What does Tennessee have to do to make the NCAAT now?

NighthawkVol

Obviously, winning at Rupp was a huge boost. At 17 wins, does 19 get the Vols in? 20?

What does the RPI and SOS look like?

Beat Auburn and win at least two SEC Tournament games.

If we lose to Auburn, we’d have to win the whole Tournament to get in.

Here's my thoughts
Beat Auburn AND
0-1 SECT (Probably Out)
1-1 SECT (Probably In)
2 or more (In)

Lose to Auburn AND
0-1 SECT (Out)
1-1 SECT (Almost certainly out)
2-1 SECT (Depends on the 2nd win - Slightly More than 50/50 in )
3 or more (In)

They don’t have to win it, but they’ve got to go deep. If UT beats Auburn they will have a decent conference record and they played a tough OOC. Still, for as well as they played last night this team really missed some opportunities this year.

A&M
Wiscy
Memphis
Auburn
SCar

Golden opportunities the Vols let slip by. Vols get those wins they are at 22-8 overall

Obviously, winning at Rupp was a huge boost. At 17 wins, does 19 get the Vols in? 20?

What does the RPI and SOS look like?

No idea, but I do know if they had beaten AU they would be in the conversation. They already won more than I thought they would. If Cal coached this team they would be last in the conference.

A&M
Wiscy
Memphis
Auburn
SCar

Golden opportunities the Vols let slip by. Vols get those wins they are at 22-8 overall

It;s been a weird year.

1. Losing 4 to NBA
2. Lamonte's dealing with injury
3. Barnes trying to convince Fulky that hes real good
4. Lamonte leaving
5. Santi coming in 18 yo with 3 practices w/team
6. Finally getting Uros eligible
7 Bowden going into a slump but kept playing top end D
8. JJJ dealing with pre season injuries then mid season groin just now getting in playing shape
9. Realizing Uros is not ready for the bumpy grind needs off season S&C & nuance his low movement he's like a Bull in china shop. easy for refs.
This is a lot to deal with for a very young team & remember 2 of these players not only had to deal with this but freshmen new college classes etc..
It;s a Grind

If we somehow keep the magic alive and get to 20 wins we would be in no doubt. If we somehow get a win against Auburn and get a win in the tourney at 19 wins we are squarely on the bubble with a shot to get in. If we beat Auburn Saturday we would have victories of 4 top 25 teams when we played them, VCU, Washington, Kentucky, and Auburn.

If we somehow keep the magic alive and get to 20 wins we would be in no doubt. If we somehow get a win against Auburn and get a win in the tourney at 19 wins we are squarely on the bubble with a shot to get in. If we beat Auburn Saturday we would have victories of 4 top 25 teams when we played them, VCU, Washington, Kentucky, and Auburn.

No one will care about the VCU and Washington wins

You would think a trifecta of florida, kentucky, and auburn would at least get us in striking range of the ncaa. I know we'd still have to win hopefully if we could at least make the final game that would be enough.

This team has an outside chance to continue their season and it's all up to them. Losing the SC game was the turning point. They're just not developing the team chemistry fast enough on offense. Now with the season dwindling down it's now or never.17-21 from the FT line last night and good 3 pt. shots may wake them up. Just take care of the ball. They call it March Madness........Go Vols !!

Reactions: Fullfillmer
A 14-loss, 2-game over .500 conference record, mid-tier in a down SEC does not get into the NCAA without winning the SECT.

Reactions: berryvol
A&M
Wiscy
Memphis
Auburn
SCar

Wisconsin had a borderline all-time shooting night in TBA that night. Not sure anyone in the country could have beat them. They were unconscious from 3.

Reactions: chuckb1448
Beat Auburn, then get the first one on the SEC tournament. I believe they’ll win the 2nd one if they win the first .

Win the SECT.
This is only if we lose to Auburn. If we beat them, we’d be a lock by making the semis. If we beat Auburn and make the quarters but lose, I still think we’d warrant consideration, but we’d probably need help from other bubble teams losing.

VN Store

Back