What do you think Buzz Peterson is thinking?

I went on a golf trip to Myrtle Beach with a few buddies last month, and while we were down there, we played a course in the town of Conway, S.C., just north of Myrtle Beach and home of Coastal Carolina. We drove by their campus, and it looks like Pellissippi State. In the 80's. Under Buzz's stalwart leadership, the Chanticleers posted a stellar 14-14 mark this year, 7-7 in their conference.

On the other hand, he did get Chris Lofton here, somehow.

On the other other hand, he also brought us such primo talent as John Winchester, Boomer Herndon, Justin Albrecht, and Derek Stribling. (remember him?)

I met Buzz a couple of times, and he seemed like a genuinely nice, unassuming guy. But we all know where nice guys finish.

I went on a golf trip to Myrtle Beach with a few buddies last month, and while we were down there, we played a course in the town of Conway, S.C., just north of Myrtle Beach and home of Coastal Carolina. We drove by their campus, and it looks like Pellissippi State. In the 80's. Under Buzz's stalwart leadership, the Chanticleers posted a stellar 14-14 mark this year, 7-7 in their conference.

On the other hand, he did get Chris Lofton here, somehow.

On the other other hand, he also brought us such primo talent as John Winchester, Boomer Herndon, Justin Albrecht, and Derek Stribling. (remember him?)

I met Buzz a couple of times, and he seemed like a genuinely nice, unassuming guy. But we all know where nice guys finish.

Don't forget, he let Brewer and Humphrey get away.

I don't think we appreciated the scrubs of the Green/Peterson era like we should have.

All I have to say is "thank you Buzz for recruiting Chris Lofton. Your crappy coaching job made this sweet 16 that much sweeter."

i didn't know that Lofton was about to leave after we went 14-17 that year (can't say I wouldn't blame him). But go thing CBP talked him into staying :rock:

"Is tomorrow's tee time at 9 or 10? Michael hates it when I'm late to carry his bags."

"No! I ordered chicken! Michael doesn't like red meat! God, if i don't get this right for Mike's weekend party, he's gonna disown me"

I don't think we appreciated the scrubs of the Green/Peterson era like we should have.

Green actually brought talent in here with Slay, Tony Harris, etc. He was just terrible come tourney time. Brass Pearls is doing more with less.

Tony Harris signed with Kevin O'Neill. The groundwork for getting Slay and Yarbrough was also done by Kevin. Green's primary recruiting contributions were stiffs like Andy Ikeakor and Terrence Woods.

VN Store

Back