What does Tennessee have to do to make the NCAAT now?

I'm not following this at all. FL and LSU are already safely in the field by all accounts along with obviously Auburn and UK. Nothing those 4 do or fail to do in Nashville will knock them out of the field. They're playing for seeding. What a team like Tennessee, SC, or Mississippi State does, however, could lead to a fifth team making it. Very, very unlikely that more than one of those teams gets in. 5 is the max for the SEC. 4 is the minimum.
You are correct about whatever those top 4 teams do in the SECT wont effect their chances to the big dance.. but what they do will affect the chances for the rest of SEC... We are getting compared to a mid major conference right now.

Last edited:
Honestly I think as far as the committee goes we are all square with Ark and miss state. Unless blood is drawn on ones home court it’s not considered imo

Same with Cincy

You are correct on that right now.. But they only consider those teams if FL and LSU are in that same tier. Right now, FL is the cut off line

You are correct about whatever those top 4 teams do in the SECT wont effect their chances to the big dance.. but what they do will affect the chances for the rest of SEC... We are getting compared to a mid major conference right now.

There is no reason to keep trying to explain. No one here agrees with you but you are entitled to your opinion

Never thought this team would make it in. This is a major rebuilding year and always has been.

After a 22 point home court loss to Auburn, I'm afraid the only route left is winning the SEC Tournament. We may need to win one just to make the NIT.

Pretty much nothing because we're not going. If you even remotely believe we'll win the SECT, come back to reality. It's not happening.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Depends on other teams and conference bids, but I still think two SEC tournament wins and you are on the bubble. Close. Maybe in.

VN Store

Back