What QB's return next year?

matt_mccoy19

realistically, is there a chance that Harrison Bailey is the only returning scholarship QB next year? I mean the coaching staff has treated Maurer and Shrout terribly, and JG is rumored to have either quit already or is permanently benched.

I'm willing to bet it will be HB, JT and Salter next year. I don't think JT is going anywhere. I have no idea if JG will return or not (I hope not). Maurer is the only one most likely to transfer imo.
even at that, we would need a 4th qb. also I think that JT is more likely to transfer then Maurer, jmo.

even at that, we would need a 4th qb. also I think that JT is more likely to transfer then Maurer, jmo.
We would. I'm sure if one decides to transfer, the coaches will look for one. The only reason I doubt JT transferring is from hearing about his g/f playing softball at UT. Just hearsay and rumors. Will be interesting to see what happens.

We do have Spencer Smith and Steven Orr, who were both walk-ons in 2019, on the roster. I don’t know anything about those guys though. As former walk-ons and current TN QBs, I cannot imagine they have seen much development at this point.

Any of them who want to be developed and play after college should transfer.

realistically, is there a chance that Harrison Bailey is the only returning scholarship QB next year? I mean the coaching staff has treated Maurer and Shrout terribly, and JG is rumored to have either quit already or is permanently benched.
I think there is a great chance that Harrison Bailey goes into the transfer portal and goes to a school where he can play!! He is wasting his time at UT!!

I think there is a great chance that Harrison Bailey goes into the transfer portal and goes to a school where he can play!! He is wasting his time at UT!!
LoL He's fixing to be the face of the program for the school he wanted to lead. I have a hard time believing that many will agree with you on this.

Just give me ONE that can play mid-upper tier SEC ball and I'm good.

Reactions: VolinMC
McKenzie Milton entered the transfer portal. UT needs to grab that dude.

Maurer will probably transfer. He gave us a spark last year, but was never played well after his concussions. Seemed lost on where to throw it. I’m now starting to think JG might be gone too. We gain Salter, so need to add a transfer or another recruit.

We do have Spencer Smith and Steven Orr, who were both walk-ons in 2019, on the roster. I don’t know anything about those guys though. As former walk-ons and current TN QBs, I cannot imagine they have seen much development at this point.

Said that with a grin, did you?

Reactions: VolsFan-TX
I think this game could determine what happens in the QB room. If Bailey has a great game, I think that will force JG out. If he has a terrible game, we get another season of JGs presence at a minimum. Maybe he won’t start or even play, but he will be available. And that is what concerns me. The guy is a survivor. After a nuclear holocaust there will be cockroachs, alligators, rats and Jarrett f’in Guarantano. I just fear somehow he will find his way onto the field again.

Reactions: Orange931

VN Store

Back