What paid services does Tennessee use to recruit and scout?

David Ubben

We obtained records of what services Tennessee subscribes to in order to aid its recruiting and scouting efforts.

And we explain what each does and how much it costs. You can see it all here.

“Jim Chaney is obsessive about film. The guy, conservatively, watches 16 hours a day,” Ellickson said. “So if he’s at home and realizes, ‘Hey, you know what? I want to look at how guys in the NFL are doing,’ well, because you guys have access to all NFL films in Thundercloud, he can go to a film study in the middle of the summer from his cottage and have all that with a couple clicks.”

We obtained records of what services Tennessee subscribes to in order to aid its recruiting and scouting efforts.

“Jim Chaney is obsessive about film. The guy, conservatively, watches 16 hours a day,” Ellickson said. “So if he’s at home and realizes, ‘Hey, you know what? I want to look at how guys in the NFL are doing,’ well, because you guys have access to all NFL films in Thundercloud, he can go to a film study in the middle of the summer from his cottage and have all that with a couple clicks.”

Already read it. Great article. Explains a lot, and it was nice knowing some of the benefits of the catapult system.

Also, 16 hours of film a day.... goodness.... that is insane.

Reactions: RollerVol
Yeah, I have my doubts about that claim (maybe that number during the season?), but interesting nonetheless.

I’m sure they can track his screen time? But yeah that’s absolutely ridiculous. His wife must hate him during the season 😂 mine would disown me.....

Almost got disowned for my VolNation screen time....

There's no way he watches 16 hours a day with any kind of regularity. Perhaps outside of spring camp/fall practice and the season itself (in other words, like right now)?

While the team is practicing, I'm assuming he'd be there, and there just isn't enough time in the day.

I don’t disagree with you at all. I’m sure he watches a ton though.

Reactions: RollerVol

You can count me in the"I don't believe that" category concerning "16hrs of film study per day". Maybe one day or two. But seriously, think@that.

VN Store

Back