What other message boards are saying (Virginia Post Game Edition)

As a Vol living in Richmond, they got themselves all psyched up that they had a tiny chance. For three weeks, the local paper published a column on how the Cavs had a shot. Most reasonable UVA fans realized this was not true, but some drank the kool aid.

The Cavs fans at the game that we met were all excited to see the game and were very pleasant.
Same here - they said they felt good that they actually scored and if they could do that against our SEC team, maybe they’ll end up doing OK in the ACC

Funniest posts:

Defense playing better than stats. Actually they played worse, we only stopped ourselves

They run tempo all game and they win?! 😂😂😂

Second to last in SEC? Cmon
This one was pretty solid
“The amount of times they play Rocky Top is overly annoying“

😂😂

Reactions: JCHateSteve
They did not. It was about as close as you could get to a home game except for the small stadium. Because it was so one-sided at a neutral site, I wonder if it was UT’s PR department doing its job and pushing the envelope to get what they wanted. Wasn’t it up to UVA to provide their starting line-up or hype visuals? I know UT announces the opponents starting line-up at Neyland. This was a neutral site so wasn't that their responsibility to get their message heard? They didn’t even bring their band. I admit I don’t know what the rules for this neutral site game were as far as what was shown on big screens.
I am sure the reason they did not bring their band was because they did not want to be embarrassed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volbackhomefromtx

Networks figured out they can keep some viewers' attention by exploiting the human desire for stories. Announcers are given various stories (big and small) to trot out during the game to see if they can tie it to the action and create a resonant theme. The tragedy is usually a top runner, including those about dead teammates or relatives followed by rags to riches tales (Byron Young answered an advertisement to play college football), or success stories (Did you know Josh Dobbs is a rocket scientist?) or wacky stuff (Will Levis puts mayonnaise in his coffee). It can be irritating for those of us who just want to watch the game, but we still remember the stories.

Networks figured out they can keep some viewers' attention by exploiting the human desire for stories. Announcers are given various stories (big and small) to trot out during the game to see if they can tie it to the action and create a resonant theme. The tragedy is usually a top runner, including those about dead teammates or relatives followed by rags to riches tales (Byron Young answered an advertisement to play college football), or success stories (Did you know Josh Dobbs is a rocket scientist?) or wacky stuff (Will Levis puts mayonnaise in his coffee). It can be irritating for those of us who just want to watch the game, but we still remember the stories.
True, but sometimes they just take it beyond absurdity (see the coverage of Cade Klubnik’s parents at last year’s Orange Bowl, that one will be fodder for jokes for at least a decade IMO)
506CF790-9316-4B87-9505-48C2B0D99FEF.jpeg

They did not. It was about as close as you could get to a home game except for the small stadium. Because it was so one-sided at a neutral site, I wonder if it was UT’s PR department doing its job and pushing the envelope to get what they wanted. Wasn’t it up to UVA to provide their starting line-up or hype visuals? I know UT announces the opponents starting line-up at Neyland. This was a neutral site so wasn't that their responsibility to get their message heard? They didn’t even bring their band. I admit I don’t know what the rules for this neutral site game were as far as what was shown on big screens.
Bottom line is the Virginia athletic dept didn’t really care to organize those things, our did. Virginia should be pretty used to getting bent over on and off the field with that athletic dept.

Reactions: Volbackhomefromtx
I know this is hard for the average college football fan to accept, but this isn’t 2008-2020. Tennessee is good. Really good. We have a damn good coach. We have an identity on offense. We have future NFL players all over our roster. There is no shame in losing to us and at least 9/12 teams on the UT schedule are going to do just that.

Grew up in Va, UVA, is the a hole, elitist , leftist school still living on Jefferson’s legacy which is long dead.

If you want to enjoy a college visit Tech is the way to go.

Terrible event last year but F UVA.
Actually, if you want to see the best team in VA, you go see James Madison.

UVA will get their eyes full of JMU next.

I did see something on the billboard saying something like "Louder" when Virginia was on 3rd down. I don't know if they did that against Tennessee as well.
I don't remember that exact wording - But I saw one, that said something like - "Quiet - Offense is thinking". (During Vols Offense.)

VN Store

Back