What happened to Chandler's Mojo?

bcope5

Chandler was lights out at the beginning of the regular season, but what has happened to his game? I know his shot making has struggled, but he seems to more reserved lately at attacking the rim and taking the three. No confidence or coaching?

Simple, imo, the 3 isn't falling and everybody saw what happened when the Buffs got in his face, he drove to the basket for lay-ups. Give him the 3 and don't allow him to drive is the way everybody is playing him. Still gave UT, 7 assists and 2 huge baskets in OT, on drives to the basket

Simple, imo, the 3 isn't falling and everybody saw what happened when the Buffs got in his face, he drove to the basket for lay-ups. Give him the 3 and don't allow him to drive is the way everybody is playing him. Still gave UT, 7 assists and 2 huge baskets in OT, on drives to the basket
This. Competition level stepped up, his uncharacteristic hot streak from 3 cooled significantly, and now he's pressing a bit. He needs to recalibrate and realize it isn't always going to come easy. He's going to have to outwork people.

I believe it's a natural adjustment as a Freshman. He did start strong but trying to figure out still how to work in Barne's system. Hopefully, we'll see him figuring it out soon. If he's going strong, the rest of the team will click. Point Guard is critical.

In the end, this bump in the road will teach him things he will need to know to advance his dreams and aspirations. If I’m not mistaken, he hit his first 8 of 9 three-pointers, and that put way too many expectations on his shoulders, from himself and well-meaning fans. I think things will reverse course a bit and he will be more of a factor very soon. Who ever learns difficult lessons when everything is all smooth sailing?

It is going to be up and down ... he will adjust and teams will adjust ... it is part of the learning experience that he must go through at the collegiate level.
More film ... more adjustments. He has to recognize the adjustments ... rather than coaches point it out to him.
Just part of the process.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Chandler was lights out at the beginning of the regular season, but what has happened to his game? I know his shot making has struggled, but he seems to more reserved lately at attacking the rim and taking the three. No confidence or coaching?
Some tougher nights agreed but I will say this about the kid, he looks like the friendliest fun loving kid on the court I have seen in a long time. He is always smiling talking to refs and players. It is great to see now a days with NIL and all the other bs going on.

VN Store

Back