What makes me angry with these changes?

99gator

Congressman
The media.

All of the tears shed about tradition, rivalries, etc., being shed by the media.

You wanted this! You wanted #1 vs #2 for the national title because the 5 best teams playing in 5 different bowl games was unacceptable. And then when you got it, you still weren't happy. You wanted a playoff. And you've also been wanting more than a 4 team playoff since the playoffs began.

You wanted super-conferences. You were tired of Alabama/Auburn beating some FCS chump the week before the Iron Bowl. You wanted better non-conference matchups, better schedules, etc. You wanted increased number of conference games played.

You wanted players to get paid. You were upset with the schools making all the money and the players getting nothing.

You wanted all of this. A percentage of fans have wanted these things, sure. But, the media really wanted it.

And now, there is all this crying about rivalries or what happens to Kansas State, etc.

Why is it that people don't understand that the things they want come at a cost?

Sorry. End of rant

Last edited:
Create new traditions. You still have the OU and Texas tradition. It's just in a different conference. A&M vs Texas is back. I don't think traditions are gonna be that destroyed.

The only thing I worry about is the loss of impact upsets will have. That's one of the glorious things in college football. One big upset can flip everything upside down. Now you will probably have 3 loss teams in the playoff lol

Create new traditions. You still have the OU and Texas tradition. It's just in a different conference. A&M vs Texas is back. I don't think traditions are gonna be that destroyed.

It's going to be the old South West Conference for at least a quarter of our SEC teams now. So, traditions will be back.

The only thing I worry about is the loss of impact upsets will have. That's one of the glorious things in college football. One big upset can flip everything upside down. Now you will probably have 3 loss teams in the playoff lol

This is funny because it reminds me of many single A Tennessee high school playoff teams.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
The media.

All of the tears shed about tradition, rivalries, etc., being shed by the media.

You wanted this! You wanted #1 vs #2 for the national title because the 5 best teams playing in 5 different bowl games was unacceptable. And then when you got it, you still weren't happy. You wanted a playoff. And you've also been wanting more than a 4 team playoff since the playoffs began.

You wanted super-conferences. You were tired of Alabama/Auburn being some FCS chump the week before the Iron Bowl. You wanted better non-conference matchups, better schedules, etc. You wanted increased number of conference games played.

You wanted players to get paid. You were upset with the schools making all the money and the players getting nothing.

You wanted all of this. A percentage of fans have wanted these things, sure. But, the media really wanted it.

And now, there is all this crying about rivalries or what happens to Kansas State, etc.

Why is it that people don't understand that the things they want come at a cost?

Sorry. End of rant
It’s the media’s job to be dramatic. Saying “everything is great!” Gets no one to turn the tv on, click the website, or subscribe.

I'm happy because this pretty much guarantees UF won't win anything meaningful in football again (It's already been well over a decade since they mattered in the sport of college football). I welcome them to the club of championshipless football. Don't worry, you will get used to it quickly.

The media.

You wanted super-conferences. You were tired of Alabama/Auburn beating some FCS chump the week before the Iron Bowl. You wanted better non-conference matchups, better schedules, etc. You wanted increased number of conference games played.

Sorry. End of rant
Tradition is done and this is probably the start of many things to come. There is a lot of money to be made and a lot more coming so if the opportunity comes to do things different than how they have always been done programs are going to start doing it.

I'm happy because this pretty much guarantees UF won't win anything meaningful in football again (It's already been well over a decade since they mattered in the sport of college football). I welcome them to the club of championshipless football. Don't worry, you will get used to it quickly.

+1

FLA's program tries to do its best regarding money, while our admin tossed in the towel (could care less) going on about 15 years ago
If our admin tried, then I would not like the super conference either. I'll bleed orange to the death, but we're really Vandy - East.

---------------------------------------------------------

Besides, Texas, OU, T-A&M, Arkansas, and maybe Mizzou are old rivals.

The media.

Sorry. End of rant
You may be a Gator, but if there's one institution I hate more than the University of Florida, it's the legacy news media, so:

tenor (11).gif

"The media" is not a monolith lol. Ryan Mcgee won't have the same opinion as a KNS writer or a USC media member or...on and on. They're individuals and they largely disagree with one another...like lay people do.

The media.

Sorry. End of rant
Very well stated. As an aside, I'm baffled why some take exception to posters who support other schools from posting here, even when the topics of their posts are not derogatory towards UT or promoting their school of choice. I guess many persons need homogeneity or an echo chamber for their ideas. This unfortunate mindset is spreading throughout governments and businesses resulting in the silencing of voices through censorship and social intimidation. I appreciate your input.

Very well stated. As an aside, I'm baffled why some take exception to posters who support other schools from posting here, even when the topics of their posts are not derogatory towards UT or promoting their school of choice. I guess many persons need homogeneity or an echo chamber for their ideas. This unfortunate mindset is spreading throughout governments and businesses resulting in the silencing of voices through censorship and social intimidation. I appreciate your input.

I love when @Jaws posts on VolNation, he's honest and calls things like they are

Reactions: Jaws
So don’t open the thread or put him on ignore. Problem solved!
Or here's another idea. He doesn't post threads about what gators are unhappy about on a Vols football forum. That's even easier, and makes a lot more sense.

As for the "why" question, here's why: I don't come here to hang out with gator fans. Or bama fans. Or vandy fans. I come here to hang out with Vols fans. To share that bond we have. Gators and 'Dores and Dawgs just get in the way of that.

If you want to hang out with fans of other schools, maybe go hang out in the Around the NCAA board instead. Or start a SECNation.com fan board where all the cats and dogs can make out together.

This is a Vol board. I'm here to hear from and share with fellow Vols.

Reactions: volsknx and Behr
The media.

Sorry. End of rant

So how are the media’s stories different than the ones pinging around fan sites again?

None of this changes the fact that ESPN is the only thing in Disney’s portfolio that loses money.

At some point don’t the schools and/or conferences just start streaming their own events?

VN Store

Back