What happens when Carroll leaves?

Dr Dread

I know I'm jumping the gun, but I have to ask. Will CLK leave when Carroll leaves USC?

I know I'm jumping the gun, but I have to ask. Will CLK leave when Carroll leaves USC?

I would give you the answer,but my crystal ball is broken.:p

Seriously, I guess it would depend on how successful he has been with the Vols.If he's been a flop with us,I doubt they would touch him,but if he's been as good as we hope he will be......who knows?

If Kiffin has the sort of success in Knoxville that would lead USC to even consider hiring him to replace Carroll, then at that point Vol fans should just say thank you and wish him well in Los Angeles. USC isn't going to hire him if he's going 9-3 at Tennessee.

wasn't like Carrol lead them to a superbowl.......now the nfl is going to sue for infringement rights,,,

This is the one thing about CLK that worries me to no end. If he does create an unprecedented level of success here at UT, then what will he do? His resume is too short to determine if he's a truly vested coach in getting a program to the top AND then fighting year in and year out to keep it there. Only time will tell on this, but I hope that if he does have great success here he doesn't jump ship.

There is nothing that can be done about it. You know that Orgeron is going to be looked at also if they turn things around quick. We just have to take advantage of their tallents while they are here and hope they leave us in good shape when they decide to go.

Guy hasn't even coached his first spring game and we are discussing him leaving...nice...

Can the guy have just a drop of success first before we start shipping him off. I doubt SC would want him as a head coach right now. Kiffin still has a lot to prove first.

With nothing concrete to base it on, I don't think he plans on going anywhere. He's tasted the pro-game and indicates that he really wants to be a college coach. He's obviously enamored with the facilities and resources on the hill.....I think more so than the previous regime was. I think he knows he has the opportunity to set up shop and build something special like they have done at SC. He has also indicated a desire to coach in the SEC. We have nothing but his words to go on at this point, but everything I have heard indicates to me that he's here for the long haul if we'll have him.

This is the one thing about CLK that worries me to no end. If he does create an unprecedented level of success here at UT, then what will he do? His resume is too short to determine if he's a truly vested coach in getting a program to the top AND then fighting year in and year out to keep it there. Only time will tell on this, but I hope that if he does have great success here he doesn't jump ship.

Honestly, why wouldnt he? The only coach that wouldnt leave UT to go to another school EVER would be CPF, no matter what success he had. Any coach that we would have outside of CPF would have a probability to leave UT to "bigger" things after great success. But I dont see Carroll leaving that juggernaut anytime soon.

Caroll will be there for a long time. I believe he has been offered NFL positions before and is still there. Unless someone is going to come in and offer him a big time raise I doubt he leaves until he is ready to retire.
Kiffin said he wants his kids to grow up in Tennessee. He wont want to move his family again for a long time after such a big move.

If CLK restores us to power and remains here for 7 yrs then his resume would assure him a much higher payscale vs bolting after 2 or 3 yrs. As far as the assistants go alot of what I stated about CLK goes for them as well. I think all this scared talk about him going to SC is crazy or him going to a better job quickly. The 1 thing that CLK has to prove to the coaching world is that he can win, build a program and sustain it. Those achievements cannot be obtained in 2 to 3 years.

I think CLK has to bring the Vols to the top of the SEC east at least to be considered for any other HC jobs in the future considering his previous track record as HC!

Just let the man coach a game first...

But honestly, people coming after our coaches is a GOOD thing. And with the staff we have, it will be brought up EVERY year. So get used to it...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Agreed...Screw USC...He is a Vol and it will soon change the color of his blood as it has all of us and he will not want to go anywhere...Let the man work!

I don't really care if he does leave as long as he gets us back to a power house 1st and full of talent again... The highly sought after recruits will still want to come here if we develop a rep like USC and then anyone can coach them.... I hope CLK is successful and stays a long time, but the main thing is to get us back to the status we are used to then you can do whatever you want...

Matt Cassel will be groomed and ready to take over by the time Pete leaves...

If CLK restores us to power and remains here for 7 yrs then his resume would assure him a much higher payscale vs bolting after 2 or 3 yrs. As far as the assistants go alot of what I stated about CLK goes for them as well. I think all this scared talk about him going to SC is crazy or him going to a better job quickly. The 1 thing that CLK has to prove to the coaching world is that he can win, build a program and sustain it. Those achievements cannot be obtained in 2 to 3 years.

100% false. If a coach had to prove himself with sustained success at a school the why are assistant coaches hired to head coaching postions at big time schools? Schools want results, but they are willing to take a risk for a big hire.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Good Gosh!!!...not even a first game let alone a first season and already talk of leaving, retiring, quitting, Blah Blah Blah....Heck, lets just go ahead and tell them all to leave now so not to worry us about when or if....This is more non-sense :crap2:

VN Store

Back