What Cigars Do You Smoke?

1 was rolled too tight. It was hard as a rock in the center. Didn't smoke very good. Very disappointed. I was extremely close to buying a hand rolled 1 by a guy at the resort but just bought 2 boxes of the 1/2 size cigars. didn't want to spend more $$ on cigars, already spent enough.

1 was rolled too tight. It was hard as a rock in the center. Didn't smoke very good. Very disappointed. I was extremely close to buying a hand rolled 1 by a guy at the resort but just bought 2 boxes of the 1/2 size cigars. didn't want to spend more $$ on cigars, already spent enough.

Decent chance you got bootlegged on the Cohibas.

What dominican's did you pick up?

Usually smoke La Gloria Charlemagne's but tonight am going to have a Don Arturo from the Tampa Tobacco Co. with some Jack Single Barrel sitting outside in the screen room.

Decent chance you got bootlegged on the Cohibas.

What dominican's did you pick up?

I figured. Republica Dominicanas, red & black label. I have smoked them before.

When the guy told me he would sell me the cigars cheaper today(the day that I was leaving) compared to what I paid 2 days earlier. I knew what I bought were probably fake. Sucks. Ill still try to smoke them. I bought the half size, 2 boxes of 10 for $40.. He was trying to sell them to me for 2 for $30 my last day there.

I figured. Republica Dominicanas, red & black label. I have smoked them before.

When the guy told me he would sell me the cigars cheaper today(the day that I was leaving) compared to what I paid 2 days earlier. I knew what I bought were probably fake. Sucks. Ill still try to smoke them. I bought the half size, 2 boxes of 10 for $40.. He was trying to sell them to me for 2 for $30 my last day there.

Most Cubans sold on the islands are fakes. Cubans sold by street vendors or discount prices are guaranteed to be fake. The only way to be sure your buying authentic Cubans is to go to a La Casa Del Habano store. They are Cuban dealers. I always check to see if there is one where we are traveling. Honestly though IMO places like Dominican Republic, Honduras, and Nicaragua are making cigars just as good as Cuba.

Most Cubans sold on the islands are fakes. Cubans sold by street vendors or discount prices are guaranteed to be fake. The only way to be sure your buying authentic Cubans is to go to a La Casa Del Habano store. They are Cuban dealers. I always check to see if there is one where we are traveling. Honestly though IMO places like Dominican Republic, Honduras, and Nicaragua are making cigars just as good as Cuba.

I tend to agree with that. That's the reason Im not worried/pissed if they are fake.

I prefer a Gloria or any Ashton. I currently own five different pipes. I bought my first pipe at a certain tobacco store in Gatlinburg on my senior trip in high school. I go back and visit the same exact store every time I am in the Smokies. I have bought a pipe every time I return to the Smokies as well. Needless to say, I am now a pipe smoker and I can't find anything more relaxing than a good bowl of tobacco and a glass of bourbon around the campfire.

Reactions: 1 person

29xxiiw.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I don't / won't smoke anything, but why is that I usually enjoy the smell of a cigar or a pipe but cigarettes are revolting to me? Is there a huge difference in the quality of the tobacco used?

I don't / won't smoke anything, but why is that I usually enjoy the smell of a cigar or a pipe but cigarettes are revolting to me? Is there a huge difference in the quality of the tobacco used?

Not nearly as many chemical additives with pipes/cigars as there are in cigarettes. I'd guess that's the difference.

I too love the smell of pipe tobacco.

I’ve found that I like the al Capone’s cigarillos. Good fast smoke. I still crave a black and mild wood tip every few weeks.

I’ve come to realize that I enjoy only the first 5 minutes of a cigar. It’s like only wanting to eat the top half of muffins and throwing away the rest.

I’ve come to realize that I enjoy only the first 5 minutes of a cigar. It’s like only wanting to eat the top half of muffins

I’ve come to realize that I enjoy only the first 5 minutes of a cigar. It’s like only wanting to eat the top half of muffins. Halfway through and I’m done w it

Whatever cigar you had must have got the best of you
I smoke cigars every now and then. My wife normally brings me cubans whenever she travels for work. Doesn't matter what it is, I smoke half and I'm good. Basically I just stick to Nub Cameroons. It's plenty for me

Reactions: volfanjustin

VN Store

Back