What did you have for dinner II?

Never been to Central Park. Pal's has been around since the 60's. I wonder if one Inspired the other?? They look to have a similar buisness model.
Actually JCHS Pal's started in 1956 on Revere St. Herb (Pal) Barger gave me my first job at his high end restaurant Skobys in the mid 80s. Really good guy though he was eccentric. When I was a little kid my granddad would take me by that location to get a hotdogs on the way to watch a kingsport Mets game. Good times.

Actually JCHS Pal's started in 1956 on Revere St. Herb (Pal) Barger gave me my first job at his high end restaurant Skobys in the mid 80s. Really good guy though he was eccentric. When I was a little kid my granddad would take me by that location to get a hotdogs on the way to watch a kingsport Mets game. Good times.
Didn't know the exact year. My first job was at Pal's actually. Never got to meet Herb though. I eat at the original Pal's pretty regularly as I work in downtown Kingsport. I'm also a Kingsport native, and I miss the heck out of Skoby's.

I went to Skobys many times growing up. And took many dates there! Killer place, miss it…

local pizza
crop;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg

That looks like really good pizza, similar to when I lived up north. Can’t find anything like that down here in Florida
there are a few around here like that - my favorite one closed a long time ago when the owner passed away :( Not a good feeling when you crave something to eat & you know you can never get again

Last edited:
Reactions: Vjcvette and MAD
I'm at that one almost every day. I just wished they'd built it in another location. The traffic is crazy when they start lining up in front of the Shell station.

I wish Pal's had Taco bell's spot, 😆
It wasn't so bad until they expanded the Shell next door. Having Dunkin right next to it makes for a log jam. Anytime I'm getting Pal's for dinner, I go there and it was the one I usually went to growing up. I wanted a Chick Fil A where taco bell went. Now I'd take a Heuy Magoos.

Reactions: vols 30

VN Store

Back