What have we learned so far?

Fine Vol

Go Vols
I have not seen the team play yet but would like a little cliff notes on them. What do we know so far?

That they haven't really played anyone good enough to learn anything of substance.

yea definetely hard to answer that question at this point but i'll try my best...
-Bobby Maze is defenitely an improvement at PG, its hard to tell how good he can be but he has shown some signs of and all sec PG.
-Scotty Hopson is explosive offensively, needs some work defensively and is going to be a bit inconsistent at times.
-J.P. Prince, and Brian Williams have both improved TREMENDOUSLY and look for them to be big contributors.
-Wayne Chism has shot to many 3's but even in doing so has managed to post 2 double doubles.(lets hope it continues againt stiffer competition)
-Cameron Tatum is very good and is going to be a great player and help soften the loss of Lofton and Jajuan.
-Tyler is Tyler. He seems to have improved his outside shot which was probably the only negative to his game.

yea definetely hard to answer that question at this point but i'll try my best...
-Bobby Maze is defenitely an improvement at PG, its hard to tell how good he can be but he has shown some signs of and all sec PG.
-Scotty Hopson is explosive offensively, needs some work defensively and is going to be a bit inconsistent at times.
-J.P. Prince, and Brian Williams have both improved TREMENDOUSLY and look for them to be big contributors.
-Wayne Chism has shot to many 3's but even in doing so has managed to post 2 double doubles.(lets hope it continues againt stiffer competition)
-Cameron Tatum is very good and is going to be a great player and help soften the loss of Lofton and Jajuan.
-Tyler is Tyler. He seems to have improved his outside shot which was probably the only negative to his game.

:eek:k: I'm so excited!

Agreed. Nothing more needs to be said at this point.
we do know we're athletic, that BWill has improved some, Chism still wants to shoot the 3, our D needs serious help, we have to find a backup point, Tatum is a very good offensive player, TSmith has improved his shooting, Hopson can fly but plays limited D at best.

we do know we're athletic, that BWill has improved some, Chism still wants to shoot the 3, our D needs serious help, we have to find a backup point, Tatum is a very good offensive player, TSmith has improved his shooting, Hopson can fly but plays limited D at best.

Let's see how they perform the next couple of weeks. From what I'm reading, and from the 10-pt line, tonight's game could be a sneak peak.

Let's see how they perform the next couple of weeks. From what I'm reading, and from the 10-pt line, tonight's game could be a sneak peak.
I think assessing the PG spot, team D, team O and individual improvement generally has to wait.

I think assessing the PG spot, team D, team O and individual improvement generally has to wait.

Considering Bobby Maze is averaging 8.5 ast/game and had a double double with assists (something that's not happened in the past two years).... I feel very confident saying Maze > Ramar...

In fact right now Maze is averaging more assists per game than Ramar and Jordan combined last year.

Considering Bobby Maze is averaging 8.5 ast/game and had a double double with assists (something that's not happened in the past two years).... I feel very confident saying Maze > Ramar...

In fact right now Maze is averaging more assists per game than Ramar and Jordan combined last year.
His play is specifically a tough spot to assess because of the quality of the competition. He plays that way against actual defenders, I'll give the credit where due.

I noticed that in the Rocky Top League.

As for tonight: nice road win, but much sloppier play with far too many turnovers.

They seemed to get better control of their turnovers in the 2nd half, thankfully...I don't know what was going on in the 1st half...

VN Store

Back