What other message boards are saying (Mizzou Edition)

Our front seven and pass rush has to show back up. Hasn't really been there the last few games. We need to hit Cook hard and often.

Reactions: walkenvol
The Schrader comment is one that immediately cracked me up 😂

I guess they don’t realize our defensive deficiencies don’t happen with the other teams ground game lol

See “All-World” workhorse Ray Davis for reference.

They must have missed that two of our 1 and 2 backs both out rushed Davis. Our 3 back was only a couple yards short 🤣

Our pass rush has to show up. It’s gone stagnant the last 3 games. I worry about our secondary getting torched if the rush is not getting home. I believe this to be the key to victory for us. Offense will put up 250 rush yards on these guys. I think we can get 200 pass yards as well.
Teams throwing their quick game. Hard to rush when teams do that. I bet they don't throw quick game.

Yeesh, most of these posters are very cocky. I'm not sure why they think they are going to shut down our run game. Bama and A&M couldn't and their defenses are much better than Mizzou's.

Mizzou is a good team, but they are going to have to put up a lot of points through the air to beat us. They aren't going to shut our run game down and win 13-7 or any nonsense like that.

It's going to be a difficult game for us, but it's a winnable game all the same. O-line and secondary concern me a bit. OL has struggled on the road with penalties a lot and we have too many injuries there. And secondary has struggled without Hadden. I'm curious to see Banks' game plan here. Against Kentucky, he focused on stopping the run, but Leary ate us alive. I'm more afraid of Mizzou's pass game.

If I had to pick right now, I'd say we'll win a close one: 31-27 or something like that.
Sheesh. Sir 😊

-Tennessee doesn’t have a “terrific” offense as some of you have mentioned above. Milton is a joke and we should be able to shut their run game down. Their run game has looked okay because they haven’t really played a strong defense when they gash folks on the ground.
Tell me you have no clue what you're talking about without telling me you have no clue what you're talking about

They must have missed that two of our 1 and 2 backs both out rushed Davis. Our 3 back was only a couple yards short 🤣
I’ve noticed we’re pretty good at making other team’s best players non-factors lol. Goes back to last year. Unfortunately, sometimes that also means we make their avg players look like heisman contenders.

The running up the score thing is funny. When we were down nobody felt bad doing it to us whenever they got the chance. Also, we “ran up the score” with our backups. Those guys deserve real reps when they’re in, and it’s not their fault Mizzou couldn’t do their job and stop them.

Also, just want to thank you for being the one to scour their board for material. Their website may be one of the worst I’ve seen since MySpace was the dominant social media.

Stop it with the BS excuses
Not sure it's an excuse. There's got to be a reason that our front 4 aren't "getting home" as much as early in the season. I know we're facing better competition, but there are too many examples of "missed calls" for it to be just a coincidence. Just like pass interference, I think holding just isn't being called so teams have adjusted and feel like they can get away with it now. It's part of the game plan IMO. The old saying that a great rush is your best pass defense has merit. You take away our pass rush and it highlights our deficiencies in the secondary. I fully expect Mizzou to get the preponderance of the calls going their way...or in this instance, not going against them. I think you'll see a lot of grabbing by both the Mizzou OL as well as in their secondary with no flags for it....or very few. We'll need several big plays on both sides of the ball to win this one. Mizzou remembers our last 2 matchups so they've had this one circled on the schedule since last year. Heading into a hornets nest Saturday. If we aren't ready to go, it might look like the SCjr game last year.

False narrative except to the extent some have associated it with questionable officiating.

UT has played Bama and UF on the road. UF was a stinker but I don't think many would pick UF in a rematch. The Vols beat UK. They're 1-2 in 3 true road games. How does that equate to "issues"? It wasn't like UT was blown out in those two road losses. The Vols got better after sleep walking the first half at UF. Bama got momentum in the 3rd qtr TD pass that should have been called back for holding. They were later aided by a phantom D holding call. They didn't let go after that... and UT still outgained Bama by almost 50 yds.... oddly Bama had a 50 yd penalty yd advantage.

Again, UT doesn't have a "road game issue". Three games aren't enough to show that.
I interpretation of this is that WGWTFA.

It's not a good matchup for UT defensively. He is mobil and our secondary is very suspect with a big bodied receiver. UT may win but it will take a great defensive effort and their defense is nearly as good as Tennessee's overall so Milton will have to play well on the road which he hasn't really done consistently

It will probably be a dog fight in Columbia. Our front seven on defense will need to control the game. I think we will be able to run the ball effectively which should help our throw game as well. Fully expect Mizz to be in “prove we belong” mode.
In watching Mizzou, they come across as a scrappy, blue collar type team.
This will be a slobber knocker in Columbia!

Not sure it's an excuse. There's got to be a reason that our front 4 aren't "getting home" as much as early in the season. I know we're facing better competition, but there are too many examples of "missed calls" for it to be just a coincidence. Just like pass interference, I think holding just isn't being called so teams have adjusted and feel like they can get away with it now. It's part of the game plan IMO. The old saying that a great rush is your best pass defense has merit. You take away our pass rush and it highlights our deficiencies in the secondary. I fully expect Mizzou to get the preponderance of the calls going their way...or in this instance, not going against them. I think you'll see a lot of grabbing by both the Mizzou OL as well as in their secondary with no flags for it....or very few. We'll need several big plays on both sides of the ball to win this one. Mizzou remembers our last 2 matchups so they've had this one circled on the schedule since last year. Heading into a hornets nest Saturday. If we aren't ready to go, it might look like the SCjr game last year.
You're right, it's not a coincidence. Officials won't call holding on opposing offensive lines or PI/holding on opposing DB's. Teams have adjusted to this anomaly and our pass rush has suffered and our receivers struggle to get separation. People can scream at the wind all they want and say we're making excuses, but the probability of teams magically having no live ball penalties against us is highly improbable.

VN Store

Back