What player / position group is the difference maker tonight?

Two high-flying offenses. Two lesser ranked defenses. Relatively unknown special teams. Who/what makes the difference?
UT isn't a "lesser ranked" D. They're in the middle on most stats and are really good at a few like TFL's. OM is low in practically everything.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
UT isn't a "lesser ranked" D. They're in the middle on most stats and are really good at a few like TFL's. OM is low in practically everything.
I get that, but I am speaking in the context that seemingly everyone has this game being a 45-41-ish type game.

I thought they were +5 in the turnover margin...... maybe it was -5, or hopefully will be after tonight

Reactions: txvol19
I get that, but I am speaking in the context that seemingly everyone has this game being a 45-41-ish type game.
Yep. And I haven't talked about it just like I didn't talk about a intuition that MU and USCe wouldn't be close... but I think the combination of UT's aggressiveness, Ole Miss' propensity to commit penalties, and the expected crowd at the game... UT may have more success on D than most expect. OM is 129 out of 130 teams in penalties committed. UT is first in the SEC and 6th nationally in OPPONENT penalties committed. That's not generally a stat that changes a lot in one week and especially with UT at home and OM in their second road game.

Reactions: txvol19
Yep. And I haven't talked about it just like I didn't talk about a intuition that MU and USCe wouldn't be close... but I think the combination of UT's aggressiveness, Ole Miss' propensity to commit penalties, and the expected crowd at the game... UT may have more success on D than most expect. OM is 129 out of 130 teams in penalties committed. UT is first in the SEC and 6th nationally in OPPONENT penalties committed. That's not generally a stat that changes a lot in one week and especially with UT at home and OM in their second road game.
I hope you are correct.

The star position will be so critical tonight I believe. That star position is going to have to keep Corral from running all over the field. Banks doesn’t have the speed to keep him contained IMO

Is that he's running all over the field (Manziel)? He has at least 8 rushing td's (these 3 here from inside the 10; 2 straight ahead).

Anyone know the status of Evans?

This could be a big factor in our running game being better than theirs. Possible deciding factor.

VN Store

Back