What is the Democratic Party philosophy

Getting .gov money in the form of contracts is a very ambiguous statement. Does SpaceX receive government "funding" via contracts and whatnot? Absolutely. The main difference being is they do it cheaper than ULA and Northrop at this point. You have to remember, Orbital ATK (now Northrop) and the ULA team were the only ones in the business before SpaceX came along. Musk did it cheaper and with reusable systems. Now the old hands are struggling to catch up.

Regardless, want to compare the amount of funds and tax breaks received by Boeing compared to SpaceX?
I guarantee you his head is buried just as deeply in the government trough as is Boeing, relatively speaking. And while I am a former Boeing guy (I fly Airbus now), and loved the 767/757, Boeing is a yuge corporate welfare recipient.

Reactions: McDad
Reince Priebus (or however the hell you spell his name) was the RNC chairman that gave you 16 of the same old kind of politician we have all seen for years and years and years. The 'party leadership' at that time told us that they determine who we will elect, not us. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you President of the United Stated, Donald J Trump.
The country and the world would have been so much better off with any of the other 16.

The country and the world would have been so much better off with any of the other 16.
Well that is your opinion. Of course in your pathetic little leftist world, you think the country is worse off. By just about any metric you choose you are wrong. But I get it, it is all about your feelz. And I don't GAS about the rest of the world, but I do know that any of those 16 would have kept America going down the same old path. Thank God we didn't get your girl, because she would have sold us to the largest bidder. Tell your party to keep on keepin on stud. You will get your asses handed to you in 2020.

Ocasio Cortez. ROTFLMAO

I guarantee you his head is buried just as deeply in the government trough as is Boeing, relatively speaking. And while I am a former Boeing guy (I fly Airbus now), and loved the 767/757, Boeing is a yuge corporate welfare recipient.

Oh, I wouldn't go that far.

Here's the thing. If Boeing suddenly stopped getting .gov contracts, they'd still be in the aerospace business. Though I'd assume at a severely curtailed rate.

Same for SpaceX.

Not the same for Blue Origin though since they aren't going after .gov contracts (yet).

The difference being is SpaceX is actively working to lower the cost of launches by their reusability of the Falcon 9 and Heavy system. Even underbidding Boeing by 10% could amount to serious profits from the commercial sector. Private companies aren't as wasteful as government and if they save $22 million on a launch, the board and stockholders love that kind of thing. And in turn, they use SpaceX again in the future.

If we don’t become a space faring species we’ll eventually be extinct.
That sounds like a "future us" problem. We got, what, 3 Billion years before our sun goes beserk?

VN Store

Back