What are you most worried about this season?

Volbrando

....for me the biggest is it's the health and status of Hooker all year

next would be the chaos if we end up losing a game we should or could win

looking forward to a fun season - GBO

This is a legit concern. Some here have asked us to overlook the multiple shortcomings of Milton in the name of whatever gives them the feels, but if Hooker goes down, our season is shot. Ask any Michigan fan for reference.
....for me the biggest is it's the health and status of Hooker all year

next would be the chaos if we end up losing a game we should or could win

looking forward to a fun season - GBO

I'm concerned about the quality of our depth at defensive line and running back. I think our starters will be good, but I wish we had more. I'm also a bit concerned with Heupel's situational play-calling, particularly in close games late. Like to see him use his timeouts more effectively.

It's nice to not feel like we have whole position groups who are weaknesses, for a change.

Reactions: Doberman
I'm concerned about the quality of our depth at defensive line and running back. I think our starters will be good, but I wish we had more. I'm also a bit concerned with Heupel's situational play-calling, particularly in close games late. Like to see him use his timeouts more effectively.

It's nice to not feel like we have whole position groups who are weaknesses, for a change.

Tennessee is deep enough on the interior D-line. Defensive Ends will tell the tale. We have enough elsewhere including QB & LB & RB.

Worried that every team we play will follow the Ole Miss formula. Actually, I don’t really expect that tonight since this is a more or less bought and paid for victory. But I expect mucho flopping when we play SEC teams and maybe Pitt too.

1.our Defense, especially 3rd down. I am confident though, it will be better.
2. The longevity of our RB's. We are going to miss Evans. Dude was a speedster and when he was even, he was leaving.
3. Hooker able to stay healthy.
4. To be honest. I'm excited for this season. I think it could end up being a great season, with a couple ball bounces and officiating being at least average.
GO VOLS. lets shock the world !!!

In all seriousness the 5 things I'm most concerned with...

1.) Huepel's ability to manage clock at the end of both halves in close games. There were times last season where I felt like we either wasted precious seconds or didnt bleed the clock efficiently due to the nature of running fast tempo. There ARE moments when the clock is your opponent, not the other team, and not managing it correctly will get you beat.

2.) Our D's ability to get off the field on 3rd downs. This I felt was the biggest issue of last season. It was the difference in 2-3 wins. Hopefully we can disrupt the QB more this season and force more turnovers.

3.) Depth on defense. If injuries start piling up it could mean the difference between an 8-4 season and a 6-6 or 5-7 season. We do not possess the amount of quality depth on D to be a serious contender.

4.) Running back depth. With the departure of Lynn J, we are pretty thin at RB. Hopefully we can avoid injury at this position.

5.) The left tackle position. Apparently no one merged as a definitive starter in fall camp, which is not a good sign. Shouldn't matter tonight but let's hope by next week this gets solidified.

DBs on the defensive side.

RB on the offensive side.

Getting enough out of the defense to finish off close games.

Last season looks a lot better with some more defensive stops against Purdue, Ole Miss, and Pitt.

I’m concerned with fans reactions should there be some disappointment. I believe wholeheartedly we have the right guy for long-term, sustained success….finally. I never felt that with any of the previous three staffs. I just hope we give CJH the opportunity to continue the development and growth of the program without, well, doing what we do when the outcome is not what we had hoped. I think 9-3 or better is achievable, but won’t be disappointed at 8 wins as long as we continue to look competitive and prepared.

That said…on the field, I hope our running back depth is adequate, and that Bru McCoy can either take pressure off of Tillman or himself have similar production to what we saw from Tillman last year. Defensively I hope to see us be more effective on third downs, and more opportunistic in the secondary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vols And Bruins
Banks actually breaking someone in half. I mean on one hand, it would be pretty cool...but on the other...it would be somebody's son.

Seriously:
1) Injuries not piling up. Too thin in quality depth. Still 2 recruiting classes from changing that
2) Stopping mobile QB's
3) Clock management. 3 and out's in 1 minute of clock kills your own team and not the opponent.

Reactions: LadyVolette

VN Store

Back