What is wrong with Kentucky Basketball?

I think it's more a case that he never has veteran starters. You flip your roster every year and it's just going to be difficult. When I watched the youth Duke threw out against our mature players, it highlighted things a bit for me.
I agree and they got better this year as it progress. They did have several returning players this year more so as in the past. Cal looks lost out there and is not coaching just appears to be be reacting to the situation. He is behind in the game and not thinking ahead. This is not the old Cal he was even complaining about officiating it appeared before the game even started.

I agree and they got better this year as it progress. They did have several returning players this year more so as in the past. Cal looks lost out there and is not coaching just appears to be be reacting to the situation. He is behind in the game and not thinking ahead. This is not the old Cal he was even complaining about officiating it appeared before the game even started.
He’s never ever been an in game coach. But he’s always been able to make teams better over the season.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Gotta love the AT&T commercial with the Kensucky players. The comment of one and done has a whole new meaning after conference and NCAA tournaments.
No it doesn't. Stop. That was intentionally the joke and it had nothing to do with this year.

Cal cannot coach. He is kind of like Butch. Can assemble the talent but can not raise the level of the athlete he has recruited.
Agree. Probably the best recruiter out there, but if his team doesn't out talent whoever, he's usually not out coaching most. Yeah, he's got a decent overall record, but it's because he's normally had the best recruits in the nation compared to the majority of teams he's faced. Not that my opinion of him matters, he's a millionaire from doing it, I've just never been impressed with his in game coaching. Besides, Kentucky sucks 🤣

Agree. Probably the best recruiter out there, but if his team doesn't out talent whoever, he's usually not out coaching most. Yeah, he's got a decent overall record, but it's because he's normally had the best recruits in the nation compared to the majority of teams he's faced. Not that my opinion of him matters, he's a millionaire from doing it, I've just never been impressed with his in game coaching. Besides, Kentucky sucks 🤣
Not hard to recruit to UK. Kids go there to get paid for a year before they get paid in the NBA. I'm sure the kind of money being thrown around that program would make bama blush.

Reactions: joevol33
Six Final Fours. Yes, he’s on a dry stretch, but that’s not Jumbo Fisher. Stupid comparison. He’s not the greatest ever, but he’s massively closer to greatest ever than steaming pile of poo like what y’all want to paint him as
His last Final Four was 2015.
Jimbo Fishers last "final four" was 2014.....

Calipari's national title came in 2012
Fishers came in 2013

Calipari has a 77% winning percentage
Fisher has a 73% winning percentage

both are the definition of doing less with more. and Calipari is at a place/sport with a lot more history, and a lot less conference competition.

never said Calipari was poo, just that he should be doing more. try not being so defensive.

His last Final Four was 2015.
Jimbo Fishers last "final four" was 2014.....

Calipari's national title came in 2012
Fishers came in 2013

Calipari has a 77% winning percentage
Fisher has a 73% winning percentage

both are the definition of doing less with more. and Calipari is at a place/sport with a lot more history, and a lot less conference competition.

never said Calipari was poo, just that he should be doing more. try not being so defensive.
Calipari ranks 15th all time with that winning percentage. In an era with way more teams competitive than most of those names above him. Again, because you want to pretend it’s meaningless: 6 Final Fours. Only six coaches have more

Calipari ranks 15th all time with that winning percentage. In an era with way more teams competitive than most of those names above him. Again, because you want to pretend it’s meaningless: 6 Final Fours. Only six coaches have more
Jimbo is 8th in Div 1 in the modern era (post WW2)

again. not saying his history of Final Fours are meaningless, again you are being defensive and reacting to things I am not saying. I am saying he should be doing more, since 2015. like Jimbo.

Jimbo is 8th in Div 1 in the modern era (post WW2)

again. not saying his history of Final Fours are meaningless, again you are being defensive and reacting to things I am not saying. I am saying he should be doing more, since 2015. like Jimbo.
K, Self, Izzo, Roy, etc all should’ve done more by these standards. Some of y’all would probably find ways to say Jay Wright should’ve done more

K, Self, Izzo, Roy, etc all should’ve done more by these standards. Some of y’all would probably find ways to say Jay Wright should’ve done more
No they shouldn't have. Duke/K are the only ones who recruited anywhere close to Kentucky's level. Kentucky was always top 5 in recruiting classes. None of the others have been that consistent in recruiting.

for what its worth, Memphis is an even bigger under achiever.

