What belief grounds you the most to your party?

You sound like the telemarketers who go through the flow chart to come up with such things as

"Well, i bet you'd want a security system for your home if your dogs don't bark so the robber uses your gun to shoot your 2 dogs and then use the gun against you in the process of a robbery, wouldn't you?"

That was day one when Range Master's was open here.

really?? You got your money's worth then since it looks like they covered everything possible

Umm...given this unlikely scenario...I'll just intend on hitting the target as many times as possible. I care not of his outcome, only mine.

Until you flip on the lights and realize it was your wife sleep walking.

(I know, but again, a scenario that I consider in the loaded gun debate)

Umm no...she sleeps beside me...if she is not beside me when I wake up, I'll use some logic here.

Umm...given this unlikely scenario...I'll just intend on hitting the target as many times as possible. I care not of his outcome, only mine.

I understand and in the heat of the moment that might be my reaction but my I do not want to kill and would hope if I were in that situation I would react appropriately. If there was a way around taking a life I would hope not to have to.

really?? You got your money's worth then since it looks like they covered everything possible

How would you feel if, in the dark and confusion of an invasion, the unarmed perpatrator took the gun from you and used it?

I know, it's a stretch, but these are the issues I use to weigh out the cost/benefit of keeping a loaded firearm handy.

This is the scenario I thought you were referencing. As for that 2 dog line - I'll agree. Ridiculous.

Umm no...she sleeps beside me...if she is not beside me when I wake up, I'll use some logic here.

So what other checks are you going to make in this high anxiety situation? While going through your check list you could be taking the trigger lock off your gun.

That is my main reasoning for the verbal warning. Plus my 17 year old son does not know how to walk through the house without the neighbors hearing him. I would know it was him a mile away. My daughter is too small to get out of bed on her own. This will all change in time and I will have to change with it, as far as being sure the person actually belongs there or not.

Common sense is not common. Having a loaded gun to fend off intruders is currently one's choice. The number one issue in doing that is having the gun taken away and used against the owner. To not consider that possibility and your reaction is careless.

If by this you mean owning a firearm and not being willing or capable of shooting an intruder before this scenario plays out I agree. Having a weapon to make you feel better doesn't cut it. If someone forces their way into your home and has closed with you to the point where a struggle for the gun is even a possibility then the invader has taken all the guesswork out of it. Shoot him and continue to do so until you are satisfied the threat is ended. (DO NOT assume he was alone by the way)

You sound like someone that has never been through a gun safety or ownership course. Do yourself a favor and consider all scenarios if you choose to keep a loaded gun in your home.

I've been through 2 gun safety courses in my life, only because i needed to to obtain my hunting liscense, and concealed carry permit here.

I also got remedial gun safety 'training' in the army, where i 'safely' carried a loaded gun with a round chambered with the safety off on a few different continents.

I've shot competitively since i was a small boy, and have been around guns as i've been alive. I'll not have a bleeding heart leftist with an ingrown penis lecture me about my knowledge of guns, or lack thereof.

So what other checks are you going to make in this high anxiety situation? While going through your check list you could be taking the trigger lock off your gun.

I'll use common sense. I've never even come close to grabbing my gun in my house with the thought someone was about to make me need to use it. IF I ever did grab it with this thought, I'd be damn sure before I shot someone. I know who is supposed to be in my house and what they look like. I don't live in a pitch black cave.

Why do you even own a gun? In your scenario, the intruder will annouce himself with a airhorn and shouting "I am the bad guy" before you'd unlock your weapon.

I've been through 2 gun safety courses in my life, only because i needed to to obtain my hunting liscense, and concealed carry permit here.

I also got remedial gun safety 'training' in the army, where i 'safely' carried a loaded gun with a round chambered with the safety off on a few different continents.

I've shot competitively since i was a small boy, and have been around guns as i've been alive. I'll not have a bleeding heart leftist with an ingrown penis lecture me about my knowledge of guns, or lack thereof.

Wow. Sensitive I see. Good luck with that complex.

I'll use common sense. I've never even come close to grabbing my gun in my house with the thought someone was about to make me need to use it. IF I ever did grab it with this thought, I'd be damn sure before I shot someone. I know who is supposed to be in my house and what they look like. I don't live in a pitch black cave.

Why do you even own a gun? In your scenario, the intruder will annouce himself with a airhorn and shouting "I am the bad guy" before you'd unlock your weapon.

I own guns for hunting and sport shooting. I do not own a gun for shooting people in my house. I have doors, locks, and alarms that take care of that problem.

It is important to me to remove the possibility of anyone other than myself using my guns.

Not sensitive, I just lose my mind when i'm being lectured by someone naive enough to believe that the government can adequately protect the property and lives of the citizens.

You're mistaken if you read this as me "lecturing" you - I have no right or authority to do such things.

Although it does concern me that a message board discussion on gun ownership and personal respsonsibility would make you "lose your mind" - since you apparently have a loaded gun in your house.

You're mistaken if you read this as me "lecturing" you - I have no right or authority to do such things.

Although it does concern me that a message board discussion on gun ownership and personal respsonsibility would make you "lose your mind" - since you apparently have a loaded gun in your house.

I have a no-nonsense temprement, don't forget, I'm a Connecticut Yankee descended from some who stood up for their rights at Lexington Green.

That said, as angry as i get, i'm naturally a non-violent person, the most aggressive i've ever been towards a person for no reason has been at the boxing gym over in Meriden, and that was all in fun.

Tempremental, yes, moronic, or not respecting of human life, no. Live and let live, as i see it. You seem to pontificate your opinion on gun ownership though, that pisses me off.

I have a no-nonsense temprement, don't forget, I'm a Connecticut Yankee descended from some who stood up for their rights at Lexington Green.

That said, as angry as i get, i'm naturally a non-violent person, the most aggressive i've ever been towards a person for no reason has been at the boxing gym over in Meriden, and that was all in fun.

Tempremental, yes, moronic, or not respecting of human life, no. Live and let live, as i see it. You seem to pontificate your opinion on gun ownership though, that pisses me off.

I am opinionated on the topic. My beef is not with gun ownership though - you must have misunderstood. But rather gun owners' responsibility and accountability.

I have thought about that myself. If a perp is close enough to me I would engage him in hand to hand combat giving my wife opportunity to get the weapon and back me up. She knows the drill (we have gone over it before). If the perp is at a safe enough distance I would grab the weapon and give him one verbal warning to leave. If he does not make his way to the door or makes any move I consider to be threatening I would shoot to cripple him.

Without a doubt, this is Dwight Shrute posting. Please, everybody who likes The Office, read it while imagining it being said by Dwight.

I used to be Republican but I realized that they are no longer interested in the USA but only those that give them $$$. Big special business interest.

Now I proudly have no affiliation to the parties.

Without a doubt, this is Dwight Shrute posting. Please, everybody who likes The Office, read it while imagining it being said by Dwight.

dwight-schrute.jpg

He is not amused

VN Store

Back