What other message boards are saying (Mizzou Edition)

False narrative except to the extent some have associated it with questionable officiating.

UT has played Bama and UF on the road. UF was a stinker but I don't think many would pick UF in a rematch. The Vols beat UK. They're 1-2 in 3 true road games. How does that equate to "issues"? It wasn't like UT was blown out in those two road losses. The Vols got better after sleep walking the first half at UF. Bama got momentum in the 3rd qtr TD pass that should have been called back for holding. They were later aided by a phantom D holding call. They didn't let go after that... and UT still outgained Bama by almost 50 yds.... oddly Bama had a 50 yd penalty yd advantage.

Again, UT doesn't have a "road game issue". Three games aren't enough to show that.
And if anything, UT beating UK on the road shouldn't have happened. We had come off a stone fight game and a crushing rivalry loss, they had a bye to get ready, and they had home field advantage. We shut down their top player and ran right through them, taking every body blow along the way.

That's just false.

0-2 at Florida both night games
1-0 at Mizzou in a noon kick
0-1 at UGA in a 3:30 game
2-0 at UK both night games
0-1 at USC in a night game
1-0 at Vandy in a night game
1-0 at LSU in a noon kick
0-2 at Alabama in a night game and a 3:30 game
1-0 at Pitt in a noon kick

6-6, with 3 of the six against top 5 caliber teams loaded with talent, 2 at a place we've won a handful of times since my parent were in college, and the other a legit disaster that admittedly shouldn't have happened. 3-4 at night.
Thanks for crunching these numbers for me.
I stand somewhat corrected...3-2 at Noon or 3:30 kicks on the road is better than 3-4.

Guess my statement should have been Heupel coached teams at Tennessee are mediocre on the road, but tend to be better in the Noon and 3:30 slots.
I think in my mind it just seemed they are "worse at night" because looking at the night games and those were bigger / more hurtful losses than the others.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
That's just false.

0-2 at Florida both night games
1-0 at Mizzou in a noon kick
0-1 at UGA in a 3:30 game
2-0 at UK both night games
0-1 at USC in a night game
1-0 at Vandy in a night game
1-0 at LSU in a noon kick
0-2 at Alabama in a night game and a 3:30 game
1-0 at Pitt in a noon kick

6-6, with 3 of the six against top 5 caliber teams loaded with talent, 2 at a place we've won a handful of times since my parent were in college, and the other a legit disaster that admittedly shouldn't have happened. 3-4 at night.

Pitt in 2022 was also 330 game, FWIW

Reactions: TWVol
Key for road games and Heupel's challenge is the stadium too... I would investigate the size of the stadiums.

To me, Heupel has won 1 solid road game (LSU) and had 2 bad losses (Florida 2023 and South Carolina 2022).

-Call me crazy but I’ve gotta feeling we win by two touchdowns. (They're crazy!)

-Tennessee is overrated, we should steam roll them. (Did a Mizzou fan seriously call another team overrated???)

-Tennessee doesn’t have a “terrific” offense as some of you have mentioned above. Milton is a joke and we should be able to shut their run game down. (Keep dreaming.) Their run game has looked okay because they haven’t really played a strong defense (Apparently Texas A&M, Alabama and Florida defenses aren't any good??) when they gash folks on the ground.

-Milton is an interception machine, we should thrive. (HUH?? 4 Int's in his career at UT... Are they thinking of Will Levis of UK last year??)

-Tennessee isn’t even remotely as good as LSU. (WHAT? How does LSU even come into the equation??) We should walk away with this game.

-Tennessee is one rough quarter away from self destruction mode. (BASED ON???) Let’s put them into it.

-UT doesn’t scare me at all, I mean who have they really looked good against? (Could have swore we were beating Bama till the refs stepped in and decided to alter the outcome of that one)

-We were better than Georgia in all facets of the game and Georgia is far superior to Tennessee (Except the score... and passing yards... and rushing yards... and defense... and turnovers... actually there was no facet of the game they were better than UGA in except turnovers lost.) Easy Dub!

-Why should we respect dirty ass UT after they decided to run the score up during our past two meetings?? (You mean you couldn't stop our offense ... when the back ups were in)

Good to know we aren’t the only ones with delusional fans. And I laughed at the “Milton is an interception machine” line. Yeah, four interceptions in nine games….an absolute turnover machine.
Exactly... 4 Interceptions for his entire career at UT... surely that moron is thinking of Will Levis from UK last year...

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Man, a moral victory at UGA has got them feeling cocky…
one of them said they were better in every facet, but stats say otherwise... the only stat they had that was higher that UGA in that game was turning the ball over.. they threw 2 ints UGA w/ no turnovers...

