What does Tennessee have to do to make the NCAAT now?

I wonder if the ncaa committee would take into consideration any of our roster changes because of Turner being out 20 games, and how our roster has changed? Maybe give us some credit there.

I wonder if the ncaa committee would take into consideration any of our roster changes because of Turner being out 20 games, and how our roster has changed? Maybe give us some credit there.
That would only help us if Turner had missed the 1st part of the season and came back.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
That would only help us if Turner had missed the 1st part of the season and came back.

Our situation is so unique I doubt there any precedent but adding SV is essentially like getting a hurt player back. Add James to that as well

Our situation is so unique I doubt there any precedent but adding SV is essentially like getting a hurt player back. Add James to that as well
Maybe. But typically that type of leniency is for big time star players. I like Vescovi, but I don't think his name will come up in the committee's discussions.

One thing working in our favor is the timing of our recent wins. Beating Florida and then Ky in the road right at the end of the year is significant. If we could be auburn and then win our first 2 games on the sec tourney we’re in no question. That would put us a 20 wins with some impressive wins on the resume

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Hold on! I've been told about 5 off the last 10 games were MUST WINS. We lost most of them. How could getting in ncaat even be possible after losing those must wins?

Yea, but USC is someone we are competing with for a spot. We don’t want them winning.
A spot for what? The big dance? If SC gets in , then TN gets in (if TN beats AU Saturday) . If FL gets in, TN gets in. The only “split” choices will be SC or FL. Both teams won’t get in together IMO

100 percent they will.. cause they kinda have to. They won’t consider any games with him regardless of W/L. He didn’t have a single impact in league play if I can remember

Honestly what really needs to happen is... and I really hate to say this.. is that KY or AU have to win the SECT. We don’t need any other team besides ourselves snatching a SECT automatic bid. There’s always something to be said about winning against the tournament champion and/or the regular season champs. Obviously we still need to beat AU

Last edited:
Honestly what really needs to happen is... and I really hate to say this.. is that KY or AU have to win the SECT. We don’t need any other team besides ourselves snatching a SECT automatic bid. There’s always something to be said about winning against the tournament champion and/or the regular season champs. Obviously we still need to beat AU

LSU and FL can win it too since they're in, right?

I still think beat AU and win two and we're in. Winning the SECT outright with our starters playing 35+ minutes is asking too much imo.

A spot for what? The big dance? If SC gets in , then TN gets in (if TN beats AU Saturday) . If FL gets in, TN gets in. The only “split” choices will be SC or FL. Both teams won’t get in together IMO
if South Carolina gets in, Tennessee isn't getting in

LSU and FL can win it too since they're in, right?

I still think beat AU and win two and we're in. Winning the SECT outright with our starters playing 35+ minutes is asking too much imo.
LSU and FL will shrink the conference spots if 1 of those teams win. We can’t afford to have huge gaps. The tourney is all about placements. They both are predicted for 6-9 seeds. We don’t need 1 of those teams to move to the 2-3 line because they win the SEC T. ...

LSU and FL will shrink the conference spots if 1 of those teams win. We can’t afford to have huge gaps. The tourney is all about placements. They both are predicted for 6-9 seeds. We don’t need 1 of those teams to move to the 2-3 line because they win the SEC T. ...

WTH are you talking about ?

there is zero shot florida or LSU can move to the 2-3 line and even if they did that doesn’t matter to us

I don't agree and don't understand your logic. Florida is much higher up right now, and USC and UT are on the outside bubble.

I have no idea what some of you guys look at or research this time of year.

Reactions: BruinVol
WTH are you talking about ?

there is zero shot florida or LSU can move to the 2-3 line and even if they did that doesn’t matter to us

I feel like he is mixing the SECT and NCAAT. Florida could potentially move to a SECT #2 with a win over Kentucky, LSU obviously could. So maybe he has read or heard something about that. Then maybe he also heard some stuff about bid thieves in the NCAAT and is mixing those two together? I don't know. It didn't make a lot of sense.

Win your next 2 games and you are in.

Win 2 of the next 3 and you have a good shot, but your fate is tied to the number of bid stealers from the smaller conferences.

Win 3 of the next 4 and you are in.

I really have a problem understanding Arkansas and South Carolina being talked ahead of UT in the bubble watch. Kind of strange to me.

I really have a problem understanding Arkansas and South Carolina being talked ahead of UT in the bubble watch. Kind of strange to me.

I think it has to do with the fact that your run is so recent. Up until beating UF and then Ky, meh, middle of the pack. Its only because of the sudden success against one good and one okay team that its is becoming an issue. Just timing.

In 2017 Vandy got in at 19-15, Michigan State got in at 19-14, Wake got in at 19-13.

In 2018 Texas was a 10 seed at 19-14, Alabama got a 9 seed at 19-15, Oklahoma got in at 18-13

In 2019 Baylor was a 9 seed at 20-13, Florida a 10 at 19-15, Oklahoma was a 9 at 19-13, Ohio State an 11 at 19-14.

Vandy also got in in 2016 with 19 wins. So the SEC seems to have a solid record of getting teams in with less than 20 wins and mid 10s losses. Our strength of schedule is 36th in the nation on the NCAA site and should go up Saturday, it's 30th among teams with any shot of making the NCAAT. The SOS is 2nd to Florida overall in the SEC. So we have a similar record to the other bubble SEC teams and a better strength of schedule, and if we can pull off a win Saturday will have a win over 4 of the top 5 teams in the league. Unfortunately for our SEC T seeding everyone ahead of us plays a tin can. I would love to see us move into the bottom half of the bracket but don't know if we will get the opportunity.

I think it has to do with the fact that your run is so recent. Up until beating UF and then Ky, meh, middle of the pack. Its only because of the sudden success against one good and one okay team that its is becoming an issue. Just timing.
I agree that the timing is at the end, but I always thought that playing better toward the end was more important than playing crappy at the end. If we beat Auburn, and that’s a large if, no one else has knocked off Florida, Auburn, and Florida. It kind of baffles me.

VN Store

Back