Regarding the Final Fours, two of them were stripped for recruiting violations, the one at UMASS and the one at Memphis. Kentucky is a sacred cow or they would have probably gone after him there too. There’s a fellow named Worldwide Wes who should also be credited with that winning percentage. Especially at Memphis.

Regarding the Final Fours, two of them were stripped for recruiting violations, the one at UMASS and the one at Memphis. Kentucky is a sacred cow or they would have probably gone after him there too. There’s a fellow named Worldwide Wes who should also be credited with that winning percentage. Especially at Memphis.
Oh good grief, this is why Tennessee fans are mocked universally across all other fan bases and leagues

Kentucky is a sacred cow? The NCAA has hammered Kentucky, on multiple occasions across the decades. And no one can blame Cal for what happened with Derrick Rose. The NCAA cleared him and his SAT score. There’s not a coach in the country that wouldn’t have played him.

Cal and Ky haven’t been the same since John Robic stepped away from coaching. Cal has never been a great bench coach and Robic was his right hand man, going all the way back to UMASS.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Oh good grief, this is why Tennessee fans are mocked universally across all other fan bases and leagues
And why exactly would that be? Did I say anything that wasn’t accurate? Everybody knows about Calipari. I live in the Memphis area. It was all well publicized down here how he operated. Try harder next time.

Kentucky is a sacred cow? The NCAA has hammered Kentucky, on multiple occasions across the decades. And no one can blame Cal for what happened with Derrick Rose. The NCAA cleared him and his SAT score. There’s not a coach in the country that wouldn’t have played him.
You honestly think Cal didn’t arrange Rose’s “test”? Please. The NCAA couldn’t find it’s butt if you spotted it one hand. They were as worthless then as they are now. Hard for me to believe there is anyone out there that will defend that pond scum but I guess there is. Knock yourself out. I will not.

And why exactly would that be? Did I say anything that wasn’t accurate? Everybody knows about Calipari. I live in the Memphis area. It was all well publicized down here how he operated. Try harder next time.
Please guy. This makes the whole fan base sound so unbelievably weak…

“I live in Memphis…” please

Please guy. This makes the whole fan base sound so unbelievably weak…

“I live in Memphis…” please
It makes you sound like you think Cal is all that when he isn’t. Living in Memphis gave me the chance to watch him up close for 9 years. Last chance. You are avoiding my question. Did I say anything inaccurate?

It makes you sound like you think Cal is all that when he isn’t. Living in Memphis gave me the chance to watch him up close for 9 years. Last chance. You are avoiding my question. Did I say anything inaccurate?
Nobody cares about any of it. You are massively blowing it out of proportion. I don’t care if you lived in suit pocket, it still makes you sound unbelievably jealous. Compared to Coach K, yea, he’s inferior. Compared to just about anyone else? Yea, he’s all that and his resume and record proves it

You honestly think Cal didn’t arrange Rose’s “test”? Please. The NCAA couldn’t find it’s butt if you spotted it one hand. They were as worthless then as they are now. Hard for me to believe there is anyone out there that will defend that pond scum but I guess there is. Knock yourself out. I will not.
And as far as the NCAA “clearing” somebody, they also cleared North Carolina in that academic scandal on a technicality when they were caught red handed. Please don’t bring the NCAA into it. They have zero credibility when it comes to investigations.

Nobody cares about any of it. You are massively blowing it out of proportion. I don’t care if you lived in suit pocket, it still makes you sound unbelievably jealous. Compared to Coach K, yea, he’s inferior. Compared to just about anyone else? Yea, he’s all that and his resume and record proves it
His “resume” shows that he’s the only coach that has been stripped of two Final Fours at two different schools and considering the talent he has had at KY, he has woefully underperformed. Can you dispute that? KY would fire him now except for having stupidly signed what amounts to a lifetime contract. Yeah, he’s just fabulous. For the third time, did I say anything that was inaccurate? If you can’t or won’t answer it, there is no need for further discussion.

His “resume” shows that he’s the only coach that has been stripped of two Final Fours at two different schools and considering the talent he has had at KY, he has woefully underperformed. Can you dispute that? KY would fire him now except for having stupidly signed what amounts to a lifetime contract. Yeah, he’s just fabulous. For the third time, did I say anything that was inaccurate? If you can’t or won’t answer it, there is no need for further discussion.
Yea. I have. He’s one of the most successful coaches of all time. For the third time, no one cares. They view him with six final fours. But you lived in Memphis!!! That means everything and then some! Can you imagine how different all this would be if you lived in Ducktown?

VN Store

Back