What is your anticipation level for the 2019 season ?

What is your anticipation level for the 2019 season?

• 10 My highest ever, I’ve got Pru fever!

Votes: 11 4.0%

Votes: 13 4.7%

Votes: 63 22.7%

Votes: 68 24.5%

Votes: 42 15.1%
  • 5 an average amount - same as always

Votes: 36 12.9%

Votes: 21 7.6%

Votes: 12 4.3%

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 1 I’ve taken up knitting 🧶 during football season.

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
I'm going 12 but it's not "Pruitt fever". This season we find out what we've got and what we'll be looking forward to for years to come.

Don't think we'll see the 2nd year jump to the point some believe because the lines take longer to fix than the programs people comparing to for year 2. But we'll see enough to know if we have a FB coach or not.

I'm going 12 but it's not "Pruitt fever". This season we find out what we've got and what we'll be looking forward to for years to come.

Don't think we'll see the 2nd year jump to the point some believe because the lines take longer to fix than the programs people comparing to for year 2. But we'll see enough to know if we have a FB coach or not.

I agree. My excitement level is through the roof but it ain't Pruitt Fever Lulz. I can't answer or say anything for anyone except me, but Im confident that Ill know how I feel about this staff and obviously Pruitt by the end of this season. A big part of my excitement is the anticipation of just finding out.

Many don't like to think or talk about it, but I do. I don't expect or count on it, but what if we fought like the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark all season long and actually won 8 or 9 and everyone was saying "yea, I think we got us a good'un" ?

What if BeardedVol started a thread.. "I ain't never been this excited, with my pants on" after regular season? Okay, That's going a little too far, but you know what I mean.

Yep, 10+.

**Don't want to leave everyone out.

What if we loose all 12? Than what?

This was hard to cast a vote for... I just don’t know. 2020 will really tell me where we are but a few key wins will swing us hard in the right direction this year. I believe big losses won’t affect us quite as negatively as much as a couple big wins affects us positively.

Losing to a low tier school will get over shadowed by a big win over Florida.

My anticipation is high
My excitement is high
My readiness for football is HIGH
My expectations are tempered by my attempts to manage them

Reactions: SmokinBob
I agree. My excitement level is through the roof but it ain't Pruitt Fever Lulz. I can't answer or say anything for anyone except me, but Im confident that Ill know how I feel about this staff and obviously Pruitt by the end of this season. A big part of my excitement is the anticipation of just finding out.

Many don't like to think or talk about it, but I do. I don't expect or count on it, but what if we fought like the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark all season long and actually won 8 or 9 and everyone was saying "yea, I think we got us a good'un" ?

What if BeardedVol started a thread.. "I ain't never been this excited, with my pants on" after regular season? Okay, That's going a little too far, but you know what I mean.

Yep, 10+.

Could say this about 1000 different ways, but at the end of the day, THIS is what it's going to take to over achieve this year and hit 8-9 wins. I mean, eventually, logic says we're going to win more than expected, instead of the opposite, so, now's about as good of a time as any to get the Vol train back on track.

Yep, 10+.

Ditto. You saved me a lot of typing. I'm excited every year.

Reactions: Behr
I’m an 8. I’m excited because I’m expecting nice improvement. Not 10 wins, but I think we’ll see a game 13 in late December.

Year 39 of a sentence to be determined. Every new season is a new opportunity. Let's see what Fall camp brings.

Reactions: Vol4Life2289
Destroying the lofty anticipation level of our opponents and rivals is my anticipation level ;)

I said 8 just because, come on, its almost football time. I’m always excited for the season to start, but after the positive momentum with recruits, I’m ready for fall camp to start. I’d say that if we have a decent (6-8 win) season, my excitement level for next year would be a 10.

I guess I'm an 8. But, I would be an 8 at the prospect of a date with Marisa Tomei, but with a totally different physiological response.

Anticipation level for college football: 10

For the Vols: 1 because they make me super damn nervous

Yep, 10+.

Ditto. Also, it's time for us to cycle up. History's proven we always come back; might as well start with this year.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
tenor.gif

Me until UT gets some DB's good enough to beat Vandy...or was when UT beats Vandy, UT will get good DB's? I can't remember...I love the off-season but hate the off-season.

Reactions: malinoisvol
5. Not under-excited and not overexcited. But I imagine once practice starts it will go up to a 10 like it always does

Mine is always very high....I am also normally cautiously optimistic going into every football season.

VN Store

Back