What happens if Harrison Bailey transfers out after this year.

I have no idea what Bailey will do if he continues to get overlooked but here’s my thoughts on the situation. Pruitt likely views 2020 as free year. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me when he keeps running JG out there over and over again. Also I think his reasoning for not playing Bailey too much is to not scare away Salter. I think the minute Pruitt feels any pressure he might lose his job he rolls the dice with Bailey hoping to show a glimmer of hope. Also i think there may be some truth to Chaney not being high on Bailey in his system. He seems set on running this spread rpo style of offense and Salter would likely be a better fit because he’s a better athlete. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me really.

If JG is for sure coming back, then I say it's a possibility.
I fear that prospect.

But Bailey showed me some things I didn't know in the last game. He has instincts. He has good field vision. I believe he has the things that JG lacks. I believe he can win the job. Unfortunately, Pruitt has wasted games this year when they could have been playing and coaching up Bailey or maybe even one of the others. JG is a money pit. Nothing invested in him is going to yield a return. Pruitt needs to wake up and change his strategy or I doubt he makes it out of next season.

I have no idea what Bailey will do if he continues to get overlooked but here’s my thoughts on the situation. Pruitt likely views 2020 as free year. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me when he keeps running JG out there over and over again. Also I think his reasoning for not playing Bailey too much is to not scare away Salter. I think the minute Pruitt feels any pressure he might lose his job he rolls the dice with Bailey hoping to show a glimmer of hope. Also i think there may be some truth to Chaney not being high on Bailey in his system. He seems set on running this spread rpo style of offense and Salter would likely be a better fit because he’s a better athlete. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me really.
Salter’s an alpha...you don’t “scare” them. And if you did? You don’t want em. Waiting to win is not a recipe for success and recruits don’t buy it.

I actually believe that we can beat Florida with Bailey and here is why.

First off, Bailey will allow us to become more balanced in our ability to run as well as pass the ball. Defenses currently load the box on us and dare JG to throw a pass, he is so easy to defend against when he telegraphics every throw, and they know a pic 6 is likely and will jump the route.

This team really is not as bad as the record indicates, it just needs a leader that will lead by example, not BS talk. Bailey is a "Gunslinger" much like Bray was, he has no fear of interceptions because he will come right back at you again, he expects to throw 5 TD a game. In one game, he threw for 6 TD in the first half!!!

He has the ability to "light it up" if Chaney will make the calls and our defense will fight if they know that the offense can put a bunch of points up on the board.

Pruitt, wake up man the train is leaving the station, save yourself and save the program, start Harrison Bailey get the future underway.

I believe UT can beat Florida, but they’d have to make the QB, either JG or Bailey, as irrelevant as possible. Simple throws, strong run game, control the clock with 8-9 minute drives and hope your defense plays their best game of the year. If you have designs on either UT QB going out and winning the game through the air with sophisticated routes and threading the needle passes, I think UT will get in trouble. While it’s true UF’s defense has been very porous at times this year, they still lead the SEC in sacks.

Florida’s worst performances this year have been on the road; defense couldn’t stop anything at Ole Miss, lost on a last second FG at aTm and screwed around and played lethargic at Vandy. If that continues, UT can make Florida pay.

Eric Gray is good, UT’s run blocking is good (at times), so they should play to those strengths. If UT goes out and tries to become Tyler Bray to Patterson/Hunter all the sudden, it’ll get ugly.

On the flip side, UF’s offense, with Kyle Trask throwing to Kyle Pitts back, and an emerging WR group in general, plus Kadarius Toney and three solid RB’s, I’m not sure UT can do any better than UGa or anyone else this year. Hell, I think UF could spend the whole game throwing 50/50 balls to Pitts mixed in with 7 or 8 touches for Toney, and win a shootout against everyone they play.

But they can always have an off game, which means UT can win it.

The Fans man...Keep up HAHA
They don't want us to burn UT down:cool:

FYI I want Fulmer and Pruitt gone. That extension and $ alone was enough to tell me Fulmer doesn't need to be the AD

Pruitt's made it clear since day one that he has little more than contempt for Vols fans. As long as Fulmer is here, Pruitt is here, and Pruitt is not about to let Fulmer, or "the fans" tell him which QB gives us the "best chance of success", because he already knows.

I actually believe that we can beat Florida with Bailey and here is why.

First off, Bailey will allow us to become more balanced in our ability to run as well as pass the ball. Defenses currently load the box on us and dare JG to throw a pass, he is so easy to defend against when he telegraphics every throw, and they know a pic 6 is likely and will jump the route.

