What is Coach Steele up to during all of this?

pharmDvol11

Moving to Knoxville? Staying in a Motel 6? Can’t really commit to the program and also can’t just start applying to other places. Kinda feel for the guy right now.

Reactions: Cobb-Webb 1989
Moving to Knoxville? Staying in a Motel 6? Can’t really commit to the program and also can’t just start applying to other places. Kinda feel for the guy right now.
He has 2 years of 2 million dollar buyout money. Auburn is literally paying him to be our babysitter. I don’t really feel too bad for him since he will probably be a shoe in for the DC here.

He knew the situation when he signed on. He had a puncher's chance at landing the job until UT hit a home run with White. I think his hiring opens up a lot more doors/eyes and I don't think things will go so poorly as to leave Steele as the last man standing. Hey, he's got money rolling in regardless. He's not someone to feel sorry for. I should be so unfortunate.

I guess I’m wondering how do you babysit a program that’s undergoing a transition like UT? Especially if you’re not sure if your being retained in any capacity. Sure I’d take the money and run with it but the guy probably still wants to coach...

Reactions: Cobb-Webb 1989
I guess I’m wondering how do you babysit a program that’s undergoing a transition like UT? Especially if you’re not sure if your being retained in any capacity. Sure I’d take the money and run with it but the guy probably still wants to coach...

Pretty much following DW's lead on how to handle the short situation with the team.

I would think he will be retained in a defensive position.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
he is playing the Iraq military public speaker guy calling all recruits telling everyone all is ok.

While he is getting paid well he is doing us great service. Even if he isn't retained by the new ball coach I sure think higher of him now. A true VFL in my book. It would be hard to not keep him after this.

he is playing the Iraq military public speaker guy calling all recruits telling everyone all is ok.

While he is getting paid well he is doing us great service. Even if he isn't retained by the new ball coach I sure think higher of him now. A true VFL in my book. It would be hard to not keep him after this.

Even if not, he’s got the bread to go shopping for a phat house on Norris. If I’m still working with that much green after 60, and it ain’t at a golf course for giggles, then I’ve screwed up royally.

Don't waste your pity on millionaires!

Don't waste your pity on millionaires!

Pity? More like curiosity since he could’ve went absolutely any where at sat on his hide and done nothing. The fact that he came to UT to do that says something about him. His circumstances have obviously changed and I find that interesting. And about the money? Buddy, friend... coaches are going to make boatloads of money whether I care or not. I have a decade of football to show anybody to prove that.

Trying to get his resume updated for the next job opening.

th

Pity? More like curiosity since he could’ve went absolutely any where at sat on his hide and done nothing. The fact that he came to UT to do that says something about him. His circumstances have obviously changed and I find that interesting. And about the money? Buddy, friend... coaches are going to make boatloads of money whether I care or not. I have a decade of football to show anybody to prove that.
Do what Jim Grobe did. Win a bowl game, cash a big check and then enjoy retirement.

Boise State vs. Baylor - Game Recap - December 27, 2016 - ESPN

From what I heard, Fulmer was making all these moves and maneuvering for the next staff and was basically told to cease and desist. Steele was part of that plan. If so, he isn’t doing anything. Yes, that’s a rumor, but from someone I trust and is connected.

VN Store

Back