What other message boards are saying : Baseball edition

Cajuns making fun of us for our accents is hilarious. At least we were smart enough not to build our cities under the damned water. Stupid bastards
Cajuns had nothing to do with that. The French founded New Orleans long before the Cajuns got there. You were right about one thing though. It was dumb.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I don't know about anyone else but if I'm a 20 year old physical specimen playing division 1 baseball I darn sure don't want to be called " boy" vandyboys.....

I hate Vanderbilt also, but they are at the level of Alabama in football. They send out invitations to the best players all over the country and they come there to play. We can only hope to get to their level one day.

I did some scouring on the LSU message board tigerdroppings. Most of the chatter surrounding their board is about the coaching search. Here are a few tidbits and quotes I found interesting:

In a thread about the team boarding the plane to Knoxville
“Headed to pickup a Super regional win, and Tony Vitello?”

In a thread saying either way Tennessee loses

“If they beat us, we’re taking their coach.
If we win, they lose and we still take their coach.

Either way... they lose. They just lose less if they win

Cause we taking their coach”

“If Woodward wants Vitello, he would try to avoid rumors about him to LSU this week in order to keep that relationship intact and make the move a possibility. Does anyone else think it’s possible that lots of folks are getting fed bad info intentionally to get everyone off the Vitello scent?

There are just too many sources with too many different names emerging… seems fishy.”

In a thread about UT being the favorite

“Little Tony can't beat Paul in the post season. The best thing Tony can do is show Paul how well he plays a rusty trombone. LSU will be in Tennessee's head like a tumor.

I'm all over LSU on the bet.”

a thread making fun of Vitello

“That dude looks like Osama Bin Ladin”

“I think he was telling the LSU players they had "purty mouths". Damn hillbilly coach”

LSU seems pretty confident but...

WGWTFA!

Tennessee kicks LSU's ass out of the Super Regional with emphasis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting very tired of ESPNs comparison of Vitello success to Bruce Pearl's runs at Tennessee, Vitello strikes me as a person who has no difficulty getting in your face with the truth and would recognize a picture made in his kitchen without much difficulty,
Not saying that they are in any way similar human beings but the comparisons aren’t wrong. Bruce turned the basketball program into a powerhouse in a short amount of time and brought a particular energy about him. We never had the most talent but we competed like we belonged on the court with the best in the country. He was a players coach and a fan favorite. Vitello is the same in that sense. I don’t know of any baseball coach that has interacted with the fans like Vitello. Pearl ingratiated himself the same exact way. Fans love it, players love it and the media eats it up. Those Pearl years were extremely exciting. If anyone says otherwise they are lying.

VN Store

Back