What do you need to see vs. Bama?

UTK

We finally won. Unless something crazy happens, we're going to go back into the L column this weekend. What do you need to see to feel "alright" about the loss and to feel somewhat confident vs South Carolina?

I’d like to see JG not getting broken in half a million pieces because I’d rather have him as a backup to Maurer all remaining games rather than Shrout. That is, making the assumption JG starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: savannahfan
Limit the turnovers and big plays. Play with confidence and get pressure on Tua. Mix it up on offense and get the ball to the playmakers

I would like to see Pruitt lay the foundation to beat this Bama team. No doubt, we don’t have enough depth to do it the entire game, but I’m sick of seeing those Bama receivers running free down the field.

I want our DBs up in their face some and being physical with them and hopefully knocking them off their feet a few times. That’s the only way that offense will be stopped. I know it’s only delaying the inevitable result, but if every team sees us do it and it slows them down, someone with depth can shut them down. Hopefully

No more injuries (we just lost flowers), no turnovers (multiple anyway), some extremely hard hits with some 3 & outs from our D. So that bama and there fans can know we are coming for them soon.

Lining up correctly, smart football, and just be competitive. oh and QB's that slide to avoid being injured.

I want to see what I want to see every game Tennessee plays, some good hard fought football and of course a win. The first part usually takes care of the second part, but I know what we're up against.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I would like to see Pruitt lay the foundation to beat this Bama team. No doubt, we don’t have enough depth to do it the entire game, but I’m sick of seeing those Bama receivers running free down the field.

I want our DBs up in their face some and being physical with them and hopefully knocking them off their feet a few times. That’s the only way that offense will be stopped. I know it’s only delaying the inevitable result, but if every team sees us do it and it slows them down, someone with depth can shut them down. Hopefully
The reason they run wide open is cause they are elite athletes. Very few secondaries can match up and we're not one of them. This is one of the best receiver groups ever if not the best To beat Bama is simple: pressure Tua and cover the receivers. What makes it hard is to be able to pressure Tua and cover the receivers 😂. Next year they'll reload but I don't see anyway they don't take a big step back on offense. Our young team will be a year older so I like our chances much better. Still wouldn't be surprised if they run 15+ straight wins off as they are that far ahead of us as a program

For me, not being down 3 TD’s five minutes into the game like last year. I think our D and running game is better than last year, so maybe we’ll keep it close for awhile.

VN Store

Back