What is wrong with our society?

You work with Law Enforcement, right?

Don't act like you've not heard of or seen some ****ed up sh!t before.

Oh, I have. Truly mystifyingly dumb things, too. But no one would know about them so I'm referring here to a reported incident of just senseless stupidity by someone.

Oh, I have. Truly mystifyingly dumb things, too. But no one would know about them so I'm referring here to a reported incident of just senseless stupidity by someone.

There are good stories as well. Even from your link:

Rodriguez also said he wanted to thank the good Samaritan who offered help immediately after the incident. The stranger got on the phone with the 911 dispatcher as Rodriguez performed CPR and helped Rodriguez stay calm, he said.

"When paramedics arrived that's when I noticed he was gone," he told CNN. "I didn't get his name and I never got to thank him for helping me in that time of need. I just want to thank that individual in person for helping me."

That's true.

(Of course my suspicion is that the Good Samaritan bolted because he had a warrant out. Just to show you how jaded I am sometimes).

I'm surprised you somehow haven't blamed President Trump for this sad accident.
After all, in today's loony world of thinking, it's always being Trump's fault.

That's true.

(Of course my suspicion is that the Good Samaritan bolted because he had a warrant out. Just to show you how jaded I am sometimes).

Oh, I have no doubt that tends to happen. Or the Good Samaritan happens to not want "to be involved."

Had that happen on a fatality accident I worked some years ago. Had a witness to the entire event and he really didn't want to give a statement.

Unfortunately this happens several times a year. It's just horrifying that someone would do something like this. My heart goes out to the family.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
I think this happens more often than you might think. I remember this happening near Knoxville years ago. Killed a woman from Michigan I think riding in the passenger seat. Dumb teenagers thought it would be funny until they killed someone and found out otherwise.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Unfortunately this happens several times a year. It's just horrifying that someone would do something like this. My heart goes out to the family.
About 10 years ago I was driving through Asheville on I-40 and some kids were throwing gravel off an overpass at oncoming traffic. My windshield was cracked by a small rock. I don't regard this as a societal problem as much as it is a problem of stupid kids without respect for others, who don't know what they're doing and being allowed to roam their streets without supervision. It's nothing new though.

Reactions: CABVOL and VolStrom
It doesn't end because, you'll have people come in here talking about they are children and their whole life in front of them and they shouldn't be tried as adults and they are blah blah blah.........instead of saying kill them and make an example. Is that too harsh...no, no harsher than the sentence carried out by their actions against some poor unwilling person.

I'm sorry, it's no different than a good kid in all aspects of life who gets drunk, goes too fast, wrecks, and dies. It's sad, tragic, terrible, but, completely unavoidable. Bad choices have consequences.

You know why you don't put your hand on the hot burner on the stove........yep, because it's hot, only takes one time to do it and you'll never do it again.

When people start to understand that some choices you make allow for no second chances and ultimately, end your life, they begin to think and view things differently. Especially when it has finality, no appeals, no other outs, just one unavoidable consequence.

About 10 years ago I was driving through Asheville on I-40 and some kids were throwing gravel off an overpass at oncoming traffic. My windshield was cracked by a small rock. I don't regard this as a societal problem as much as it is a problem of stupid kids without respect for others, who don't know what they're doing and being allowed to roam their streets without supervision. It's nothing new though.
So Society then?

You're seeing the results of piss poor parenting and taking the the teaching of discipline out of childhood.
happened before my father was born. his grandfather was killed this way.

not defending this as kids being kids, just pointing out this stuff has been going on since probably forever, and is not a millennial problem.

VN Store

Back