What is Tom Brady's place among the 5 greatest QBs in NFL history?

Lest ye forget. Guys today have much better ability to throw off platform and in that way they are more blessed with arm talent, but I think this is still the best pocket arm I've ever seen:

Reactions: knoxvol52
What are you talking about? You are right that I am only old enough to have seen the 2nd half of his career, but I know what kind of roster he was blessed with, I can look the stats up, and I can pull up youtube and see that he has a better arm + release than anybody I've ever seen. He put up 48 TD's in 1984 and that record stood for over 20 years. He and Fouts passed for 40+ more YPG than everybody else in the 80's and he had 50 more TD's (fewer INT's) than Fouts in just 2 more games. He also didn't take sacks. His sack number may be the most incredible mark of his career. It's that quick-release cannon that saved him.

So please tell me why you think he wasn't ahead of the game as a passer?

View attachment 577197
Both Montana and Elway were better QBs, but heck, all three of them are arguably top 5. To say Marino was in a class by himself is only applicable to stats. He was great, but I believe both Elway and Montana were even greater. I literally have watched those guys play over a hundred times, a dozen or so live

Both Montana and Elway were better QBs, but heck, all three of them are arguably top 5. To say Marino was in a class by himself is only applicable to stats. He was great, but I believe both Elway and Montana were even greater. I literally have watched those guys play over a hundred times, a dozen or so live

I said as a passer. Montana had some great SB runs with a stacked team. Elway had more overall talent and won SB's in his twilight on a stacked team. There is way more to quarterbacking than just passing, and neither was the passer Marino was. Not even close.

I said as a passer. Montana had some great SB runs with a stacked team. Elway had more overall talent and won SB's in his twilight on a stacked team. There is way more to quarterbacking than just passing, and neither was the passer Marino was. Not even close.
As a pure passer, ok. I agree. Rodgers is the same in another generation with a Super Bowl and 4 MVPs. Hate to tell you this, but it's an exception than you and your ilk won't acknowledge Rodgers has been the best QB in a number of single seasons. It ain't close either

As a pure passer, ok. I agree. Rodgers is the same in another generation with a Super Bowl and 4 MVPs. Hate to tell you this, but it's an exception than you and your ilk won't acknowledge Rodgers has been the best QB in a number of single seasons. It ain't close either

He’s the most efficient passer until/unless Mahomes passes him.

Lest ye forget. Guys today have much better ability to throw off platform and in that way they are more blessed with arm talent, but I think this is still the best pocket arm I've ever seen:

Now put up the video of Rodgers, rolling to his left, down the sideline against Dallas a few years ago. Marino never had that in him. That pass got GB into FG range to win the game. And yes, it was 4th down

Now put up the video of Rodgers, rolling to his left, down the sideline against Dallas a few years ago. Marino never had that in him. That pass got GB into FG range to win the game. And yes, it was 4th down

Hey, I think Rodgers is one of the greatest talents of all time. But there are two other guys in the league right now (Mahomes and Josh Allen) who are just as impressive, if not moreso, throwing on the move (both of them actually win road games, too). There was nobody like Marino in his day.

I'm taking prime Peyton, prime Mahomes, and prime Brady over him. He's great. He's a better talent than Peyton and Tom. But he's not in their league.

He's had the best season a number of years if you look at the stats, but that's not what I'm talking about. Who would you pick to win 1 game? The answer was Rodgers probably in 2012, like Nash pointed out. I don't think he's the answer any other year.

Hey, I think Rodgers is one of the greatest talents of all time. But there are two other guys in the league right now (Mahomes and Josh Allen) who are just as impressive, if not moreso, throwing on the move (both of them actually win road games, too). There was nobody like Marino in his day.
Mahommes can be debated quite easily, but not Josh Allen. As good as he is, he hasn't quite reached Aaron Rodgers status. Damn dude, you seem too smart to make such stupid posts. Allen hasn't won a MVP or a Superbowl. You are just a little delusional as to credibility of your opinions. I respect your knowledge as a younger guy. Saying Josh Allen has reached Aaron Rodgers' level is silly

Mahommes can be debated quite easily, but not Josh Allen. As good as he is, he hasn't quite reached Aaron Rodgers status. Damn dude, you seem too smart to make such stupid posts. Allen hasn't won a MVP or a Superbowl. You are just a little delusional as to credibility of your opinions. I respect your knowledge as a younger guy. Saying Josh Allen has reached Aaron Rodgers' level is silly

Bro, you need to pump the brakes. This is the 2nd time you have misunderstood what's happening, and you're calling my post stupid. I did not say that Josh Allen has reached Aaron Rodgers level. I said his arm talent off platform/on the move is about on par. I think he has a stronger arm, to be honest. Rodgers is probably more accurate and does better with sidearm ****, but he's definitely not the threat to tuck and run like Allen is.

Next time, process what you read. Go take a break. Read it again. And then think long and hard before you call a post you don't understand "stupid".

Bro, you need to pump the brakes. This is the 2nd time you have misunderstood what's happening, and you're calling my post stupid. I did not say that Josh Allen has reached Aaron Rodgers level. I said his arm talent off platform/on the move is about on par. I think he has a stronger arm, to be honest. Rodgers is probably more accurate and does better with sidearm ****, but he's definitely not the threat to tuck and run like Allen is.

Next time, process what you read. Go take a break. Read it again. And then think long and hard before you call a post you don't understand "stupid".
I'm on a perpetual break😉 BTW, Manning had great f'ing years in Denver, 2012-2014.

VN Store

Back