What is your "feeling" for this game?

I'm planing on our offense finally showing up and our defense to continue what they're been doing. And please please please God let us not make any stupid mistakes.

Gut feeling:
I think our offense will continue to struggle. LSU will crowd the line, take away the run and underneath passing and force us long until we prove we can hit them. The good news; LSU defense is suspect and we get a couple scores on them and the defense holds. UT wins ugly 17-13, or maybe 13-10.

Based on what I have seen so far, I think LSU wins handily. Not a true blow out, but at least two touchdowns and never really in doubt beyond the half.

Sorry. I wish I could say otherwise. Your defense is excellent. But offensively, extremely anemic. I don't see any reason to think that will change soon.

You asked.

Sloopy game on both sides. UT will once again look below average and the fans will be complaining. LSU wins by 10-14 points with a TD mid/late 3rd quarter. It will never be all that close, just UT getting 1 or 2 first downs then punting. UT will trail the whole game once LSU scores in the 1st.

The game being postponed until tonight will throw everyone out of sync and that won't help the offense as they were out of sync already, it will take the O a while to get going and if the defense will keep LSU off the field we have a chance, remember Fla. kept the ball most of the second half and the O had a tough time gettiig into a flow, I know we talk about how good our D is but how many 3rd and long did Fla. convert? we got to stop that and let the O get on the field. Right now the only way we are going to win is to keep the other teams O off the field. remember last year at Ga. we kept the ball away and won the game, we got to keep the ball. I think it's going to be close, to close to call. :search:

A whole lotta stadium stairs run, butt chewins delved out, pints of midnight oil on game fims and offense prep, not to mention individual self analysis I think has went by this week, throw in our boys were embarrassed. I think the Vols explode, similar to the 85 sugar bowl performance.

Originally posted by dan4vols@Sep 26, 2005 12:19 PM
I think the Vols explode, similar to the 85 sugar bowl performance.
[snapback]150335[/snapback]​

Now Thing!

If we were about a 20 point underdog, I would have no doubt that we would win. But I'm kinda nervous. If we could just come out of the gate & start rollin on O then that will settle me down some. My heart tells me that we'll win by 1 or 2.

I'm nervous. Even though we have our backs against the wall I think LSU has the emotional edge being their first home game after multiple delays and having the motivation of playing for their disaster-struck state.

I think its imperative that our offense start strong for confidence because we have nothing to fall back on if we flounder (confidence wise). I think the D should have a good performance, but honestly, I think overall it depends on whether the streaky Russell is on or off. If he's off, we're in really good shape because they shouldn't be able to beat us with the run. If he's on, we'll have a lot of trouble slowing them down.

Special teams just flat out can't make mistates. I'll take mediocre production as long as we don't turn it over.

Ultimately, we have no real reason to believe in a VOL victory other than faith. The VOLS haven't shown me anything yet this year to make me believe we can win the game... Preseason hype doesn't count anymore. BUT - I do have faith. I'm 100% VOL 4 LIFE and I believe we can do it. I'm expecting for the VOLS to make us proud tonight, but I'm still nervous just because of the gravity of a loss.

I think Fulmer, Sanders, and the bunch of them see it as we do. Offense scheme needs more aggressive play calling or it will be another hard fought defeat.

This should be to no one's suprise, same story different year. Right out of the gate every year, the 'O' is conservative until the Coaching staff feels the players are comfortable in the scheme.

To HECK with that. They loose this game, it will feel like the wheels are coming off.

They may not win but it won't be because the play book is stuck on page one, trust me on that one.

HEY SANDERS - PRETEND IT IS NOVEMBER, LETS GET TO PAGE 3 TONIGHT. YOU HAD ALL SUMMER TO GET THE BOYS READY, LETS SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO.

First play, play action to Fayton across the middle 18 yds, and a Tennessee First Down!!!!!!!!!!!

GO VOLS.

1st post here. The LSU posters I am reading in the ESPN Top25 board seem overly confident. I have a very good feeling about tonight, like we might see something really special. Hope so anyway. :post-20645-1119625378:

I don't get how LSU fans can feel confident unless they watched the Arizona State game while wearing a blindfold.

Originally posted by GAVol@Sep 26, 2005 1:47 PM
I don't get how LSU fans can feel confident unless they watched the Arizona State game while wearing a blindfold.
[snapback]150371[/snapback]​

Well, they definitely have us beat in the special teams category.

Check this out!

I am waiting at the end of my street today to pull onto the main road on my way to work. I live in a very small town on the NC Coast. Normally I am not a patient driver but this morning I waited for this slow car to pass before pulling out. I then proceed and notice that the car I had waited on has Tennessee plates and beyond that it is from Knox county. What are the odds that I wait on a car, it has TN plates and is from Knoxville and we are playing LSU on a Monday. It only means one thing....

WE ARE GOING TO WIN!!!!!!

GO VOLS!!!!!

heineken.jpg

Originally posted by Vol 4 Life@Sep 26, 2005 1:05 PM
I think LSU has the emotional edge being their first home game after multiple delays and having the motivation of playing for their disaster-struck state. 
[snapback]150355[/snapback]​

If we could only have a Tornado or something, maybe we would be as hyped as LSU... :birgits_giggle:

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Sep 26, 2005 4:00 PM
If we could only have a Tornado or something, maybe we would be as hyped as LSU... :birgits_giggle:
[snapback]150447[/snapback]​

How about a Volnado!!!!

Originally posted by Arclight@Sep 26, 2005 4:05 PM
Just wait till ESPN2 starts their LSU Victim Litany.
[snapback]150462[/snapback]​

Yeh, I think I will throw up... :yuck:

VN Store

Back