What is the status of the flopping or faking

It is Delay of Game and Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Just need a Flop Umpire to judge whether it's a fake.

Until then, need a rule to the effect that if you go out for an injury, you're out until change of possession.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Flippin’ and a-floppin', pretendin' and a-lyin'
We've seen it all befo'
Flippin’ and a-floppin', pretendin' and a-lyin'
We've seen it all befo'
W've seen and been told, baby, you been bold
We won't be your fool no more
Oh, big conniver, nothing but a jiver
We done got hip to your jive

I hope.

Typical NCAA...."Gutless Wonders";)

10825348.jpg

NCAA declines to add in-game penalties for fake injuries

10825348.jpg

Tennessee needs to make a farce of this ruling by pulling the flop on every defensive play which would likely force a rules change. Would probably result in a badly called game against us but we already get that.

10825348.jpg

Tennessee needs to make a farce of this ruling by pulling the flop on every defensive play which would likely force a rules change. Would probably result in a badly called game against us but we already get that.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

ESPN, Heisman winners, recruiting services, and now Zebras, hate UT?
will it ever end??;)

Reactions: Tnphil
I am afraid we might lose out on this argument. The NCAA and rules commit are more concerned about how many plays the players are playing. They want to reduce the amount of plays and the offenses like ours are creating more plays-the fake injuries can be curbed, but it does not sound like their focus sees this as a big enough issue.....I hope I am wrong....but they are concerned more and more players are getting injured because of the increased number of plays the players are playing. More injuries=more lawsuits=more money paying out=Money talks mustard bottles walks.....I suspect we lose on this one.

If "we lose on this one"? The integrity of the game is extinct.

I am as concerned for player safety and well being as anyone. But if you don't want anyone to get injured? Shut down playgrounds, highways and interstates, campfires, and any recreational activity that has a slight chance of injury. Don't build new buildings. We don't want anyone getting hurt that way either. Make boating illegal, someone will drown. Everyone with a swimming pool? Fill that damn thing in!

Sports is about risk. Injuries happen, and sometimes? A player may die. Just like someone dying from being struck by lightning. Are we going to hunker down indoors to avoid that? Nonsense.

But the integrity of the game? That is truly important. When the integrity of the game goes, forget the prestige. That is an illusion, and what we percieve the game to be. We aren't dummies. Once we see through the illusion? The game is no longer interesting. It becomes professional wrestling. Some may watch. Those who are easily deluded or who believe winning is the only thing. Integrity is about knowing what you won was earned, not handed to you because it goes with the script.

This is not something that would be "nice if they do it". It is of paramount importance. If it is not done? Sooner or later, we will find better things to do.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I've said for years you cannot judge a real injury from a fake injury and nobody wants the liability to try and judge it....But it would be easy to put in a rule you must sit for the entire series...By not doing so their BS SAYING THAT THE HEALTH and WELL BEING of the athletes is first and foremost goes out the window and is just peeing on your leg and telling you it's raining...There is nothing more fake than the player laid out on the field in life ending pain and having the trainers....doctors...surgeons...and the team chaplain to give you last rites all gathered around you for 10 minutes before they drag/carry you off the field to both teams prayers and standing ovations and then.......Your ass stays out for 1 play and goes back in. Total bull crap.

I've said for years you cannot judge a real injury from a fake injury and nobody wants the liability to try and judge it....But it would be easy to put in a rule you must sit for the entire series...By not doing so their BS SAYING THAT THE HEALTH and WELL BEING of the athletes is first and foremost goes out the window and is just peeing on your leg and telling you it's raining...There is nothing more fake than the player laid out on the field in life ending pain and having the trainers....doctors...surgeons...and the team chaplain to give you last rites all gathered around you for 10 minutes before they drag/carry you off the field to both teams prayers and standing ovations and then.......Your ass stays out for 1 play and goes back in. Total bull crap.

Seems like someone in the medical field would be able to make a ruling on the field if a player is faking. On the other hand there would be practice time spent working on how to fake an injury.

I like the idea that only the injured player can substitute for the team that requires an injury timeout. The players on the field can’t meet with their coaches. As for the other team, they can substitute and meet with their coaches.

If upon further review the player and the HC that is caught flopping should be suspended for a full game.

Any penalty will only develop better floppers.

The player who goes down is out of the game until there's a change of possession before they can reenter.
Would you limit this to defensive players? I rarely see any of these solutions limited to defense who would be the team interested in stopping play for momentum or substitution purposes.

Player safety.
Any player injured enough to stop play should be out for the rest of the game.
A complete medical exam should be required before returning to practice.
No substitution allowed except for the injured player.
Put all downed players on a stretcher asap, rush to the medical tent.
If a player can't be removed from the field before the play clock plus 1 minute elapses a time out is charged and a delay of game penalty assessed.
All in the name of player safety.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
It goes both ways. If a team starts to do it to us, we do it as well. Wait for them to line up and then we return the favor. Slow the game down and disrupt them as they do to us. NCAA will soon rethink their blunder.

Reactions: Vol524
It goes both ways. If a team starts to do it to us, we do it as well. Wait for them to line up and then we return the favor. Slow the game down and disrupt them as they do to us. NCAA will soon rethink their blunder.
It’s not a blunder yet. They haven’t added “in-game penalties”, maybe they still plan to review after the fact or even limit substitution during injury timeouts. When the NCAA made flopping an integrity issue, there’s no limit to what they might do. Of course doing nothing is stil an option.

We did it to Ole Miss as much as they did it to us last year, the week after the game somebody on here broke it down and cited the play and time in the game for folks to see for themselves. People didn't want to hear it and raged at the poster but nobody else showed their work. I eventually watched it myself after cooling down some and the reason nobody who hated on the poster showed their work was because he was right. Heupel needs to adjust to the fact that hyper speed isn't going to be allowed and/or is easily thwarted by this. He's a smart guy, he can do it. It'll probably help our defense and defensive recruiting in the long run.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back