What is a "Leave of Absence?"

He's going to need a lot of IV fluids and a very long recovery time after seeing Tebow play his last game in the Sugar Bowl.

This is a very legit question. If Urbie is still the head coach he can recruit, but they will only have 8 coaches on staff. If his leave of absence means that he isn't the head coach, then he can't recruit.

He can do whatever he wants. He is still under contract as the UF head coach, so yes he can make the decisions and help recruiting. He just won't go on the road recruiting and likely won't be as involved in spring practice.

In this case it's deciding whether to be Big Spoon or Little Spoon with Timmy.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
He can do whatever he wants. He is still under contract as the UF head coach, so yes he can make the decisions and help recruiting. He just won't go on the road recruiting and likely won't be as involved in spring practice.

This.

I thought it was like the Husband who runs away after his wife gets pregnant, and still wants the perks like sex after the weight loss, tax benefits, etc, Except without the financial and child rearing responsibilities!

A leave of absense is what you do until Jack Del Rio gets fired, you take his job and then squander the Jags first draft pick on a slow TE.

Does this mean that Addazio's losses will be on Meyers report card? I can't believe that the UF administration will let CUM's stellar record be sullied by this guy.

What a slap in the face that would be, Meyer taking the Jags job after pulling this, ha ha. Reunite with his boy toy after they take him in the 3rd round.

Last edited:
Does this mean that Addazio's losses will be on Meyers report card? I can't believe that the UF administration will let CUM's stellar record be sullied by this guy.
Wouldn't count against Meyer's record, they'd be on Addazio.

"Leave of absence" is Urban's way of playing mind games with CLK. He'll be back on the sidelines come the spring game.

Wouldn't count against Meyer's record, they'd be on Addazio.

Even if CUM is employed by UF with the title Head Coach? If he's not part of the coaching staff, he can't recruit.

"Leave of absence" is Urban's way of playing mind games with CLK. He'll be back on the sidelines come the spring game.

If that's what he's trying to do, it's a foolish move IMO.

Meyer: I got to get that darn Lane Kiffin

Foley: Ahhhh let it go Urban, for god's sake

Meyer: NOOOO, He made me angry, and since that NYT leak didn't go as planned, I've got another brilliant little scheme.

Foley: Urbie, you've got that crazy look in your eyes again

Meyer: I know, I'll say I'm quitting, and get everyone all fired up, and get Lane Kiffin to twitter his concerns for my health, and then..get this, I'm going to SORT OF change my mind.... that'll show him not to mess with Urbie.

Foley: You're losing it, won't that piss off the recruits?

Meyer: Probably, but at least that darn Lane Kiffin will be good and confused

Foley: I'm confused.

Tebow::cray::cray::cray: I'm confused too :cray::cray::cray:

Yeah that makes sense tidefan1.

LOL. That post was made in jest. :p I could care less if he coaches or not. I just don't understand why most VOL fans want him gone so badly if your coach is so great. To be the best you have to beat the best, right? If you eliminated every threat to a supposed championship, how much would that championship really be worth? As much as a MAC title or a Big Ten title? Who cares who wins those?

LOL. That post was made in jest. :p I could care less if he coaches or not. I just don't understand why most VOL fans want him gone so badly if your coach is so great. To be the best you have to beat the best, right? If you eliminated every threat to a supposed championship, how much would that championship really be worth? As much as a MAC title or a Big Ten title? Who cares who wins those?

If he stays or goes, now it doesn't matter, the damge was done by his waffling!

Guys give Urban a break, his life partner is leaving him after the Sugar Bowl. He is feeling a ton of emotions at the moment and he is very confused about where his life is going.

He will do whatever the hell he wants because he is affiliated with the University of Florida and if they start to do something Tebow will probably bend over for the NCAA and take it just like he does from Meyer

Probably the same kind of people who care about Helms Foundation and Football Thesaurus "championships".

VN Store

Back