What is the status of the flopping or faking

Nocleats

I know I read about 3 weeks ago that the NCAA committee was going to address the flopping or faking injuries to slow down fast tempo offenses. What was decided and what’s the process from here?

If it’s like everything else with the NCAA the addressing it will be a “flop”.
I am afraid we might lose out on this argument. The NCAA and rules commit are more concerned about how many plays the players are playing. They want to reduce the amount of plays and the offenses like ours are creating more plays-the fake injuries can be curbed, but it does not sound like their focus sees this as a big enough issue.....I hope I am wrong....but they are concerned more and more players are getting injured because of the increased number of plays the players are playing. More injuries=more lawsuits=more money paying out=Money talks mustard bottles walks.....I suspect we lose on this one.

I am afraid we might lose out on this argument. The NCAA and rules commit are more concerned about how many plays the players are playing. They want to reduce the amount of plays and the offenses like ours are creating more plays-the fake injuries can be curbed, but it does not sound like their focus sees this as a big enough issue.....I hope I am wrong....but they are concerned more and more players are getting injured because of the increased number of plays the players are playing. More injuries=more lawsuits=more money paying out=Money talks mustard bottles walks.....I suspect we lose on this one.
Where are you getting your information, I haven't seen anything about them being concerned about the number of plays.

NCAA rules committee exploring changes to limit faked injuries in college football

I imagine it will be a tepid change or it will be addressed very slowly. I don’t imagine we see a drastic or effective change, jmo. Good that they’re actually acknowledging it though.

I know I read about 3 weeks ago that the NCAA committee was going to address the flopping or faking injuries to slow down fast tempo offenses. What was decided and what’s the process from here?

It hasn't yet affected Alabubba or uga, so any action is on hold until such time.

(Only half joking)

shoe.gif

Someone has to be able to decide when an injury is really an injury.I don't see how it can be done unless you limit a team to 2 injury timeouts per half and penalize any others.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Someone has to be able to decide when an injury is really an injury.I don't see how it can be done unless you limit a team to 2 injury timeouts per half and penalize any others.
No you don't. Just make a rule that any player exiting due to injury remains on the sidelines for x# of plays, or the remainder of the half, or .......

if your claim is true, it means the NCAA is becoming more Sabanized.

No you don't. Just make a rule that any player exiting due to injury remains on the sidelines for x# of plays, or the remainder of the half, or .......

But to avoid a 3rd or 4th string player sent in to take the fall (literal), charge a timeout as well. Every freaking time it happens. It's football, not flop ball.

Feel like we’ve had this conversation before.

Anyone know where we are on teleportation tech? I feel like this could be easily addressed if we just star trekked players on and off the field.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
I'll just repeat that eventually someone will do it to Saban, the lil fella will make a call, and there will be a rule change. Until then, don't hold your breath.

In soccer when they lose an injured man, they sometimes just have to play with one less man for a while. Can you imagine if SEC football did this? Even for one play? That would put a stop to this flopping B.S.

Yea
Where are you getting your information, I haven't seen anything about them being concerned about the number of plays.

NCAA rules committee exploring changes to limit faked injuries in college football
Yeah, I saw this as well, earlier this week. They are concerned about the speed offense causing more injuries, so they are trying to come up with ways of slowing offenses down. Wrong approach if you ask me. I guess there are teams who aren't deep enough to rotate players.

Should be you are carted off the field to the dressing from to be examined by the other team physician! How would that blow over!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back