What Other Message Boards are Saying-Bama Edition

volsrock09

TideFans.com

I hate Bama, F em all!!!!

What’s Going To Happen
Bama hasn’t played a complete game in a while.

There was a time when parades were held when a team scored 20 points on the Tide D, and it’s been done three times in the last four games. The games weren’t all that close, and there wasn’t any drama, but the D is still a work in progress.

It’ll look like things are progressing this week.

The Tide defense will be terrific, Tua will be Tua with a. big first quarter, and it’ll be a 13th straight win in the series with relative ease.
For obvious reasons, theyre questioning what it actually means to the players since they have dominated the last decade and some change.
It has been over a decade since UT has beaten Alabama which makes me wonder, is this still a rivalry for today's Bama players? Obviously most of those players were approximately 7 years old the last time Tennessee beat Alabama. For the fans, it is still a crazy fiery rivalry. I just wonder, how do you keep a rivalry feeling like one, when it is not much one one anymore?
Probably not. In 1986 when Bama beat Notre Dame, Cornelius Bennett said that he had no idea that Notre Dame was a big rival of Bama's. College football players are very young and most probably only know about what has happened over the last few years. I'm sure the players are being told that Tennessee is a huge rival, but they probably don't understand why. That's just my guess.
It's interesting to think about. I have two daughters and they have only ever lived in a world where Tennessee has never beaten Alabama (oldest is 12, youngest is 8). To them, Tennessee isn't as big a deal as Auburn or LSU. I doubt many of the players think its as big a rivalry as it once was
WOW
It's been 4,744 days since ut beat Bama
Let’s also keep in mind how many players are not from Alabama or the southeast in general so they would not have even grown up knowing the Iron Bowl let alone the Third Saturday in October.
Saban has said for a few years that he has to explain the importance of this rivalry to the players. So, no. You really can't explain something like this - something emotional - without a great deal of effort, and I doubt that Saban went that far.

The players want to beat TN because they are next, not because they are TN.
Some are taking his CJP comments about not punting and onside kicks literal
Thanks for the "heads up" CJP. Not smart!

I could see them trying to "steal" a possession with an early onside kick, but I think announcing it kinda takes away the surprise!

And they are probably going to be in 4th and long so much not punting is like too smart either. Jess may have to add about 21 points to his margin of victory prediction if this really is their plan.
Go ahead try doing that, cause you're going to lose, no matter what y'all try against us..
Yeah, I saw some chatter about this yesterday. Obviously, they will punt, and be glad to do it, if they are backed up deep in their own territory. Like inside their own 30. However, should they cross the timeline, I fully expect 4 down territory every time. No reason to punt.

Question is: Bama isn't winning the field position game against ANYONE this year, with regard to our own punting. Maybe we should scrap it too? Seems like more risk to actually have our punter come out, and certainly once the Tide gets on your side of the field, forget it. If anyone could launch a backwards punt, it would be the Tide, this year.

My other thought is if we have a close game, might need to re-think the whole idea of special teams. Not this game, and not Arkansas, but against LSU. And get ready. Malzahn is already trying to figure out how he can exploit our biggest weakness
Guessing this was a joke. Too bad you can't speak in blue font.
I expect them to blitz often Saturday. Their D can fly around but Bama should pull away at some point. I thought UT played pretty well last weekend. It is the next game, and it is still a big game to me. I remember the catcalling in 1967. UT will ALWAYS AND FOREVER be a big game? Younger guys on this board have no idea what this game is.
Their fans still hate at TN
The streak cant get high enough, and their suffering cant last long enough to ever satisfy me. Buy a big fat cigar, and enjoy the nice lights ole Byrne bought us as we destroy the Vols in the late Alabama Saturday Night. Its time for the TSIO no quarter.

I am looking forward to be able to call them "Thirteennessee".
I plan to be at the game and though I respect Pruitt, I would love to see the Phil's face as we put a massive whipping on their butt.
As some of you may be aware (I might have posted about it once or twice before), I hate tennessee with the searing, white-hot heat of 1,000 suns, especially with fulmer back.

So this week is really no different that any other for me, though it will be fun to watch the ever-lost expression on the face of that fat piece of crap when Bama extends the streak to a new record level.