This team really is not as bad as the record indicates, it just needs a leader that will lead by example, not BS talk. Bailey is a "Gunslinger" much like Bray was, he has no fear of interceptions because he will come right back at you again, he expects to throw 5 TD a game. In one game, he threw for 6 TD in the first half!!!

He has the ability to "light it up" if Chaney will make the calls and our defense will fight if they know that the offense can put a bunch of points up on the board.

Pruitt, wake up man the train is leaving the station, save yourself and save the program, start Harrison Bailey get the future underway.

Our defense will give up 50 or more against Florida. Peyton Manning could start against Florida and we'd get our doors blown off.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129

If that really is Pruitt's reasoning, then he's a worse HC than any of us could imagine. You don't build a high-performance team, by hamstringing it to try and land a player that may or may not develop according to their recruiting ranking.

Salter’s an alpha...you don’t “scare” them. And if you did? You don’t want em. Waiting to win is not a recipe for success and recruits don’t buy it.
I agree but what’s this staff done so far that’s made much sense? This kid is one of the top recruits in Texas and top qb’s in the country so the odds of us actually landing him aren’t in our favor. I can see the staff approaching it as such.

So wait, you guys think we have two QBs good enough that Florida wants them??

Just stop
Nobody said that...

Florida is closer to Maurer's family.
I didn't say jack about Bailey going there.

And BTW, Kyle Trask was a 2 star.

Stop judging our QBs talent by our crappy player development and coaching decisions.

While reading about everyone making fun of us for being scared of vanderbilt, I came across several mentions of HB transferring out. One mentioned Florida as a destination. So what happens to the coach that will be the first coach at Tennessee to lose 7 in a row by double digits? Then loses his 5 star freshmen qb that he will not play to our hated rivals. We even Got bumped on the sechdule for missu and vanderbilt. Life long vol fan, I can't believe it has gotten this bad.
I wouldn’t blame him a bit! His time at Tennessee Hans not been good for him, or for us fans who want to see a good about on the field. Pruitt has been a letdown for the team. Look for lots of 21 recruits to jump ship.

I agree but what’s this staff done so far that’s made much sense? This kid is one of the top recruits in Texas and top qb’s in the country so the odds of us actually landing him aren’t in our favor. I can see the staff approaching it as such.
Talent’s been misused all season and he’s stuck. Now they don’t want to scare him. They’re messing up on their own...we don’t need to invent reasons. If he flips it’s not because we’re winning too much.

Reactions: CA_Vol
Also i think there may be some truth to Chaney not being high on Bailey in his system. He seems set on running this spread rpo style of offense and Salter would likely be a better fit because he’s a better athlete. It’s the only thing that makes sense to me really.

I wonder about this, as well. Chaney was really high on Haynes King (who ended up picking Texas A&M over us) and seemed less enamored with Bailey. Salter is more in the same vain as King.

Bailey is showing a lot of promise, though, and I really wish they'd give him a shot. It's not even a long-term vs short-term thing at this point; I honestly think Bailey gives us a better shot at winning than JG, Shrout, or Maurer.

While reading about everyone making fun of us for being scared of vanderbilt, I came across several mentions of HB transferring out. One mentioned Florida as a destination. So what happens to the coach that will be the first coach at Tennessee to lose 7 in a row by double digits? Then loses his 5 star freshmen qb that he will not play to our hated rivals. We even Got bumped on the sechdule for missu and vanderbilt. Life long vol fan, I can't believe it has gotten this bad.
He won’t transfer if Freeze is his next coach. If Pruitt fires Chaney after the season, there will be no OC of substance that will take the job knowing Pruitt is a dead man walking, so he will hire some no-name. I could see Bailey bailing of that happens.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Does anyone know if this is a "free year" meaning anyone can transfer and not have to sit next season?

Like my grand dad use to say, if the rabbit hadn't stop to take a dump he would have won the race against the tortoise.

Our QB room will not be the same next year. Either JG is here and 1-2 of the other 3 transfer or JG leaves and the other 3 stay here.

Pruitt's made it clear since day one that he has little more than contempt for Vols fans. As long as Fulmer is here, Pruitt is here, and Pruitt is not about to let Fulmer, or "the fans" tell him which QB gives us the "best chance of success", because he already knows.
So Coach Pruitt how's that thought process of JG gives us the best chance to win working out for you?

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back