What player / position group is the difference maker tonight?

txvol19

Two high-flying offenses. Two lesser ranked defenses. Relatively unknown special teams. Who/what makes the difference?

Team.

"If it is not about the team, and it is about you, you will never get out of it what you want out of it.

"I promise you, as soon as it is about the team, you will get out of it what you want out of it.

"Prepare so that when your opportunity comes, you're frickin' ready to go ... smash it. You guys understand?"
-- Tennessee Head Coach Josh Heupel

Last edited:
If I had to pick one player I’d say Theo Jackson. Huge to have him back getting the DB’s aligned correctly and hopefully making plays on the edges and in the backfield. The star position also seems to be important for run fits in this defensive scheme. Getting some TFLs and avoiding busted coverages will be important against this offense.

If I had to pick one player I’d say Theo Jackson. Huge to have him back getting the DB’s aligned correctly and hopefully making plays on the edges and in the backfield. The star position also seems to be important for run fits in this defensive scheme. Getting some TFLs and avoiding busted coverages will be important against this offense.
Yeah! I think one area that Tennessee excels more than Ole Miss is TFLs.

The key to Ole Miss winning will be their ability to run the ball and wear down our defense. If our D line can stop the run and force Corall to throw, we will have a good chance.

The key to Ole Miss winning will be their ability to run the ball and wear down our defense. If our D line can stop the run and force Corall to throw, we will have a good chance.
I will be honest - I have not seen their run game. I saw a brief snippet of the Alabama game, and they mostly threw it.

Two high-flying offenses. Two lesser ranked defenses. Relatively unknown special teams. Who/what makes the difference?
For the Vols to win the D front 7 need to force OleMiss to pass the ball. MC hasn’t had an INT this year because they haven’t had to throw the ball regularly. Force that and your odds go up.

For the Vols to win the D front 7 need to force OleMiss to pass the ball. MC hasn’t had an INT this year because they haven’t had to throw the ball regularly. Force that and your odds go up.
This is a good perspective! Maybe priority 1 should be to stop OM’s run game.

The star position will be so critical tonight I believe. That star position is going to have to keep Corral from running all over the field. Banks doesn’t have the speed to keep him contained IMO

Reactions: VAVol85 and txvol19
The star position will be so critical tonight I believe. That star position is going to have to keep Corral from running all over the field. Banks doesn’t have the speed to keep him contained IMO
I agree with you!

Both teams top priority is going to be to stuff the run.

I think our Vols will do a better job of stuffing the run and that will be the difference in our Vols getting the WIN!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Both teams top priority is going to be to stuff the run.

I think our Vols will do a better job of stuffing the run and that will be the difference in our Vols getting the WIN!!!

VFL...GBO!!!
I agree. Only reason I am picking Tennessee is UT has a better defense.

VN Store

Back