What happened to Holiday?

Sorry for the buzzkill but:

Tombstone 2020.
Starring the Vols.
Chaney: Hey Cornbread, where's JG?
Pruitt: He's down by the creek...walkin on water.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....or er...later that week at Neyland....

Disgruntled Vols fan: Come on JG, skin that smokewagon. Skin it!
Kessling: Looks like a coverage sack, Tim.
Priest: Bob, you're right, if you're referring to the 3 players that covered JGs first option.
Disgruntled Vol fan's kid: Daddy, do you think JG even has a smokewagon?

Vol fans everywhere:
Anybody know where to find Earp's wife? We're gonna need some of what she's having.

And this thread is one of the reasons I love this place. Poor op asks a serious question, and we go sideways😂😂.

That's only until the Vols get good again so we can move back talking about serious football instead looking for other ways to entertain ourselves. :mad:
Sadly we have had way too much practice working on these types of threads over last 15 years (but it shows because they have gotten quite good - someone could compile them into a book)!

Reactions: joevol33
All I read in preseason was how great he was doing and all the multiple ways they were going to use him, even put him in a QB when they got inside the red zone because he could run/pass. I haven't even seen him unless its on special teams. What???
Pruitt is wait No for JG to leave before he starts him. It’s not like every team in America has the privilege of having a 10 year RS Junior.

Not unexpected my thread got hijacked. Happens all the time here and I take it all in good fun as its meant to be. I really did want to know why he wasn't getting the reps promised but some the responses were pretty funny so not a lost thread at all.

Reactions: LittleVol
proxy-image

; Drunk piano player, hes probably seeing double.
: Then I have to guns, one for the both of ya

One, you could watch him throw in HS and know that he was very unlikely to play QB at UT. Two, don't rush these young guys. The jump from HS to college is HUGE from both a physical and mental standpoint.

I've seen this on this board for more than 15 years. Fans get all excited about a recruit and assume that his HS highlight videos will translate into instant impact at UT. Then they at best forget them and at worst call them busts because they don't become dominant as Fr. Later they produce but by then those same fans have fallen in love with some other recruit.

Give the guy time. I don't think he will ever be a QB at UT and especially if Salter sticks with UT. But he has an opportunity for a RS this year and then a great 4 year career.

One, you could watch him throw in HS and know that he was very unlikely to play QB at UT. Two, don't rush these young guys. The jump from HS to college is HUGE from both a physical and mental standpoint.

I've seen this on this board for more than 15 years. Fans get all excited about a recruit and assume that his HS highlight videos will translate into instant impact at UT. Then they at best forget them and at worst call them busts because they don't become dominant as Fr. Later they produce but by then those same fans have fallen in love with some other recruit.

Give the guy time. I don't think he will ever be a QB at UT and especially if Salter sticks with UT. But he has an opportunity for a RS this year and then a great 4 year career.
Your last statement is spot on!
GBO!!

VN Store

Back