What oil(and filter) do you use?

This thread reminds me of a story.

A guy called in to a radio station in Atlanta. Commented that he had put 1,000,000 miles on his Toyota car. When asked about what oil he used he stated Castrol.

Two weeks later be called back in. Castrol heard about his comments and gave him oil for life. To service his all his vehicles. Current and future.

Radio guy asked him what Toyota did. He said he hadn't heard a peep from them.

A guy called in to a radio station in Atlanta. Commented that he had put 1,000,000 miles on his Toyota car. When asked about what oil he used he stated Castrol.

Two weeks later be called back in. Castrol heard about his comments and gave him oil for life. To service his all his vehicles. Current and future.

Not surprised. Cool move by Castrol

Lol, knowing toyota quality they probably would have to give out 30 free cars a year.

8120031_sll_5079769_pri_larg.jpg

510kIh-zRzL.jpg

Probably gonna switch back to Mobil 1(for the truck). It's cheap at Walmart and more convenient than ordering AmsOil.

Conventional...
I've only used Synthetic in one car, I had a Porsche, prior to having kids and ran Mobil 1 in it...On those you only changed the oil every 9,000 to 10,000 miles and it took 9 quarts...

I have the Denali's changed every 5,000, with just conventional 5-30

It's $65 for a oil change and tire rotation. That's with Mobil 1 Extended Performance and K&N HP filter.

I buy the oil and filter separately. Then it's $18 for an oil change and rotation at Pep Boys

It's $65 for a oil change and tire rotation. That's with Mobil 1 Extended Performance and K&N HP filter.

I buy the oil and filter separately. Then it's $18 for an oil change and rotation at Pep Boys

Saves you about $10 buying the oil and filter yourself.

Are you really going 15K on the Mobil 1 EP?

I personally wouldn't take any oil no matter what additives they've put in it past 5K. That's just me though.

Saves about $30 at Pep Boys.

I plan on going the 7,500 my owners manual suggests

Really not impressed with the bosch. When I replaced it after 5,000, it looked bad. The pleats looked mangled and looked a lot more worn than other filters.

I went with Ford Motorcraft this time. It's as close to oem as I could get on amazon.

VN Store

Back