What did you have for dinner II?

Whoa, he’s dropped some weight. Must be back on the hunt again!
He definitely looked good (shape wise), he had let himself go there for a bit I thought lol. had a pretty lil thing that looked just like his ex with him, didn't feel it was appropriate to capture her...

Oven-braised brisket with onions cooked in beer

3-cheese tortellini with (stirred-in) roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, sautéed spinach, and green peas
raised brisket with onions cooked in beer

brisket, tortellini, cheese, peppers, onions,-omatoes, garlic, sautéed, and spinach are some of my favorite words that can be found in the dictionary.

but beer:
how much and what brands do you favor, to use when you cook?

dayum, you folks are making me jealous with your choices to sate your palates the past two days

last night we steamed broccoli to go with urban cookhouse leftovers
t\wife just back this afternoon with potato salad, baked beans and slaw to go with our jim nn nicks leftover
you would not believe how much cue came to in the past week's family pack

raised brisket with onions cooked in beer

brisket, tortellini, cheese, peppers, onions,-omatoes, garlic, sautéed, and spinach are some of my favorite words that can be found in the dictionary.

but beer:
how much and what brands do you favor, to use when you cook?
The brisket is Hubs’s family recipe, aka “Jewish pot roast.” It’s cooked in the oven, not grilled.

Amount and label of beer is “cheapest you can find.” 🤪 Don’t use an IPA though. It overwhelms the roast. His mom used Peter’s Brand from Trader Joe’s, which apparently fit the criteria.

Otherwise, it’s a brisket with much (not all) of the fat cap trimmed off, a 12- or 16-ounce can of beer, as many yellow onions as you can stand, kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder...

Oh, no, here’s his recipe, if you can read it. I have no clue what the last line reads. Like with any recipe, he has taken liberties. The torture is that you’re not allowed to eat it the day that you cook it. It has to sit in the fridge until the next evening, when you slice it thinly, reheat it an hour or so (!!!), and then finally get to eat it.

My older daughter requested it for Mother’s Day, which since she’s on the edge of going vegetarian, should tell you something.

1620686135417.jpeg

The brisket is Hubs’s family recipe, aka “Jewish pot roast.” It’s cooked in the oven, not grilled.

Amount and label of beer is “cheapest you can find.” 🤪 Don’t use an IPA though. It overwhelms the roast. His mom used Peter’s Brand from Trader Joe’s, which apparently fit the criteria.

Otherwise, it’s a brisket with much (not all) of the fat cap trimmed off, a 12- or 16-ounce can of beer, as many yellow onions as you can stand, kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder...

Oh, no, here’s his recipe, if you can read it. I have no clue what the last line reads. Like with any recipe, he has taken liberties. The torture is that you’re not allowed to eat it the day that you cook it. It has to sit in the fridge until the next evening, when you slice it thinly, reheat it an hour or so (!!!), and then finally get to eat it.

My older daughter requested it for Mother’s Day, which since she’s on the edge of going vegetarian, should tell you something.

View attachment 367329
thanks, i figured cheep lager would be best

never had briskekt until son moved to stl, and dissapointed it took me so long to try it
running joke wifirst cuz in knoxville is that my late dad and her mom were jewish
no vegetarians in our families

VN Store

Back