What is wrong with Kentucky Basketball?

volbound1700

Already have 2 losses on the season and losing to Michigan now.

It seems like Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, and Tennessee are carrying the banner of the league.

I was surprised they were ranked #4 but I thought they would be better than they have been.

Takes time for all those new 5 stars to come together. As they say, it's not how you start but how you finish. March is what counts.

Reactions: Raebo and snarcks
I watched the second half and they handled an average Michigan team and made clutch plays to get the win. Why the heck was that game in England, by the way? Like was just said, typical Cal team here early on.

But I don’t think there’s necessarily anything “wrong” with KY basketball. Did you see their class next year? They have what is considered arguably the best recruiting class of all time coming in. Even better than their John Wall/Anthony Davis/Booker & Towns classes. Just don’t think they have a very good X and O coach.

Reactions: volbound1700
I watched the second half and they handled an average Michigan team and made clutch plays to get the win. Why the heck was that game in England, by the way? Like was just said, typical Cal team here early on.

But I don’t think there’s necessarily anything “wrong” with KY basketball. Did you see their class next year? They have what is considered arguably the best recruiting class of all time coming in. Even better than their John Wall/Anthony Davis/Booker & Towns classes. Just don’t think they have a very good X and O coach.
Your last part, Cal can recruit, but he sucks as a coach. If his guys can't just out talent a team, they can't win on coaching.

Takes time for all those new 5 stars to come together. As they say, it's not how you start but how you finish. March is what counts.

True but to make tournament, you have to win the OOC games in November and December. Seems like January and February are the months that don't count lol.

12-4 SEC teams haven't made tournament while 7-9 SEC teams with a couple of decent OOC wins have. Whether fair or not, OOC wins matter.

Ive always thought his X’s and O’s were bad but that shortcoming has been covered up by just overpowering talent.

The entire CBB world has caught up to that and just having all the talent is not enough to get by against coaches and teams that can game-plan and adjust throughout the game. Developing players is also a key to success, coaches that can do that are going to be successful against the teams like UK. Plus, the talent pool is deeper than ever. We aren’t seeing the 5 star guys just dominate outright, we are seeing lower ranked players getting into systems that prepare them for success on any given night.

Personally, I think it’s great that you can turn on practically any basketball game these days and enjoy good, competitive basketball.

Your last part, Cal can recruit, but he sucks as a coach. If his guys can't just out talent a team, they can't win on coaching.
Cal isn’t a good in game coach, as in making in game adjustments. He’s fantastic in practice and making the team better over the season.

Reactions: joevol33
Some UK fans here are comparing him to Jimbo. Highly paid coach who brings in a ton of talent, but refuses to change his archaic offense.

Reactions: BUBear

VN Store

Back