What makes y'all think that Harrison Bailey

I don't know, I would say passing for 415 yards against one of the best passing defenses in the SEC was a pretty damn high, high. There's a reason JG was a highly rated recruit. He has the skill set necessary to be elite if he can just settle down between the ears.

Well, that is exactly what he lacks. High speed information processing is what elite QBs have.

Well, that is exactly what he lacks. High speed information processing is what elite QBs have.

Agreed. But that's a skill set you can learn with proper coaching. I'm not saying he'll become a Heisman QB this offseason, but he has the physical skill set to be a good college QB, and maybe a 2nd straight year of Chaney will bring that side out of him.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Agreed. But that's a skill set you can learn with proper coaching. I'm not saying he'll become a Heisman QB this offseason, but he has the physical skill set to be a good college QB, and maybe a 2nd straight year of Chaney will bring that side out of him.

I don't think so, I think that is genetic. You either have it, or not.

Strong disagree. Genetics doesn't define whether someone can read a defense, check down, scan for your 2nd and 3rd options, etc. That's all repetition and coaching.
No but it does define how fast you process info...a person can train it. But just like a math problem some can look at it and instantly know the answer and some it take a little but longer to work out...the difference between reading a defense in 2.4 and 2.8 is huge!!!

Reactions: 9876543vol
If Taylor does not allow the Wr to get behind we win the game. It was blown coverage and my analysis is correct.
Whatever. If the play call had been to put everyone deep and keep the play in front of them he wouldn't have gotten beat by having the receiver behind him. Your analysis is wrong, just like the DC's play call on that play.

Whatever. If the play call had been to put everyone deep and keep the play in front of them he wouldn't have gotten beat by having the receiver behind him. Your analysis is wrong, just like the DC's play call on that play.
Matter of opinion. The coaches can call a play but if a player doesn’t follow his responsibilities then it is a bad play call? I don’t think so.

Like I said..... stubborn and closed minded. Both of you.
What is close minded about showing stats that show JG competing with the top QBs in the league? We've shown you the stats Maurer led the SEC in and you didn't like those and now we show you stats of the SEC leaders and you don't like them either. Not sure what you are wanting to hear?

What is close minded about showing stats that show JG competing with the top QBs in the league? We've shown you the stats Maurer led the SEC in and you didn't like those and now we show you stats of the SEC leaders and you don't like them either. Not sure what you are wanting to hear?
I posted the explanation of the difference on post #178. If you read it then you’ll know I’m not arguing “stats”. That’s you two. I WAS simply trying to get the two of you to understand the difference in actual accuracy vs decision making. Although I think we should all agree that BM wasn’t truly “prepared” for playing time vs UF. Add that to his UTC game and by the time he started vs UGA he was already behind to the likes of 4/13 going in to his first start with an offense tailored to him. To even reach nearly 50% at a pass/run ratio of around 60/40 speaks to his accuracy that you 2 claim he lacks.

I posted the explanation of the difference on post #178. If you read it then you’ll know I’m not arguing “stats”. That’s you two. I WAS simply trying to get the two of you to understand the difference in actual accuracy vs decision making. Although I think we should all agree that BM wasn’t truly “prepared” for playing time vs UF. Add that to his UTC game and by the time he started vs UGA he was already behind to the likes of 4/13 going in to his first start with an offense tailored to him. To even reach nearly 50% at a pass/run ratio of around 60/40 speaks to his accuracy that you 2 claim he lacks.
He lacks accuracy because every single stat matrix shows just that. JG once had to play Fl, Al and Ga as a Freshman and he too lacked accuracy back then. The difference in the 2 is simple, JG didn't have a veteran in front of him with a proven track record of protecting the football like Maurer does. We'll know in a couple of years what type accuracy BM possesses, I just don't think it will be in Knoxville.

He lacks accuracy because every single stat matrix shows just that. JG once had to play Fl, Al and Ga as a Freshman and he too lacked accuracy back then. The difference in the 2 is simple, JG didn't have a veteran in front of him with a proven track record of protecting the football like Maurer does. We'll know in a couple of years what type accuracy BM possesses, I just don't think it will be in Knoxville.
Careful what you wish for

So now Tennessee fans should fear Maurer should he transfer? I doubt many folks agree with this take but more power to you for thinking it.
Im not sure how many would rather play against him than with him but I can assure you, given the proper time and loyalty, he has ALL the tools to make you regret not keeping him if it came to that.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Strong disagree. Genetics doesn't define whether someone can read a defense, check down, scan for your 2nd and 3rd options, etc. That's all repetition and coaching.
Disagree! NFL is full of backups and bad starters that have the genetics that made them athletic enough to be great QB’s and all the coaching they received in HS,College, and the NFL won’t / hasn’t made them good at all them things you listed.

A lot of worms died in vain during Maurer’s snaps against Kentucky.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Disagree! NFL is full of backups and bad starters that have the genetics that made them athletic enough to be great QB’s and all the coaching they received in HS,College, and the NFL won’t / hasn’t made them good at all them things you listed.

Okay. Fine. Choose to believe what you want, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I strongly disagree and it is my opinion that genetics doesn't tell you how to read a defense. Posters were saying JG doesn't have the genetics to improve in the mental aspect of the game, but that's just a ridiculous notion, IMO.

Okay. Fine. Choose to believe what you want, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I strongly disagree and it is my opinion that genetics doesn't tell you how to read a defense. Posters were saying JG doesn't have the genetics to improve in the mental aspect of the game, but that's just a ridiculous notion, IMO.
I think genetics is a bad choice to describe it.
I absolutely think teaching and coaching has some affect for sure, but some guys just have a limit or all them backups with all the tools wouldn’t be below average QB’s.
I think it’s more like common sense/book sense .
Some smart guys don’t have football sense!
Some guys that struggle with school work have high football IQ.
You either do or don’t and teaching can only increase it by small incriminates

Reactions: 1vol8

VN Store

Back