What makes y'all think that Harrison Bailey

JG with two full seasons to work with Chaney should not be underestimated. IIRC, JC said something in an interview earlier in the year that he always takes the time to talk to his QBs finding out which plays they are most comfortable with, plays they don’t like, etc. JC is the best OC we have had since the last time he was here in 2012. UT has been missing a great offensive mind for a while and we have it now. JG is definitely not the next Manning or Shuler, but he clearly got better as the season went on despite much adversity. This is certainly hard to predict but I think JG thrives under the tutelage of JC next year, BM is most likely your back up, HB sees action in 4 games before he RS, JTS transfers. 2021 is a heated battle between BM & HB where HB wins the job outright. GBO!

Last edited:
Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
JG with two full seasons to work with Cheney should not be underestimated. IIRC, JC said something in an interview earlier in the year that he always takes the time to talk to his QBs finding out which plays they are most comfortable with, plays they don’t like, etc. JC is the best OC we have had since the last time he was here in 2012. UT has been missing a great offensive mind for a while and we have it now. JG is definitely not the next Manning or Shuler, but he clearly got better as the season went on despite much adversity. This is certainly hard to predict but I think JG thrives under the tutelage of JC next year, BM is most likely your back up, HB sees action in 4 games before he RS, JTS transfers. 2021 is a heated battle between BM & HB where HB wins the job outright. GBO!

He is not the one you are looking for...
obi-wan.jpg

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Which means he must lead the SEC in tight window completion % because when he’s thrown TO A RECEIVER he’s hit his mark much more often than he’s missed. Thank you for finally giving the kid a compliment on his ball placement skills!

That doesn't mean that at all.

He could and did throw incompletions on many of those "interceptable" balls. They just weren't all intercepted.

InterceptABLE doesn’t mean interceptED. That means even though he’s throwing into coverage (which he will get better with time) his ball placement skills (which is an actual thing) are among the best in the SEC. I understand you meant it as an insult to him but guess what homeboy...... it backfired

That really does not correlate like you are saying. It means he is throwing bad passes into coverage. He has a low completion percentage and high int rate so he is having a ton broken up, intercepted, or just plain falling incomplete.

JG with two full seasons to work with Chaney should not be underestimated. IIRC, JC said something in an interview earlier in the year that he always takes the time to talk to his QBs finding out which plays they are most comfortable with, plays they don’t like, etc. JC is the best OC we have had since the last time he was here in 2012. UT has been missing a great offensive mind for a while and we have it now. JG is definitely not the next Manning or Shuler, but he clearly got better as the season went on despite much adversity. This is certainly hard to predict but I think JG thrives under the tutelage of JC next year, BM is most likely your back up, HB sees action in 4 games before he RS, JTS transfers. 2021 is a heated battle between BM & HB where HB wins the job outright. GBO!
I believe that given time, CJC could create an efficient offense with Smokey as signal caller.

Like vs KY when BM goes 6/12 for 96 yards and another 19 on the ground. Then gets pulled at half time. Or when JG goes 0-7 and get the full game and confidence of the coach. That type of fair shot?? Or JT and the south South Carolina game??

Go look at all the QB stats and ask yourself if you were coach which QB should’ve had the most playing time. It’s not even close.

It seems everyone takes it for granted that JG is coming back.. Have I missed something? Has he said "I'am coming back for another year"? He has/will graduated this month has't/won't he? Why play just to be playing, to me he has no chance at a pro career, to me needs to just get on with his life and be a Vol For Life.
God we can only hope so

JG will never be good enough to lead the team to victories against good teams or teams UT shouldnt win. The sooner he is gone the sooner CJP can focus on the future. Remember..JG has been beaten out of the starting job by 3 qbs now..

That doesn't mean that at all.

He could and did throw incompletions on many of those "interceptable" balls. They just weren't all intercepted.

That really does not correlate like you are saying. It means he is throwing bad passes into coverage. He has a low completion percentage and high int rate so he is having a ton broken up, intercepted, or just plain falling incomplete.
No ones ever disagreed that he needs time to develop but how about you count how many passes were dropped or not purposely thrown away that contribute to his “low completion percentage”. Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with accuracy. This video was obviously made prior to MSU so there’s more examples yet to come but we all remember, outside of the 2 mistakes, he was taking MSU apart as well as Alabama. My point is “interceptABLE” yet not intercepted is actually compliment to his timing and ball placement skills.