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Statistically we are better than them nearly everywhere. However the outcome hinges on one stat, and one stat alone. That is "# of penalties called on the home team". If it remains at zero, we have little chance.

Reactions: onevol74
-I don’t wanna believe it, but the UGA loss may have broken this team.

-I wonder if Heupel will run it up again on us?

-Tigers 27 Vols 24, we get back on track

-I think we run the table starting this weekend against Tennessee, get a NY6 bowl and win that too!

-We’re going to have to play a very clean game Saturday if we wanna beat Tennessee.

-Tennessee scares me a bit because they look like they’re getting better week by week.

-This is a make or break game for Cook, he either nuts up or crumbles. Up to him.

-Call me crazy but I’ve gotta feeling we win by two touchdowns.

-Tennessee should be an easy win as well as Florida.

-Tennessee is overrated, we should steam roll them.

-This is a revenge game against that jackass Heupel and company. Our guys should come out with their hair on fire and the intent to destroy.

-Tennessee doesn’t have a “terrific” offense as some of you have mentioned above. Milton is a joke and we should be able to shut their run game down. Their run game has looked okay because they haven’t really played a strong defense when they gash folks on the ground.

-Milton is an interception machine, we should thrive.

-Tennessee isn’t a road team, go ahead and chalk this one up as a W.

-Tennessee isn’t even remotely as good as LSU. We should walk away with this game.

-By the start of the 4th quarter, we should have this game well in our hands. If we don’t, we’ve obviously made some boneheaded plays.

-Tennessee is one rough quarter away from self destruction mode. Let’s put them into it.

-UT doesn’t scare me at all, I mean who have they really looked good against?

-We were better than Georgia in all facets of the game and Georgia is far superior to Tennessee. Easy Dub!

-Why should we respect dirty ass UT after they decided to run the score up during our past two meetings??

-Cook and Schrader should absolutely rock Tennessee’s suspect defense Saturday.

-Have no fear! We’ll finish 10-2 with losses to LSU and Georgia. That’s respectable and I’m cool with it.

-This game against UT won’t be a cake walk, but we should stroll late.
The Schrader comment is one that immediately cracked me up 😂

I guess they don’t realize our defensive deficiencies don’t happen with the other teams ground game lol

See “All-World” workhorse Ray Davis for reference.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Yeah
Mizzou’s stadium looks like an eye sore on TV with those rocks. I’ve never been to a game at Missouri but the venue doesn’t look intimidating. A larger version of Vanderbilt perhaps?
Some high schools in Texas are comparable, probably better actually.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
-I don’t wanna believe it, but the UGA loss may have broken this team.

-I wonder if Heupel will run it up again on us?

-Tigers 27 Vols 24, we get back on track

-I think we run the table starting this weekend against Tennessee, get a NY6 bowl and win that too!

-We’re going to have to play a very clean game Saturday if we wanna beat Tennessee.

-Tennessee scares me a bit because they look like they’re getting better week by week.

-This is a make or break game for Cook, he either nuts up or crumbles. Up to him.

-Call me crazy but I’ve gotta feeling we win by two touchdowns.

-Tennessee should be an easy win as well as Florida.

-Tennessee is overrated, we should steam roll them.

-This is a revenge game against that jackass Heupel and company. Our guys should come out with their hair on fire and the intent to destroy.

-Tennessee doesn’t have a “terrific” offense as some of you have mentioned above. Milton is a joke and we should be able to shut their run game down. Their run game has looked okay because they haven’t really played a strong defense when they gash folks on the ground.

-Milton is an interception machine, we should thrive.

-Tennessee isn’t a road team, go ahead and chalk this one up as a W.

-Tennessee isn’t even remotely as good as LSU. We should walk away with this game.

-By the start of the 4th quarter, we should have this game well in our hands. If we don’t, we’ve obviously made some boneheaded plays.

-Tennessee is one rough quarter away from self destruction mode. Let’s put them into it.

-UT doesn’t scare me at all, I mean who have they really looked good against?

-We were better than Georgia in all facets of the game and Georgia is far superior to Tennessee. Easy Dub!

-Why should we respect dirty ass UT after they decided to run the score up during our past two meetings??

-Cook and Schrader should absolutely rock Tennessee’s suspect defense Saturday.

-Have no fear! We’ll finish 10-2 with losses to LSU and Georgia. That’s respectable and I’m cool with it.

-This game against UT won’t be a cake walk, but we should stroll late.
LSUs offense is elite but they have one of the worst defenses in the SEC. Hardly better if at all than UT is this year. If it weren’t for Daniels, they’d have 5 losses by now most likely.

UT has also played at least 2 tougher defenses than Mizzou has in Bama and TX A&M. Outside of that, it’s been business as usual in the run game except for Florida.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

VN Store

Back