What is up with all the defeatest Vol fans with no guts?

Sorry for my snappy response then, I am used to people trashing posters for being new and assuming they are bandwagon fans. Oh I will be, I am a 247 refugee but I canceled my sub when no matter what this basketball team did there was a football recruiting fluff story on the front page. I also used to be very active on/r/collegebasketball on reddit until I got banned during the Arkansas game last year....

How’d you manage to get banned from reddit?

That’s awesome, glad to have you and wasn’t being sarcastic...this place is a ghost town when it’s a down year or during the off-season, would be nice to have this much interaction at those times too.
Well there is not as much to talk about with bball. There are only five positions on a bball team where fball has 26; counting special teams.

There is no conspiracy against UTK by ESPN, shoe companies, or "the media." There are 4 National College Basketball Brands - Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, and Carolina. Villanova has won 2 of the last 3 Championships, and they aren't in the same stratosphere as these 4. Neither are perennial powers Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, or Louisville. All of these schools have had long term, sustained success (30-40 years), yet still play second fiddle to these Blue Bloods.

How exactly would ESPN reap the rewards of Zion winning National Player of the Year in March while games are being played November-March? They reap the rewards now because he is a freakish athlete that is must see TV playing on the best team in in the best conference.

Zion is getting the publicity because he is a once every 15-20 year talent that will be the #1 pick in 6 months, and then a perennial All Star and marketing force. Grant Williams is a fine college player. There's no college coach or opposing fan that wouldn't want him on their team. But the fact is, he will be at best a role player in the NBA, but will probably play most of his career overseas. These are 2 different level players. NBA benches and overseas rosters are chock full of All Conference players and All Americans (please Google the Memphis Grizzlies roster if you don't believe me). There are only a few icons, which Zion will probably be barring injury.
You do realize UCLA has won the most ncaa champ. (11)

There is no conspiracy against UTK by ESPN, shoe companies, or "the media." There are 4 National College Basketball Brands - Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, and Carolina. Villanova has won 2 of the last 3 Championships, and they aren't in the same stratosphere as these 4. Neither are perennial powers Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, or Louisville. All of these schools have had long term, sustained success (30-40 years), yet still play second fiddle to these Blue Bloods.

How exactly would ESPN reap the rewards of Zion winning National Player of the Year in March while games are being played November-March? They reap the rewards now because he is a freakish athlete that is must see TV playing on the best team in in the best conference.

Zion is getting the publicity because he is a once every 15-20 year talent that will be the #1 pick in 6 months, and then a perennial All Star and marketing force. Grant Williams is a fine college player. There's no college coach or opposing fan that wouldn't want him on their team. But the fact is, he will be at best a role player in the NBA, but will probably play most of his career overseas. These are 2 different level players. NBA benches and overseas rosters are chock full of All Conference players and All Americans (please Google the Memphis Grizzlies roster if you don't believe me). There are only a few icons, which Zion will probably be barring injury.
💯

complaining about complainers doesnt help anything. it just junks up the message board.
I am trying to instill pride and confidence in this team, obviously the point of my post went over your little head sweetheart, but most people seemed to get it. Try to keep up.

How’d you manage to get banned from reddit?
If you remember the Arkansas game last year was a close game, and I have always hated Arkansas fans, maybe it is just the ones I have interacted with. Regardless, I made several "disparaging" but in my opinion accurate statements about them in the game thread, and the CBB subreddit is full of snowflakes so they banned me. To be fair I had drank a little bit that night and then made 50+ new reddit accounts to keep trolling the mods further and showing them what a joke their ban was. Those poor bastards tried IP bans, MAC bans, but unfortunately my computer engineering degree from UTK made me a hard pest to remove. Not that you need a CE degree to do simple stuff like VPN and mac spoofing anyway.

I am trying to instill pride and confidence in this team, obviously the point of my post went over your little head sweetheart, but most people seemed to get it. Try to keep up.
it doesnt take much to keep up with this post. just a bunch of people complaining to complain. going around being negative all of the time is not how i spend my weekends. and yes, you are being hypocritical.

it doesnt take much to keep up with this post. just a bunch of people complaining to complain. going around being negative all of the time is not how i spend my weekends. and yes, you are being hypocritical.
Clearly most people disagreed with your take on my post, but I find it hilarious that in your words you are complaining about me complaining about complaining. I hope you can see the irony and hypocrisy.

You do realize their last one was in 1995? They are as relevant in bb as we are in FB.

Prior to 1995 there 10th was 1975. Agree. 10 of 11 championships won 1964 to 1975. 11 years 10 championships. No shot clock. No 3pt shot. No double bonus.