It seems everyone takes it for granted that JG is coming back.. Have I missed something? Has he said "I'am coming back for another year"? He has/will graduated this month has't/won't he? Why play just to be playing, to me he has no chance at a pro career, to me needs to just get on with his life and be a Vol For Life.
Did you play ball? Why wouldn't a player want to play? And as far as being a pro, he'll get a shot. NFL teams are looking for tools and they don't care if JG lost to GA St. There are numerous players in the NFL that nobody heard of before, had mediocre careers, were on terrible or non-blue blood teams, but they had the tools. And there are a lot who had great college careers, played on championship teams, but they were not NFL material. (pretty much every Alabubba qb ever)

Last edited:
No ones ever disagreed that he needs time to develop but how about you count how many passes were dropped or not purposely thrown away that contribute to his “low completion percentage”. Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with accuracy. This video was obviously made prior to MSU so there’s more examples yet to come but we all remember, outside of the 2 mistakes, he was taking MSU apart as well as Alabama. My point is “interceptABLE” yet not intercepted is actually compliment to his timing and ball placement skills.

Once again you can't say minus the 30% of his thrown passes bring intercepted that he was picking them apart. If so, JG plays perfect if we can erase 30% of the passes thrown in a given game.

Bama was meh to bad too. Intercepted on 15% of the passes attempted with no TDs.

Lets play the exception game though.

Minus the two td passes vs UGA he has been a scoreless turnover machine.

He has potential. Looked like a freshman. Nothing wrong with that.

Sure you do and I will not lay off either. Back to the original argument. It is a silly argument to go on the record today and say we have the best Qb roster next spring.
Once again, instead of calling it silly I've yet to see you put up a case for who and why will have the better room. Not liking JG is not a reason for thinking that we won't have the best group in spring. I've even told you the schools that I feel have a QB room similar to ours, you've not given anything to this thread other than to crap on the guy that posted it.

Explain then why there is not a single top tier SEC QBs name on that list. Interceptable doesn't mean accurate it means that 16% of every pass he threw the other team had a better chance of catching the ball than our own team, all while under a "clean" pocket. The average SEC QBs sit at 7%, how can you possibly continue to say the kid is accurate?

Explain then why there is not a single top tier SEC QBs name on that list. Interceptable doesn't mean accurate it means that 16% of every pass he threw the other team had a better chance of catching the ball than our own team, all while under a "clean" pocket. The average SEC QBs sit at 7%, how can you possibly continue to say the kid is accurate?
Because once again.....accuracy and decision making are 2 different things. Accuracy is the ability to throw the ball at a spot and hit that spot. Decision making is PICKING your target which is what you 2 are talking about and intertwining it into accuracy and that’s not true.

Y'all have spent entirely too much time trying to convince people who are fans of the same team that players on said team can't win. How do you have the energy especially with how we finished the season? All three quarterbacks had some good moments and some bad moments. Bailey probably redshirts unless he's Peyton Manning 2.0 or unless everyone else is a complete disaster. What else is there to say?

Y'all have spent entirely too much time trying to convince people who are fans of the same team that players on said team can't win. How do you have the energy especially with how we finished the season? All three quarterbacks had some good moments and some bad moments. Bailey probably redshirts unless he's Peyton Manning 2.0 or unless everyone else is a complete disaster. What else is there to say?

2018-JGGame-Logs.png

2019-JGGame-Logs.png

Where is this monumental growth under Chaney that you seem to believe has manifested itself on the field?

2018-JGGame-Logs.png

2019-JGGame-Logs.png

Where is this monumental growth under Chaney that you seem to believe has manifested itself on the field?

Well we are 7-5 in 2019 compared to 5-7 last year with JG under center leading UT to victories down the stretch to the same teams we lost to in 2018 except for UK. A 2-game improvement in wins is a least something positive right? I am not sure what are record will be next year or JG’s stats, but you would think he would get better under a proven OC like Chaney correct? Wins and losses are all that matter in the end.

2018-JGGame-Logs.png

2019-JGGame-Logs.png

I would not say monumental growth the last 2 years but definitely growth and pretty significant growth from his Fr year. I think JG has developed pretty normal for an SEC QB and could continue that growth next year. He did have a pretty big injury that he had to deal with the last 5-6 games. I think he's shown improvement but I would not call it monumental.

I like to argue and you apparantly do not, just a difference of opinion is all.

Because once again.....accuracy and decision making are 2 different things. Accuracy is the ability to throw the ball at a spot and hit that spot. Decision making is PICKING your target which is what you 2 are talking about and intertwining it into accuracy and that’s not true.
This has nothing to do with decision making, it has to do with the fact that everytime he throws the other team has a chance to intercept the ball not because he made a bad decision but because he threw a ball the other team had a chance to catch 16% of the time. He also leads the SEC in contested balls that the defense touched before the offense touched and that stat would show both bad decision making if the receivers are covered and bad accuracy if they aren't covered. The league average is under 7%, he's nowhere close to that. I'm done with you as this is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard someone make, actually calling it a positive is unrealistic I feel. Good luck convincing people on that one.

VN Store

Back