What if we just started by firing Fulmer..... tonight?

Look, I get you guys are upset at the season....but Fulmer wasn't put into a particularly great place to hire a coach. (I was for him being fired as a coach...and I now reflect that might have been an untimely decision). None of us are obviously happy right now. However, we soon forget the shitshow that was the last coaching search. We soon forget how we were ok with being acceptable to a new head coach (with promise) learning on the job. Now you're not ok with either. Get your heads out of your asses and give these 2 at least a fighting chance.

I'm as pissed as you are but whether you or I actually like it or not....it takes time. If Pruitt is horrible at least let him fill the roster with talent before we roast him alive.
It’s a Catch 22 situation.....talent will not want to commit to a dumpster 🔥 🔥 🔥.

Reactions: onevol74
Our previous ADs weren't respected???? Where's the proof of that? They were elevated and very well respected! Now you're just talking out your whoo whoo lmao. I kid I kid. Seriously though....who's the AD at LSU? Bama? Auburn? Florida? I can name the coaches, but not the ADs. What does it take to be a great AD (In your minds?) a winning coach in football.

I get we're all placing blame for our losses on whoever that moves....but Fulmer really hasn't done anything other than hire Pruitt.

Dickey yes. Hamilton never. Hart... mehhh. Fulmer is not respected in a lot of circles because of the way his career came to an end here. He certainly was never known for good decision making when it came to handling assistant hires. I really don’t mind the hiring of Pruitt. The extension for Pruitt and Warlick should be career ending.

Reactions: onevol74
Let’s get a top-tier football coach first, then the administration can gracefully put Fulmer out to pasture.

It’s a Catch 22 situation.....talent will not want to commit to a dumpster 🔥 🔥 🔥.
It isn't immediately attracted to a new crew who hasn't recruited them either. We DO have excellent recruiters (if nothing else...I'm not saying that, I'm just saying) and to compete it'd sure be nice if Pruitt didn't work out as a coach, to come in to a stocked cabinet (more than he got for sure). Let's just breathe for a minute and remember the win streak. Let's get some stars in here that can play. Let's save a nickel and some face and then hire a great coach. That's all I'm saying....be strategic.

I don’t see why not having the money to fire Pruitt should allow Fulmer time that he doesn’t deserve. As a matter of fact, not having to make a major coaching hire next week should make Fulmer even less necessary. Fire him tonight, let the Chancellor approve whatever assistant pay that Pruitt requests if she deems it reasonable. Start the search for a real, HONEST TO GOD Athletic Director. If we truly can’t afford to make a decision about JPs future until next year, then the new AD will have 10 months to get their feet under them before they have to start firing/ hiring.

You morons didn’t learn the first time firing Fulmer destroyed Tennessee football. You want to double down and completely have Tennesee implode into a sinkhole....morons gonna moron.

You morons didn’t learn the first time firing Fulmer destroyed Tennessee football. You want to double down and completely have Tennesee implode into a sinkhole....morons gonna moron.
Tennessee football implode? We are Vanderbilt with resources and facilities. Fulmer was the problem 12 years ago and he is the problem now. We have a common denominator here.

Reactions: CSVol and dlravol2

Firing Fulmer didn’t destroy the program, him getting Hamilton the AD job did.

Reactions: CSVol and BSAvol
Honestly if Fulmer sticks by Pruitt he's a moron. Just like if anyone blames Fulmer for hiring Pruitt in the first place. What other options did he really have at the time? But if he does stick with him, that's 100% the wrong move.

Honestly if Fulmer sticks by Pruitt he's a moron. Just like if anyone blames Fulmer for hiring Pruitt in the first place. What other options did he really have at the time? But if he does stick with him, that's 100% the wrong move.
What other options? Uhm just about every mid major coach with actual coaching experience. He had a lot of options. But instead went bargain bin shopping for a guy with 0 experience after we just fired a guy who we said one of the reasons for firing was because he didn’t have what it took (ie winning experience).

Firing Fulmer didn’t destroy the program, him getting Hamilton the AD job did.

You can’t move the goal posts Cochise.

You morons complained enough to get one of our all time greats fired. And you know what happened? We went from blue blood to absolute joke in danger of never returning to college football relevance.

How can you possibly double down on your stupid decision after seeing what happened to Tennessee football when we got what you wanted?

What other options? Uhm just about every mid major coach with actual coaching experience. He had a lot of options. But instead went bargain bin shopping for a guy with 0 experience after we just fired a guy who we said one of the reasons for firing was because he didn’t have what it took (ie winning experience).

Leach but other than that he did try his best to get Gundy. A mid major coach is not a better hire than a big time coordinator really. Sometimes there's exceptions but there were certainly none jumping out at you that year.

Are we still doing this?

Fulmer got himself fired for being completely lazy.

It’s the morons upstairs that couldn’t hire a decent replacement for him.

Leach but other than that he did try his best to get Gundy.
Currie went after Gundy if I remember correctly, not Fulmer. Fulmer came in and within a week it was Pruitt. That to me says he didn’t do much of a search. All I’m saying is he had way more options than a no-HC experience guy who’s only ever ridden the coattails of big name HCs.

Reactions: dlravol2
Are we still doing this?

We were in an sec championship the year before the Redbeck rabble got our all time winningest coach after Neyland the axe.

Again, you got what you wanted. 10 wins and East championships wasn’t good enough for you. We’re paying the price now.

Currie went after Gundy if I remember correctly, not Fulmer. Fulmer came in and within a week it was Pruitt. That to me says he didn’t do much of a search. All I’m saying is he had way more options than a no-HC experience guy who’s only ever ridden the coattails of big name HCs.

Fulmer went after Gundy like right away. Threw everything at him, HUGE money and still got told no. Out of the list of people it was down to, Pruitt had the best resume by far. Sure I guess he could of prolonged an already embarrassingly long coaching search to hire the HC of Southeast Montana Tech or whatever but the fans would of been outraged and the likely hood of it working wouldn't of been any higher than Pruitt imo. Now there's legit HC options, it's just will he actually make the move. That's all it comes down to

Reactions: rockytophigh

Mel Tucker was an option.

Are we still doing this?

No he’s right. If you show up and repeatedly call people morons then it doesn’t matter whether you’re unable to articulate any given point. You just automatically win the argument 🙄🙄

Reactions: CSVol

VN Store

Back