What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Mizzou Edition

"Must be misery to be a Vols fan. Lol. See you next week and will happily make fun of you after the game."

"I hope Mizzou brings their A-game...the Viles will likely be rapey."

"I hope Mizzou gives UT a slice of humble pie as a early Thanksgiving gift. Fans and team are getting way to cocky for their own good"

I don't get into the bashing but I admit, I am surprised how many of the other comment boards show an attitude of a multiple championship powerhouse.

"Must be misery to be a Vols fan. Lol. See you next week and will happily make fun of you after the game."

"I hope Mizzou gives UT a slice of humble pie as a early Thanksgiving gift. Fans and team are getting way to cocky for their own good"

I don't get into the bashing but I admit, I am surprised how many of the other comment boards show an attitude of a multiple championship powerhouse.

I don't generalize fan bases. Every single one of them has those fans.

I'm sure we've got guys who were making the rounds to OU message boards earlier in the year or that are doing such this week to Missouri's.

Tennessee is going to be ready, Missouri fans keep being cocky. Let's get it on, Dobbs and the Vols will show you who BOY is! GO BIG ORANGE!!!!

I don't generalize fan bases. Every single one of them has those fans.

I'm sure we've got guys who were making the rounds to OU message boards earlier in the year or that are doing such this week to Missouri's.

Yeah, I didn't make my point well. This was comments on ESPN gameboard. The Jackazz Vol fans were running their mouths also.
My point was the way they talk smack -
You would think that their team had Bamas' record.
Both now and historically.

From what I saw, you guys are great on the d-line but the depth's not necessarily there.

One of your starters - I think it was Golden? - was out hurt in the Indiana game and the Hoosiers seemed focused to run it towards the side of his replacement. Their RB actually has the second most total rushing yards in FBS (1678 through 10 games).

My sister's at IU. You are correct, though, in that they have been hit by injuries. They lost their starting and backup QBs to injury in the Iowa game...that said they maybe should have only won 2 to at most 3 more games.

It seems the emphasis has now shifted away from that previous always no huddle to a slower, more running based offense (mainly not leaving it entirely...or mostly on Mauk's back/responsibility). His completion rate is still low, and the UGA game seemed to emphasize that his playing like that in that former quick, passing offense was a lot more...risked (especially in regards to shorter drives where if the offense would be on the field for a 3 and out, the drive would essentially last less than a minute, making their defense's time on the field quite higher in a lower scoring game).

Try not to look at the Star system as a gauge as to our talent level.

We replaced 2 DEs, 2 of 3 LBs, both CBs and a Safety and were largely knocked as being gutted, yet we have one of the top Defenses in the SEC.

Golden was out for both IU and UGA. The Defense just looked lethargic against IU, did not play with any energy. Indiana did what Auburn did in last year's CCG. Quick snaps that seemed to diminish their focus. The UGA game, the Defense wore down due to the Offense consistently going 3'n Out.

Since then, the Offense went back to basics. Coaches realized the high octane offense was flaming out, and the problem was Mauk. OC changed the formula to make Mauk work the chains. More run plays both RB and Mauk. The A&M game is where we needed to be at. Mauk complete 58% of his passes, with 3rd down eff. at 13-21

We replaced 2 DEs, 2 of 3 LBs, both CBs and a Safety and were largely knocked as being gutted, yet we have one of the top Defenses in the SEC.

Golden was out for both IU and UGA. The Defense just looked lethargic against IU, did not play with any energy. Indiana did what Auburn did in last year's CCG. Quick snaps that seemed to diminish their focus. The UGA game, the Defense wore down due to the Offense consistently going 3'n Out.

Since then, the Offense went back to basics. Coaches realized the high octane offense was flaming out, and the problem was Mauk. OC changed the formula to make Mauk work the chains. More run plays both RB and Mauk. The A&M game is where we needed to be at. Mauk complete 58% of his passes, with 3rd down eff. at 13-21

Welcome to the board. I'm expecting the game to be a tough one

This is something that the entire Vol fanbase needs to be aware of. This is a big deal.

Not entirely true. We stand to gain another massive influx of talent and are bringing in two game changers at defensive tackle in Tuttle and McKenzie.

So, yes and no.

Yeah, I didn't make my point well. This was comments on ESPN gameboard. The Jackazz Vol fans were running their mouths also.
My point was the way they talk smack -
You would think that their team had Bamas' record.
Both now and historically.

Again though, every base.

Plus, well that's the ESPN comment sections. They're always a mess (they'd be a lot worse if ESPN wasn't requiring real names/the Facebook link).

You should have seen the sh-t that used to get posted in the ESPN message boards when the site had them

I'm not...nor did I imply that. I just said because of the way Indiana targeted and ran so efficiently against your replacement end, I'm not sure there's the depth currently (be it experience, etc) behind Golden to replace him if he goes down.

They are arrogant without cause. Remind me of Vandy fans a bit.

I give them credit for winning some games and I know this will not be an easy game. But their defense is not impenetrable and their offense can certainly be contained, especially with the pressure our defensive line can generate.

This game will be a battle no doubt, but this is not a team of world beaters we are playing. We can certainly go toe to toe with this team, unlike last year.

I'm not...nor did I imply that. I just said because of the way Indiana targeted and ran so efficiently against your replacement end, I'm not sure there's the depth currently (be it experience, etc) behind Golden to replace him if he goes down.

