What do board members think is the problem of this team?

That's not that hard if you're true UT basketball fan. Can you name the equipment manager without googling?

No, I don't know the name of the equipment manager without using Google and you are right about knowing the names of the assistant coaches.

It appears to me the problem with this team is Vescovi and ZZZ aren’t shooting as well from the perimeter as they did last season along with JJJ once again not healthy. Other teams are packing the paint and will continue to do so until we can hit a fair percentage from 3. We’re still playing tough D and winning ugly. Phillips may prove to be a lottery pick if he keeps improving.

Reactions: gainesvol82
Technically, yes. Didn't WVA secede from VA when VA seceded from the Union?

They literally formed the state to stay in the union. East Tennessee tried to as well.

Saban is from a town a short way from Western Pa and Eastern Ohio. That area of the state is very much what most would identify as the North/Big 10 country.

The guard play is terrible. Zeigler hasn’t been the same player since the Michigan game and Tyreke Key hasn’t really been a true PG. Maybe BJ Edwards can get it together though and be the answer we need

You mean in the 4 games since Michigan? ..... In November?

OK. You sold me. He's definitely washed up.

haha. Good grief.
I never said he was washed up. He just hasn’t been himself since then and wasn’t himself in that game either. Pretending otherwise is lying to yourself. It happens though. Hopefully he can get it together. Also this isn’t the NBA. Having bad guard play or shooting nights for a few games is how you get bounced in the round of 32 by an 11 seed after winning the SEC Tournament and looking like the best team in the country. The margin for error in college basketball particularly at the PG position is razor thin. Especially when March rolls around. It’s still early, but our backcourt needs to get it together

Last edited:
I never said he was washed up. He just hasn’t been himself since then and wasn’t himself in that game either. Pretending otherwise is lying to yourself. It happens though. Hopefully he can get it together. Also this isn’t the NBA. Having bad guard play or shooting nights for a few games is how you get bounced in the round of 32 by an 11 seed after winning the SEC Tournament and looking like the best team in the country. The margin for error in college basketball particularly at the PG position is razor thin. Especially when March rolls around. It’s still early, but our backcourt needs to get it together

It's just overly dramatic and silly to say stuff like.... "Zeigler hasn't been the same since Michigan" when we're 4 games into the season in November.

Do you really expect Zeigler (or anyone) to be in March form by Thanksgiving?

They literally formed the state to stay in the union. East Tennessee tried to as well.

Saban is from a town a short way from Western Pa and Eastern Ohio. That area of the state is very much what most would identify as the North/Big 10 country.

Yep.

And the point remains. Thinking a northerner can't recruit in the South is ridiculous. Hell, Brian Kelly currently has the #4 class in America at LSU and he's the quintessence of a northerner.

West Virginians are Yankees?

Why heck yeah. They were Virginians prior to the Civil War. Robert E Lee and crew tried to get them to join the grey team.

But, they were so pro-Union, that area separated and became a whole new state.

The only new state created by the Civil War was West Virginia.

It's just overly dramatic and silly to say stuff like.... "Zeigler hasn't been the same since Michigan" when we're 4 games into the season in November.

Do you really expect Zeigler (or anyone) to be in March form by Thanksgiving?
Zeigler was better this time last year than he is right now. So the time of year is irrelevant. Also Jahmai Mashack and Julian Phillips seem to be in mid season form. I know Phillips is a different kind of talent, but I think you get my point

VN Store

Back