:oops:
Way to go Trey!

Its called big money, shoe sponsers and media induced negativity! The big influencers do not want Tennessee in the market. Its then harder for Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, NC, Big East teams to be successful! Its also harder to reap money off young men like Zion if they are not the player of the year. Why else would ESPN publish a front page article comparing Zion to Lebron the day after Grant scores 43! Protecting their narratives and protecting their influence and pocketbooks! UT Coach Barnes, Grant, Admiral, Kyle, Josh, Jordans and the whole team control their fate! Keep doing what got you here! Teamwork, Defense and unselfishness! Trust your teamates!

Go Big Orange! You are #1 and you’ve earned it on the court! And you can keep it if you want to! Do you really want to?

UT against the world! UT will win with this team!!

That isn't an example of espn or big money bias. Zion had just turned in a dominate performance against the #4 team in the nation. He is the best NBA prospect right now, as well.

:oops:
Way to go Trey!

Its called big money, shoe sponsers and media induced negativity! The big influencers do not want Tennessee in the market. Its then harder for Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, NC, Big East teams to be successful! Its also harder to reap money off young men like Zion if they are not the player of the year. Why else would ESPN publish a front page article comparing Zion to Lebron the day after Grant scores 43! Protecting their narratives and protecting their influence and pocketbooks! UT Coach Barnes, Grant, Admiral, Kyle, Josh, Jordans and the whole team control their fate! Keep doing what got you here! Teamwork, Defense and unselfishness! Trust your teamates!

Go Big Orange! You are #1 and you’ve earned it on the court! And you can keep it if you want to! Do you really want to?

UT against the world! UT will win with this team!!

That isn't an example of espn or big money bias. Zion had just turned in a dominate performance against the #4 team in the nation. He is the best NBA prospect right now, as well.

Look I get it, we are used to a kick in the nuts as soon as anything good happens. I am 27 and UT has sucked most of my life at the two sports I cared about except for Bruce, and a little bit under Cuanzo (although I did not like Cuonzo, ran into him at Gus's when I was at UT with a friend, my buddy waited till he was not talking with whoever he was with and went up to say good job on the season and was told "not now"by who Cuonzo was with. Cuonzo did not even look up.)

My point is I get it, but I am so damn sick and tired of seeing Vol fans on reddit and other places saying we know "we aren't the best team" or "can we give this ranking back, I liked being #3 better". If you feel that way, please just shut the hell up and go hide in your closet. I am proud as hell we are #1 and I believe we are the best team in the country! Better than Duke? Hell yeah we are. We are a team, Duke is a collection of all star athletes, but they cannot match the chemistry this team has, and I believe we do have the athletes to guard them. We won the type of game that Duke lost, twice.... both Alabama and Vanderbilt were similar to the Syracuse game for Duke, but the difference is our guys found a way, and that is what champions do. Could we lose multiple games the rest of the way? Yes, but I will not believe it until I see it, because our guys have poured more blood, sweat, and tears into obtaining this #1 ranking than those spoiled egotistical babies at Duke can ever dream of.

I love the hate we get from other fan bases, I wish I could grind up every salty comment and inject it straight into my veins, but not the ones from fellow Vol fans. I have watched every single basketball game for the last 12 years, and I went to the games before it became cool this season. So if you are a fair weather fan getting on the train now just to spread fear and doubt, do us a favor and go away while we win a Natty this year, because we are cutting down those nets on April 8th and I refuse to believe otherwise until some other team is. I know anything could happen, but that is not how winners and champions think, they don't give up anything until its taken from them. I just want our fan base to have that same mentality. Say it with me, WE THE TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL, WE ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL, AND WE ARE NOT SORRY. I don't care that we are't a "blue blood" basketball school I want to be something far better, I want us to be blue blood vampires, that thrive on sucking the life out of those programs and teams, that feed on their arrogance. This season isn't a fluke, we are here to stay so get used to this, we about to eat. If you are going to reply and say I need to slow down we aren't there yet, shut the hell up you are the problem. I am with this team win or lose, I always have been.

BLUE BLOOD VAMPIRES
I am with you except that I have been a bb fan since Coach Mears in the 70’s. I loved Stokely and suffered and rejoiced with TN bb. We are the best at this moment and need to embrace it. Football fans should understand this too. Enjoy the view on top of the mountain .

You do realize their last one was in 1995? They are as relevant in bb as we are in FB.
yes back in the day teams didn't travel much during the tournament.....tournament teams played in their region and rarely traveled far until the later rounds....those 11
championships are impressive but if those teams played in today's enviroment there would not be the same success

VN Store

Back