What kind of fans are we?

zestyzoo23

In VOLS We Trust
I'll admit I have had my fair share of bashing on Hopson, but he is still part of this team and the free throws he missed didn't lost the game for us. I remember when he hit the game winner against florida, everyone was on his side again. I mean damn i thought we all bleed orange here, he is a Tennessee Volunteer.....GBO

"To whom much is givin much is expected"

oh i completely agree but after reading some of these posts it is ridiculous.. I would like to see them hit that free throw in such a pressure situation..yes he was an all american coming out of high school but he is still really young..development is coming

None of us should get too upset with any of these guys.
They're just kids.

Not sure what's wrong with Hopson. He has a world of talent. Maybe he just doesn't love the game?

There were several loose balls and rebounds that were all Scotty's if he wanted them at all. There were 9 players on the floor that were leaving it all on the floor yesterday, so it's just sort of sad when that one guy can sort of put a damper on the intensity of the game.

Scotty got the same scholarship that Tatum got. If Scotty didnt have the hype coming out of HS then he wouldnt get so much heat.

Would love to see him leave here a UT legend.

I remember when Chism had a little bit of hype coming out of Bolivar and some of us were calling him out during his Sophomore year for his "soft" play. We all know the rest of the story two years later.

Scotty will be find

The key with scotty is he has to drive the ball. if he does that he can get easy shots and get in a rythm. then he can shot jumpers when the d plays the drive

zesty you are right, Hopson will get it togather. He will be a big part next year. I think he gets intimidated with pressure. thanks Vols for the greatest season ever in men basketball.

Scotty got the same scholarship that Tatum got. If Scotty didnt have the hype coming out of HS then he wouldnt get so much heat.

Would love to see him leave here a UT legend.

I remember when Chism had a little bit of hype coming out of Bolivar and some of us were calling him out during his Sophomore year for his "soft" play. We all know the rest of the story two years later.

Scotty will be find

Really?...And what will he FIND? :huh:

You know... Prince used to catch a lot of hell for making bad decisions or inconsistent play or whatever. He grew into an awesome Senior though. Nineteen year old kids can be all over the board physically and psychologically. Vitriol toward them for their youth doesn't really help. If Hopson were not putting in the effort, I'm sure you'd know from the coaches. I'm in favor of being supportive and honest. Angry fans creep me out.

The internet has changed fandom from chest painting and water-cooler banter to something resembling religious zealotry. If I were a player and saw the way some people talk about me on here, I'd be downright nervous. It's one thing to talk about a guy who gives 5 seconds of effort for every 60 seconds he's on the court; it's a completely other thing to be accepting of some of the threats and highly volatile comments.

The internet gives the village idiots a place to congregate, then hands them pitchforks and flaming torches of misinformation and sets them loose to lather themselves up until they can agree on a monster issue to chase after. The inverse is also true; I have learned more about game mechanics from this forum than anywhere else thanks to the highly intelligent and kind posters who cut through the crap and share legitimately useful and verifiable information. One side always outweighs the other depending on whether we are winning or losing. We need both sides.

Fans just want to see him be more of a team player, and take better shot selections. Seems reasonable to me.

You know... Prince used to catch a lot of hell for making bad decisions or inconsistent play or whatever. He grew into an awesome Senior though. Nineteen year old kids can be all over the board physically and psychologically. Vitriol toward them for their youth doesn't really help. If Hopson were not putting in the effort, I'm sure you'd know from the coaches. I'm in favor of being supportive and honest. Angry fans creep me out.

THANK YOU. Lack of productivity and or lack of "tons and tons of emotional outbreaks" does not equal lack of effort. PPl who say he doesn't "care" or doesn't "give effort" are ignorant. Yeh, BP and co put someone on the floor that doesn't care or doesn't try. GTFO
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I know the free throw didn't lose us the game, but it sure didn't help. Scotty needs to be able to make free throws. No excuses.

I know the free throw didn't lose us the game, but it sure didn't help. Scotty needs to be able to make free throws. No excuses.

They all do. If I were a Vol baller coming back next season, I'd live at the free throw line over the summer. There's no excuse for scholarshipped players to airball free throws.

VN Store

Back