Roll Tide, and I truly hope Bama drops 100 on them Saturday.
Over the past 11 seasons plus the first half of this season, Tennessee has a record of 69-74 with 7 losing seasons. This season Tennessee will finish with another losing season, the third in a row for them. The best they have accomplished during this time span was back to back 9-4 seasons in 2015 and 2016. Looking ahead to the rest of the 2019 season for Tennessee, they will probably lose at least 7 games. This time span for Tennessee starts with the last season of Fulmer and then goes through one season of Lane Kiffin, 3 seasons of Derek Dooley, 5 seasons of Butch Jones, and now a season and a half of Jeremy Pruitt. Questionable coaching hires have certainly hurt Tennessee, but what else is going on in Knoxville? Tennessee used to have a proud football tradition and they were a real thorn in our side. I never even think about these guys when each season starts and they have become an expected win every season. What happened to Tennessee?
Our 10 years in the wilderness ( 1997-2006). was very mild compared to what Tennessee has gone thru. During our bad stretch we still had three 10 win seasons and one SEC championship.
You can't say a word. When the expanded conference was being considered in the late 80s, Alabama gladly took on the most difficult program available (Bama obviously couldn't play themselves) - the best historically and the best at the time beside themselves. UT would be elite through the first 10 years of the "new" SEC. Alabama never said a word about having to play them, even during the unfair "probation" stretch where Bama lost 7 in a row because of scholarship depletion. So, don't you or anyone else say a word about Bama playing UT, as though Bama was looking for the easy way out. And why do you say "hmmmmmmmmm". There's not a conspiracy - it's just the 2 best SEC programs historically finding it appropriate to play each other annually. Neither have whined or are whining about having to play the other when things weren't going their way, unlike some programs who now do whine. Also, neither UGA or AU have whined about playing each other annually. Only LSU. Not even UF to this point. When has LSU ever lost the West because of losing to UF since Saban? How about never. LSU loses to Alabama every year - that is their problem. The unbecoming whining and pouting is just throwing dust into the air. Alabama and UT (as despicable as they are - there was great mutual respect before Fulmer) is just right.
They seem to be a little concerned about the Tua-Jeudy fiasco, but overall chalk it up as wanting to win and competitiveness
Do we think the dust up was just a game specific issue? Is it possible that Jerry feels like he’s being targeted less than he should be? Is Tua trying to spread the ball around to keep everybody happy?
It was a little concerning while watching. It looks like Tua tried to avoid discussing it in a lot of detail

Hope it’s not a disruption to the chemistry of the team

Nick bringing up “rat poison” again may be something to pay attention to
I wont bore you with predictions as that will be as obvious as their hatred for Fulmer.

tenor.gif

Nice to see that the rivalry is still there. For the players that don't realize it's a big game even though we are down, let them lose it. The derision that will follow will make losing the NC game a joke.

Reactions: FallCreekVols
I hate Bama with a passion, but I will also say that beating them was never fun when they were bad as it was just more satisfying to break their season.

It is much more entertaining to me to beat Bama, Florida, Georgia, LSU or Auburn when they are good as I have been around long enough to see each time rise and fall a couple of times.

The SEC is just better when all 6 of the historical power teams are good.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
"As some of you may be aware (I might have posted about it once or twice before), I hate tennessee with the searing, white-hot heat of 1,000 suns, especially with fulmer back.
So this week is really no different that any other for me, though it will be fun to watch the ever-lost expression on the face of that fat piece of crap when Bama extends the streak to a new record level.
Roll Tide, and I truly hope Bama drops 100 on them Saturday."

This guy is a true, long time Bama fan who gets it. I wouldn't want them any other way. A true, sincere, bottomless pit of hatred and loathing for each other for the rest our lives. Go Vols!!

"As some of you may be aware (I might have posted about it once or twice before), I hate tennessee with the searing, white-hot heat of 1,000 suns, especially with fulmer back.
Roll Tide, and I truly hope Bama drops 100 on them Saturday."

This guy is a true, long time Bama fan who gets it. I wouldn't want them any other way. A true, sincere, bottomless pit of hatred and loathing for each other for the rest our lives. Go Vols!!

Amen

Their hatred of Fulmer is laughable.

Hey Gumps: STOP BUYING PLAYERS AND THERE WON'T BE ANYTHING TO TURN YOU IN TO THE NCAA!!!

(Well, it IS Bama, so I'm sure there is other stuff, but you get the idea)

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back