Here is our # snaps against A&M
Ends

Markus Golden -- 47
Shane Ray -- 47
Charles Harris -- 16
Marcus Loud -- 16

Tackles

Matt Hoch -- 39
Harold Brantley -- 36
Lucas Vincent -- 28
Josh Augusta -- 23

Harris and Loud are RSfr. They are progressing nicely. Loud batted down an Allen pass.

We will lose Golden to graduation, and Ray is a Junior but widely expected to be a top 5 pick NFL pick.

It's not a lock, but DE Terry Beckner the #1 ESPN recruit is expected to join his teammate Natreace Strong in this recruiting class.

We're deeper in the middle. Brantley is a Soph and supplanting the senior, Vincent. And Vincent isn't bad. Brantley is the next star. The kid is the quickest DT in the country. Not lying. He runs a 4.4 40. Has run two fake punts for 1st downs.

Watching the Mizzou vs A&M replay right now...

A&M just is not very good. Dropping a lot of passes, lots of missed tackles. Its the 2nd quarter and Mizzou has a pick off if a wide open dropped pass and a strip sack because the pocket broke down and Allen tried to scramble and wasnt fast enough.

Their DL does look really good though. If we didnt have a mobile QB this would be a loss for sure with our OL.

Watching the Mizzou vs A&M replay right now...

A&M just is not very good. Dropping a lot of passes, lots of missed tackles. Its the 2nd quarter and Mizzou has a pick off if a wide open dropped pass and a strip sack because the pocket broke down and Allen tried to scramble and wasnt fast enough.

Their DL does look really good though. If we didnt have a mobile QB this would be a loss for sure with our OL.

There's one part of that game that will make you lulz. A Mizzou player is running down the sidelines and A&M looks like they have him tackled, then he breaks out and keeps running.

When it shows the replay they keep circling and pointing out a DB who literally "bunny hops" at him as an attempt to tackle. It's probably the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Mizzou is quickly becoming a new hated fanbase for me.

Would love nothing more than to ruin their season on Saturday.

Greetings VOL fans. I know this isnt the best thread. But i have a question. My wife and I will be making the trip to knoxville to watch the game Sat. Any fellow fans that wouldnt mind us hanging before the game at a tailgate. We will be coming from the st. Louis area. And just really want the full expierence. Looking to meet some great fans. Any advice or invites will be much appreciated. Semper Fi. And GBO.

Alot of members here simply putting this one in the bag. Its not and if things don't break our way it won't.

Mizzou has a defense that is on par with some of the better ones in the SEC and the stats back it up.

Mizzou is third in the conference and 14th nationally in yards per play allowed, giving up less than five yards per play in every SEC game until the last one and they won it.

They are second in the SEC with 32 sacks this year. Yes I know all about Dobbs and his ability, but Ray and Golden are fast and athletic.

We have a great chance of winning, but it could go either way. A lot is gonna depend on how well Wiesman plays at center and how well the Defense can hold up with the suspensions. Don't kid yourselves, losing those guys for even the half is big.

Greetings VOL fans. I know this isnt the best thread. But i have a question. My wife and I will be making the trip to knoxville to watch the game Sat. Any fellow fans that wouldnt mind us hanging before the game at a tailgate. We will be coming from the st. Louis area. And just really want the full expierence. Looking to meet some great fans. Any advice or invites will be much appreciated. Semper Fi. And GBO.
I can't make it this weekend but you'd be welcomed at our tailgate, or at any of the others in the area. Go to the Vol Walk, then head over to the tailgate which is on the ramp to Thompson Boling Arena. Check out the pic below, our spot is literally under the trees right by the "SW" in Phillip Fulmer Way SW. There are also other great tailgates where the white car is shown in the pic. Have fun, GBO!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 2.57.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 2.57.22 PM.png
    603.5 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 1 person
Alot of members here simply putting this one in the bag. Its not and if things don't break our way it won't.

Mizzou has a defense that is on par with some of the better ones in the SEC and the stats back it up.

Mizzou is third in the conference and 14th nationally in yards per play allowed, giving up less than five yards per play in every SEC game until the last one and they won it.

They are second in the SEC with 32 sacks this year. Yes I know all about Dobbs and his ability, but Ray and Golden are fast and athletic.

We have a great chance of winning, but it could go either way. A lot is gonna depend on how well Wiesman plays at center and how well the Defense can hold up with the suspensions. Don't kid yourselves, losing those guys for even the half is big.

Who in the conference has more sacks?

ESPN and NCAA also have them at 34.

And our board says, tigers came to neyland looking for a game to steal, they said Dobbs is overrated and were willing to make a deal and tried to stop his run, booommmmm! A 60 yarder to Malone Dobbs has got a gun, sing rockytop run boys run, teach the tigers playing in neyland is no fun, tuck your tails, curb stomping its going to come, you might win but not this one BIG ORANGE BULLIES GET READY THE BEasT OF THE EAST IS READY TO SHOW HIS TEETH VOLS ARE GETTING READY TO BE THE NEW STANDARD I COLLEGE FOOTBALL BRING ON THE CRYING IRISH BELK BOWL BRING IT

Last edited:
..........bring it onnnnnn!!!!!!!! Crying irish let get in a bowl let the world no and throw hail marries at emmm alll day loby loby nd vs vols belk bowl

VN Store

Back