What is happening with the investigation?

Lord Saban is too busy worrying about ugly canines that appear to chase parked cars to make a decree.
IMHO, it will boil down to how much he really wants Conehead Bagman to return.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn what they find....

1676937286069.png

Last edited:
It would have been over in October if we had laid down for Saban. We have to be punished. LSU better watch themselves for the next year...

Reactions: Smokey19rt
UT laid 99.9% of the blame at Pruitt's feet in an effort to avoid the whole lack of institutional control thing.

So my best guess is the lawyers and 'AA officials are negotiating the penalties, which is why we haven't heard another word since that tidbit was released at the beginning of the season.

I bet UT is willing to pay fines and maybe enact some very light recruiting restrictions and that be that, while the 'AA wants there to be a little more severe punishment based on how many Level 1's there were, such as scholarship reductions.

JMO

Records show the University of Tennessee has spent $1.5 million in legal fees on an NCAA investigation into the football program that’s spanned more than two years, and there’s still no resolution.

The coaches and players involved are out of the program, including fired coach Jeremy Pruitt. UT has played two successful football seasons under coach Josh Heupel since the case began. And fans have almost forgotten that the case is unresolved. The Vols have mostly moved on.

But the case still lingers, and it's not clear when it will end. Documents provided to Knox News show how much UT has spent on the NCAA probe. But that’s just on
e facet of the exhaustive case. Here are some of the new details on the case, why it has stalled and what could happen next.
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/spor...ncaa-investigation-jeremy-pruitt/69880054007/

After much lengthy interviews and months of detective work it was determined that McDonalds can only be blamed for their declining food products and cannot be held accountable for the extra green lettuce provided after the sell was completed. Ronald McDonald and Grimmace could not be contacted for comment at this time.

Records show the University of Tennessee has spent $1.5 million in legal fees on an NCAA investigation into the football program that’s spanned more than two years, and there’s still no resolution.

The coaches and players involved are out of the program, including fired coach Jeremy Pruitt. UT has played two successful football seasons under coach Josh Heupel since the case began. And fans have almost forgotten that the case is unresolved. The Vols have mostly moved on.

But the case still lingers, and it's not clear when it will end. Documents provided to Knox News show how much UT has spent on the NCAA probe. But that’s just one facet of the exhaustive case. Here are some of the new details on the case, why it has stalled and what could happen next.
https://www.knoxnews.com/story/spor...ncaa-investigation-jeremy-pruitt/69880054007/
So ridiculous

We should hold a presser, state that the recruits were simply scared for their safety, that any NCAA action is unnecessary, and that we will handle it internally.

What?? Well, that BS worked for Saban and Bama in October, so I figure give it a shot......

NCAA will wait until Tennessee wins something of significance, then pull the rug out.
It's the Tennessee way..

I've had your thoughts, and firmly believed that. But seeing the reactions in CFB-dom, how our 11-2 season, plus the thrilling wins we enjoyed, NCAA will curb their enthusiasm. They may deny it from Hades to Mount Olympus, but NCAA and CFB wants Tennessee back. Our fans are one of a kind, we draw major media viewership, and big time attendances to bowl games we play. Even when folks claim to hate it, the foot taping and catchy tune of Rockytop, well, it rocks. The proper spelling of our state is M-O-N-E-Y, and NCAA knows it. I don't believe the NCAA, as lacking as they are in any degree of sense, is stupid enough to chain a 425LB H-beam iron girder around our necks and push us into the Atlantic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
The University would be inept if they do not make a case against NCAA compliance and cooperation if the NCAA sticks it to UT after the school and athletic department effectively fixed the situation from the institutional level. In the future schools need to take the path that defiant schools use to address any inquiry from the NCAA. They have no legal power.

After much lengthy interviews and months of detective work it was determined that McDonalds can only be blamed for their declining food products and cannot be held accountable for the extra green lettuce provided after the sell was completed. Ronald McDonald and Grimmace could not be contacted for comment at this time.

Attachments

• 7E9D2144-D2F3-4D87-92FB-B9940AC5FD60.png
    7E9D2144-D2F3-4D87-92FB-B9940AC5FD60.png
    269.9 KB · Views: 89
NCAA will wait until Tennessee wins something of significance, then pull the rug out.
It's the Tennessee way..
Ncaa would have what’s left of their balls chopped off by the SEC. Two conferences right now have most of the money and thus most of the power. Ncaa isn’t doing anything to speed along their demise. Tennessee is one of the hottest teams in the conference right now.

We were led to believe that something would be coming out in late January.

JMO, do not have feedback other than speculation by some informed folks.

Appears the NCAA is wanting to add to Tennessee's self imposed penalties. No speculation on what they want to add. Tennessee is fighting it so things continue to drag on. Might be summer before anything happens but to be honest, its been 6-8 months of projections for it closing and it still hasn't.

Those thinking the NCAA doesn't have any bite left are pissing in the wind. If that were true, this investigation would have shutdown last September.

JMO, do not have feedback other than speculation by some informed folks.

Appears the NCAA is wanting to add to Tennessee's self imposed penalties. No speculation on what they want to add. Tennessee is fighting it so things continue to drag on. Might be summer before anything happens but to be honest, its been 6-8 months of projections for it closing and it still hasn't.

Those thinking the NCAA doesn't have any bite left are pissing in the wind. If that were true, this investigation would have shutdown last September.
Precisely what I was wondering. UT needs to show that cooperation with the NCAA would be detrimental to your program. Defiance is the best option.

It's interesting that the NCAA is looking for more blood after holding Tennessee up as a model for how schools should handle investigations. It appears to me that the NCAA is trying to walk a tightrope between encouraging future cooperation and putting the CFB world on notice that they can still bite.

VN Store

Back