What other message boards are saying (Texas A&M Edition)

Vols fan deep in Aggieland. I don't understand all the love TAMU is getting in the national press. Many are predicting the Aggies to win. While they have a good team, they are coming off an absolutely brutal loss to Alabama while the Vols had a bye. When they played in Knoxville in 2020, it was under COVID conditions and will be under completely different conditions Saturday. And the Aggies are more than ready to part ways with Fisher. Someone please enlighten me.

You would think a bye week would have us ready to rock-n-roll but, and this is just decades of being a Vol fan speaking here no real stats to back it up, we have a history of coming off a bye week and being flat, fumbling, screwing it up and losing or barely sneaking out with a W. I don't what it is but my feeling on a "bye week" is about the same feeling I have for a Florida week.

You forget Jimbo is A&M’s head coach. He will make inexplicable decisions. And he’s lost 11 straight road games. He’ll eff it up. It’s what he does. You can be confident TN will get the win.
I smell a jinx.

Jimbo is a clown. To let a minute run off the clock going for it on 3rd and a million only to burn a timeout and kick the FG you should have kicked in the first place and cost your team a legit shot to win, is beyond unacceptable at any level of football, but is a fireable offense for a guy making $9 million in the SEC.
$77,562,500 buyout...Jimbo ain't going anywhere for awhile

$77,562,500 buyout...Jimbo ain't going anywhere for awhile
Agreed. But then you have pundits saying that TAMU has unlimited money. People who say that are stupid. If they did, they would have the #1 recruiting class every year and have the best head coach in all of football. They have neither. TAMU doesn’t have anywhere near the money some Vol fans want to believe.

I think we already have a roadmap to win:

1. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.
  2. Play for and make the breaks. When one comes your way—SCORE.
  3. If at first the game—or the breaks—go against you, don’t let up . . . put on more steam.
  4. Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.
  5. Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle for this is the WINNING EDGE.
  6. Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.
  7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.

You would think a bye week would have us ready to rock-n-roll but, and this is just decades of being a Vol fan speaking here no real stats to back it up, we have a history of coming off a bye week and being flat, fumbling, screwing it up and losing or barely sneaking out with a W. I don't what it is but my feeling on a "bye week" is about the same feeling I have for a Florida week.
Our two games after byes under Heupel are a 45-42 win over a ranked Kentucky team in 21 and a 40-13 win over a ranked LSU last year.

In his career to date, Heupel is 5-1(I know only 5 seasons, will comment on this) coming off a bye week, the lone loss coming in the covid season of 2020, 50-49 to Memphis.

In 2020 he had a 2nd bye week(I assume one of the two was due to covid causing games to move or whatever) but in that game after a "bye" they beat Temple 38-13.

Whenever someone mentions the Florida loss, I just shrug my shoulders and say "it's that Swamp Voodoo". lol. (See SEC shorts on YouTube if you don't get it.)
I’ve spend my entire adult life „shrugging“ after Florida losses. I’m tired of doing it. Beat Florida. No excuses.

I think we already have a roadmap to win:

1. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.
  2. Play for and make the breaks. When one comes your way—SCORE.
  3. If at first the game—or the breaks—go against you, don’t let up . . . put on more steam.
  4. Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.
  5. Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle for this is the WINNING EDGE.
  6. Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.
  7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.

1. Team with the most points will win.

Our two games after byes under Heupel are a 45-42 win over a ranked Kentucky team in 21 and a 40-13 win over a ranked LSU last year.

In his career to date, Heupel is 5-1(I know only 5 seasons, will comment on this) coming off a bye week, the lone loss coming in the covid season of 2020, 50-49 to Memphis.

In 2020 he had a 2nd bye week(I assume one of the two was due to covid causing games to move or whatever) but in that game after a "bye" they beat Temple 38-13.

Yeah I saw a story today about his record on bye weeks. Needless to say I didn't feel any comfort from that going into this game. Historically these are the kind of games we LOSE. Fortunately today, in spite of Milton being Milton, dropped passes and all, we snatched a WIN. And this was a good win. A&M is not a push over. I thought it would be miracle if we won it. It was. They can't play like they did today and win in Tuscaloosa next week tho. It won't happen. Milton's gotta make better decisions when the game is on and our receivers have to catch the ball when it's close.

VN Store

Back