What do we know about Virginia?

The bad news is that they will try to slow the game down... a lot. They ran about 56 plays/gm. UT ran 73. UVA had 5.13 yd/play. UT was 7.23

That never works out too well for teams that try to do that against the Vols. The fast paced offense of Tennessee will put a lot of teams behind early and often, so they'll have to try to keep up.

Reactions: sjt18
I’m a Vol and UVA grad. They are not good. Maybe a little defense, but Elliott’s offense was not a good mix for Armstrong. I’m glad he left for NC State, for his sake. Losing Bronco was a shock for the program. I was hoping Anthony Poindexter was going to be hired. Can’t put my finger on why, but I don’t see Elliott lasting long there, I just don’t think he is the right fit. Oh for the days of George Welsh! Vols will win big, very big.

On another note, to say Charlottesville is incredibly woke, is the understatement of the year!
The first sign of being woke, denying you are woke.. lol

Reactions: VolGirl81
Their new qb had some nice throws in their spring game, decent rb as well

Here's your breakdown

UVA was blindsided in 2021 by Bronco Mendenhall's sudden retirement.

He left, they hired Tony Elliot, but luckily for him he was left with the 21st ranked offense in the country with one of the best QB's in the country and all of his top WR's back.

Let's see what happened

QB Brennan Armstrong in 21'
65% completion percentage, 4449 yards, 31 TD 10 int

21st ranked offense

then tony elliot proceeds to take that offense and inexplicably destroy it

UVA's offense in 22'? Finished 126th...

Armstrong? 54% completion percentage 2210 yards 7 TD's 12 int's

Now they did replace every started on the offensive line, bur still, they had Armstrong and two receivers that are in the NFL right now.

So now he doesn't return his QB or his top 4 receivers, the line is still a mess and his QB now is Tony Muskett from Monmouth who was pretty solid there. First team all big south in 21, they moved up to a better conference and he had slightly above average numbers.

Muskett has NEVER played against an FBS opponent though...and he opens up his season against Tennessee infront of what will still be the biggest stadium he's been to and by far the loudest. Not Neyland, but Nissan will be loud. He has decent RB's, but no proven receivers and a very suspect offensive line. They could be the worst offense in the country. They need miracles. If he can't make an offense work with Armstrong and NFL receivers then how the hell will it work with a Monmouth QB???

Defense returns their entire front 7. Loses a lot in the back end though, so they can maybe compete a little bit.

I'm guessing it'll be one of the bigger beatdowns we've ever put on a P5 opponent in our history.

Maybe they got some stuff figured out on offense, but it just feels like a perfect storm for an absolute curb stomping.
Worst offense in the country? Surely you didnt see Iowas offense last year. It eas arguably one of the worst ive seen in my life and not likely to improve much this year.

Reactions: FBtime
I know they have a nice campus. They used to have a good soccer team. I know Scott Stadium's AstroTurf got hot AF when you played on it with black cleats. Um..they have orange in their colors. I know they will file 2nd degree manslaughter charges against UT after the game. Thats all I know.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
All I know about virginia is them blue ridge mountains will try their best to kill ya!! Never come back from them hollers the same!!!

What i also know is you are in the heart of Appalachia driving around then come upon a weird city called Charlottesville where it goes from the stereotype of west virginia to Portland Oregon real quick and it makes no sense to me. Them mountains become more tame about that area as well

What i also know is you are in the heart of Appalachia driving around then come upon a weird city called Charlottesville where it goes from the stereotype of west virginia to Portland Oregon real quick and it makes no sense to me. Them mountains become more tame about that area as well
I agree they lean a little on the Portland side, but it is nowhere near the heart of Appalachia. They are in the piedmont, you need to go an hour west and then south to really get to Appalachia

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I agree they lean a little on the Portland side, but it is nowhere near the heart of Appalachia. They are in the piedmont, you need to go an hour west and then south to really get to Appalachia

Agreed as I'm 50 minutes West...but, the Blueridge is STILL some pretty mountains.

If it wasn’t the first game then maybe by the smallest of chances could I see us taking them lightly and even then I still see a 3td win on our worst day… but we have multiple factors working for us… Nissan is neyland west n will be heavily orange the players will be overly excited with it being game 1 the off season is very long… we don’t play a tough opponent week 2 and the culture Heup is building won’t allow us to take anyone light… I spoke to this point last season the nature of heup up tempo aggressive attack literally raises the sense of urgency at all times to even operate it the players have to constantly be locked in… this prevents us from taking anyone lightly… go Vols I expect a 40+ point W.
We came out sluggish against UT-Martin last year. Idk if I completely agree with that. Idk much about Virginia but with us playing our first game with quite a few new pieces and me expecting UVA to be ready for the first game. I think it'll be relatively close compared to the point spread. Probably win by 14ish. Maybe a little more if defense comes to play. I hope your prediction is right though.

My question is if Nico gets in during this game to get some reps when it’s a blowout? Got a lot of talented freshmen like Carter at Lb, Leacock at wr, etc. Really want to see those young guys get some snaps.
You'll see Carter in the 1st half. That dude is already running 2nd team I think.

VN Store

Back