What did you have for dinner II?

Chicken thighs, hot Italian sausage, andouille sausage, cannellini beans, onion, carrot, celery, white wine, chicken stock, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, bay leaf, fresh thyme, sage

The recipe (with some tweaks) was called ā€œspicy sausage, chicken, and bean pot,ā€ but surely thereā€™s a better name.

Anyway, it was REALLY good.

Reactions: VolNExile
Yep!

I didnā€™t really follow the directions very faithfully, but once youā€™ve made various stews and whatnot, itā€™s pretty straightforward.

I bought bread for the topping per the recipe, but we liked the bread as bread, so I used croutons instead. I donā€™t think Iā€™d do a bread topping again, because itā€™s pretty soggy after five minutes or so.

Edit: oh, and for the herbs, I just made an herb bundle of fresh thyme and sage (and the bay leaves), and cooked it that way. Using the thyme in the bread topping didnā€™t make sense to me.

Yep!

I didnā€™t really follow the directions very faithfully, but once youā€™ve made various stews and whatnot, itā€™s pretty straightforward.

I bought bread for the topping per the recipe, but we liked the bread as bread, so I used croutons instead. I donā€™t think Iā€™d do a bread topping again, because itā€™s pretty soggy after five minutes or so.

Edit: oh, and for the herbs, I just made an herb bundle of fresh thyme and sage (and the bay leaves), and cooked it that way. Using the thyme in the bread topping didnā€™t make sense to me.
Looks like a perfect chilly night recipe.
I have a couple of questions:
What is BULK Italian Sausage?
What is celery from the HEART?

Looks like a perfect chilly night recipe.
I have a couple of questions:
What is BULK Italian Sausage?
What is celery from the HEART?
Bulk sausage means not in links. So it looks like a pack of ground beef. You can use raw link sausage, but itā€™s a PITA to break up after the forty-leventh or so link.

Celery heart is the inside of a head of celery, where itā€™s light green and tender and has all those #*%^+<Ā£ā‚¬>Ā„ little leaves.

Chicken thighs, hot Italian sausage, andouille sausage, cannellini beans, onion, carrot, celery, white wine, chicken stock, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, bay leaf, fresh thyme, sage

The recipe (with some tweaks) was called ā€œspicy sausage, chicken, and bean pot,ā€ but surely thereā€™s a better name.

Anyway, it was REALLY good.
pollo magnifica

VN Store

Back