What Other Message Boards Are Saying: Arkansas State Edition

Memphis beat the absolute dog @#$# out of them last year.

That was when dum dum Harsin was still calling plays and still trying to run the Boise offense with HUNH players. When he turned over the play calling duties to the OC...we bounced back pretty good. The Memphis game was a complete disaster...lowest of the low last year. The best thing that happened for the ASU football program was Boise hiring him and paying us 1 million to take him away.

I am pretty much in the majority of ASU fans who hope we just compete well and get out of there healthy. I personally like our chances against Miami better. I would like to get a home and home with the Vols sometime in the future. We need everyone healthy for the conference slate, and we still have to get through Miami and Utah State.

That was when dum dum Harsin was still calling plays and still trying to run the Boise offense with HUNH players. When he turned over the play calling duties to the OC...we bounced back pretty good. The Memphis game was a complete disaster...lowest of the low last year. The best thing that happened for the ASU football program was Boise hiring him and paying us 1 million to take him away.

So the ASU is easy...now the ato?...you sell cars? And you went to public school in Arkansas? :hmm:

I didn't realize they lost 31-7 to Memphis last year...that makes it kind of hard to take them seriously. I hope they're better competition than Utah St but I highly doubt it.

I didn't realize they lost 31-7 to Memphis last year...that makes it kind of hard to take them seriously. I hope they're better competition than Utah St but I highly doubt it.

It's fine with me if they aren't better competition than Utah State. I think they are better but if not, I'm fine with it.

One of their guys explained this...their former head coach (Harsin)...tried to force feed the Boise State offense to the Gus Malzahn players...and THAT 'S why they allowed 31 points....:unsure:....TO MEMPHIS!!! :fireworks:

Reactions: 2 people
I am pretty much in the majority of ASU fans who hope we just compete well and get out of there healthy. I personally like our chances against Miami better. I would like to get a home and home with the Vols sometime in the future. We need everyone healthy for the conference slate, and we still have to get through Miami and Utah State.

That is pretty much guaranteed to never happen. There are exceptions to this rule, but it is usually a 2 or more home (big school) for 1 home (small school) (e.g., Mississippi State vs S. Alabama). The small conference schools get a big pay day when they come to a larger conference team to play. Hate to burst your bubble, but we are paying your team to act as our practice squad so we can see what our deficiencies are for our true intra-conference competition. Did you ever hear of the Harlem Globetrotters losing to the Washington Generals? Small schools are expected to lose at larger home schools. The teams that power 5 conferences will give a 1 and 1 to are teams that can compete with one another. We are still relevant in that conversation because of our fan base and the money that can be generated from those games. To be honest, not many vol fans expected UT to compete with Oregon. Although we are turning around, it is still unlikely will win at Oklahoma (most on this message board will agree with that statement). The moral of this story is to be glad your school will get a payday regardless of the outcome.

Last edited:
And they do...a LOT...so we can't RETORT?...harsh set of rules you got for us there Griff. :glare: Personally I like siccing sjt loose on other message boards...sands down some of his rough edges. :aggressive:

no opposing team trolls vn. there are 2 gators and a bama fan and they never troll. even if they did it's different than utah states board having 9 or 10 volnation posters at one time literally taking up some of their threads.

no opposing team trolls vn. there are 2 gators and a bama fan and they never troll. even if they did it's different than utah states board having 9 or 10 volnation posters at one time literally taking up some of their threads.

I dispute your "facts"...cuz they're fiction...2 Gators and 1 Bama fan are the only opposing fans on this board? :blink:...closer to gameday there's more than that on ONE THREAD. USU fans will get over this minor apocalypse...if they have pleasure of getting their hides tanned by our Vols on a future date, maybe they take their hat off in our house! :aggressive:

That is pretty much guaranteed to never happen. There are exceptions to this rule, but it is usually a 2 or more home (big school) for 1 home (small school) (e.g., Mississippi State vs S. Alabama). The small conference schools get a big pay day when they come to a larger conference team to play. Hate to burst your bubble, but we are paying your team to act as our practice squad so we can see what our deficiencies are for our true intra-conference competition. Did you ever hear of the Harlem Globetrotters losing to the Washington Generals? Small schools are expected to lose at larger home schools. The teams that power 5 conferences will give a 1 and 1 to are teams that can compete with one another. We are still relevant in that conversation because of our fan base and the money that can be generated from those games. To be honest, not many vol fans expected UT to compete with Oregon. Although we are turning around, it is still unlikely will win at Oklahoma (most on this message board will agree with that statement). The moral of this story is to be glad your school will get a payday regardless of the outcome.

Like I said before, most ASU fans just want to compete well and get out of there healthy. ASU only plays one guarantee a year and UT is it this time. Miami is a home and home and Mizzou is home and home. The eventuality is that with the big schools phasing out FCS competition, the guarantees for one off games are going to shoot up. Eventually home and home will be the procedure due to cost.

Really? :crazy:

I couldn't agree more! I hate interacting with anyone who doesn't share my world view, interests, etc. I assign a great deal of meaning to every comment from every person I happen to come across, and when someone offers an opinion that has the slightest hint of anything that could be construed as disagreement with my rigid, dogmatic, narrow-minded mentality, every fiber of my being instantaneously erupts into a fit of rage that can only be cured by a circle jerk with self-affirming friends. I hope Freak heeds our advice; we at VN should learn from other sites and take ourselves much more seriously.

Damn right! Gotta do some bud nippin'. Keep them hooligans outta Mayberry!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back