What languages do you speak?

I don't speak any languages other than English, but I'm thinking about signing up for Arian Foster's online course in pterodactyl.

Thought it might be fun to discuss languages considering I find them phenomenal and enjoy learning. My fiancée is Brazilian so I’m currently learning Brazilian Portuguese although she’s fluent in English. It’s somewhat similar to Spanish which I speak a little of. What about you guys? Ever learned a different language or aspire to do so?
Eu falo um poco de Portuguese. The Brazilian variety. Similar to Spanish. And French. Their "T" are pronounced as a "Ch".

Hablo espagnol as well.

Tagalog rin.

Took years of French but have not used since 2017? When I was at resort in the Philippines. A Canadian student was there and she was scared to use the tricycles because all the drivers look baliw (crazy) haha. "

If forgotten my Afrikans (kitchen dutch).
My Mandarin too. I was learning Japanese for a bit.

So I'm fairly 100 percent fluent in English.
50 percent spanish
50 percent Tagalog (Filipino)
30 perfent (Brazilian Portuguese)
20 percent French and losing more by the day. Give me 3 days in Montreal and I'll be back up to 40s maybe.

Eu falo um poco de Portuguese. The Brazilian variety. Similar to Spanish. And French. Their "T" are pronounced as a "Ch".

Hablo espagnol as well.

Tagalog rin.

Took years of French but have not used since 2017? When I was at resort in the Philippines. A Canadian student was there and she was scared to use the tricycles because all the drivers look baliw (crazy) haha. "

If forgotten my Afrikans (kitchen dutch).
My Mandarin too. I was learning Japanese for a bit.

So I'm fairly 100 percent fluent in English.
50 percent spanish
50 percent Tagalog (Filipino)
30 perfent (Brazilian Portuguese)
20 percent French and losing more by the day. Give me 3 days in Montreal and I'll be back up to 40s maybe.
Wow! That’s quite the variety!

Reactions: LittleVol
What city is she from?
Have you been to Colombia?

I've been down there a couple of times; my favorite spot that we visited is San Agustin, in the south of Huila. She's from Neiva (Huila) originally but has lived in Garzon for a time as well.

I speak Redneck. And, since moving to KY a few years ago, I speak a weird version of Yankee-ish redneck. Folks here have a strange northern-esque accent and dialect. @joevol33 can relate.

Reactions: joevol33
Marginal english.

If I am around spanish enough I get back to be above conversational with it. But out in public muy pequito espanol.

Enough german vocab to get around the country.

I can contextually understand Polish. if I am around it enough I start to "understand without knowing" various languages to some level. Even with german and Spanish I understand them both better than I can speak them.

VN Store

Back